The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Scammer on the lose. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311568)

RHD 03-28-2022 06:33 PM

Scammer on the lose.

Hi Folks.
There is a scammer of very low intelligence amongst us. His email address is <[email protected]> He answered one of my classifies advertisements where I was wanting a 28/29 Pickup closed cab, cab only. He could not provide any pictures except a picture of a carburetor which he found online.
I don't know his name, but if you come across the email address above, please blacklist him.
cheers,
RHD.

51504bat 03-28-2022 07:13 PM

Re: Scammer on the lose.

Was your advert here on the Barn or elsewhere? If it was on the Barn make sure to report him/her to the mods so they can be banned.

gdmn852 03-29-2022 04:45 PM

I think I seen that car part character around before.Supposed to have the parts you need no matter how hard they are to find.Just send money.

quickchange 04-13-2022 03:36 PM

Just had a vague reply from carpart 882 re 32 horn , I smell a rat, ?????

Synchro909 04-13-2022 05:57 PM

I recently posted this on another thread:
I just received this PM from mikecurtis562. He has NO posts.

Hello contact [email protected]
They have what you are looking for

Smells like a scam attempt to me.

These rats need weeding out but the next person to be able to do that will be the first and he will make a fortune.

RHD 04-13-2022 10:18 PM

To check a potential scammer out I always ask a simple question, which tests their knowledge. I say 'is the part numbered QBF65F332' and if he says yes, then you know what to do. Always obtain photographs as another safeguard.

Dodge 04-14-2022 12:01 AM

oops double post

Dodge 04-14-2022 12:03 AM

I just got a reply from [email protected] also. He had zero posts so I knew it was
no good.
Instead I bought my part from Gary Custer a stand up guy.

Dodge

Terry, NJ 04-15-2022 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHD (Post 2116976)
Hi Folks.
There is a scammer of very low intelligence amongst us. His email address is <[email protected]> He answered one of my classifies advertisements where I was wanting a 28/29 Pickup closed cab, cab only. He could not provide any pictures except a picture of a carburetor which he found online.
I don't know his name, but if you come across the email address above, please blacklist him.
cheers,
RHD.

Hey, Don't let no pictures be a sign that someone is a scammer! I have not been able to get a picture in or out of this computer for over a year. It's a desktopMac and my camera is a Kodak "Easy share". I updated this machine and it hasn't worked since.
Terry