The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Late V8 (1954+) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I need Carb. & Fuel Pump rebuilt, WHO? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303404)

Old Redneck 09-05-2021 10:52 AM

I need Carb. & Fuel Pump rebuilt, WHO?

Its time to get both of them rebuilt. Who does e good job and decent turnaround?

Dobie Gillis 09-05-2021 11:15 AM

Re: I need Carb. & Fuel Pump rebuilt, WHO?

For the carb check with our very own Sal Cicala here on the forum. Don't know if he messes with fuel pumps, wouldn't hurt to ask.

dean333 09-05-2021 11:34 AM

Charlie in NY, one of THE best.

JimNNN 09-05-2021 12:50 PM

I checked my receipts and I had the fuel pump on my '54 239 Y-block rebuilt by a place in Weymouth, Mass. called Then and Now Automotive. None of the y-block fuel pumps I bought locally were the right configuration, I presume because of my early y-block. So I sent my original to Mass. to have it rebuilt. That was 15 years ago, and it's still working good, so I guess they did a good job. Here's their website. Hopefully they're still in business. If they aren't, please post that info so others will know.

https://www.then-now-auto.com/

Dobie Gillis 09-05-2021 01:01 PM

I just tried the link and this is what I got:

Newsletter
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hey there!

Thanks for visiting our website! We have been working hard to complete our new web store, which will allow you to see our inventory, make a purchase, and have it shipped all in one convenient location. Cool stuff!

We may be missing some products, so please don’t hesitate to call us (781-335-8860), or email us if you need any help. We’re here for you!

If you would like to stay connected with our progress, give us a “like” on Facebook, and sign up for our NewsLetter (you may even get some coupons!)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_facebook type=”button_count”][vc_separator style=”dashed”][vc_column_text][wysija_form id=”1″][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]

JimNNN 09-05-2021 01:17 PM

I'd try calling them on the phone number. I think I originally contacted them through a Hemmings ad. I believe the person who did the work was named Mike, but I'm going off memory here. He was pretty nice to deal with, as I recall. They may not do that kind of work now, though.

paul2748 09-05-2021 07:40 PM

I used a firm named Arthur Gould Rebuilders. been in business a long time. Had two done, sold one to a friend and it is working ok. he just installed it, 508-210-0891 Massachusetts

Also Terrill Machine in Texas

scicala 09-05-2021 09:44 PM

I can do the carburetor, and Charlie ny should be able to do the fuel pump. Not sure what year car and carb you have. If it's a Holley 94 type or Stromberg 97, Chalie ny and Uncle Max have the most experiene and parts. I've been doing all domestic carbs for a long time.

Sal

Anteek29 09-06-2021 10:05 AM

I've had Sal Scicala rebuild my carb and Charlie NY rebuild my fuel pump. Recommend!

GLAmes 09-24-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scicala (Post 2053591)
I can do the carburetor, .......................... I've been doing all domestic carbs for a long time.

Sal

I'm a brand new member. I was sent a link to this thread by a member of the '54 Ford Club of America. I have a 2 barrel that came on the 239 V8 that was in my car when I bought it. I also have one that is complete but might be called a basket case which might be rebuildable. I have been searching for a rebuilder of carbs for quite some time. Since I don't have 10 posts I can't send you a PM so I am trying this method.

51504bat 09-24-2021 08:03 AM

CharlieNY's contact info has been posted before so I guess its OK to post it again.

Charlie ny....Charlie Schwendler
716 662 [email protected]

Hopefully scicala will see this respond.

Herman Munster 09-24-2021 11:57 AM

I've had Sal rebuild two carbs for me. He's a great guy, he does excellent work with a fast turn around.

scicala 09-24-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLAmes (Post 2059672)
I'm a brand new member. I was sent a link to this thread by a member of the '54 Ford Club of America. I have a 2 barrel that came on the 239 V8 that was in my car when I bought it. I also have one that is complete but might be called a basket case which might be rebuildable. I have been searching for a rebuilder of carbs for quite some time. Since I don't have 10 posts I can't send you a PM so I am trying this method.

Yes, I can rebuild your '54 239 Holley two barrel. Charlie ny also does these carbs. My email is: [email protected] Phone (586) 612-1650

Also, if your carb is a basket case, I don't have a lot of spare parts and parts carbs.
Charlie ny may be a better option if any of your castings are trashed.

Sal

KULTULZ 09-24-2021 05:32 PM

You know, I wish you guys would/could advertise here. Is Charlie also the fellow that has a bunch of NOS and lives on Long Island?

Dobie Gillis 09-24-2021 05:37 PM

No, that's Craig Studnick.

scicala 09-24-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KULTULZ (Post 2059880)
You know, I wish you guys would/could advertise here. Is Charlie also the fellow that has a bunch of NOS and lives on Long Island?

Charlie ny (Charlie Schwendler) doess live in New York, but I believe it's more on the north east part of the state. Pretty sure the Buffalo or Rochester area ?

Sal

51504bat 09-24-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KULTULZ (Post 2059880)

Nope. He's from the Buffalo area IIRC

scicala 09-24-2021 05:41 PM

We all replied at the same time. I thought I was the only one with no life. LOL

Sal