The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Oil pan 59AB photos (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156253)

Flysafe 12-04-2014 12:23 PM

Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Hello all,

I have been drawing in 3d Ford Flathead 59AB engine. I need some help please, I'm trying to draw the front of the oil pan without much success, if anyone has the oil pan of the engine 59AB or earlier, which could take some close up pictures of the areas marked in and outside if is possible, would be great.
I've been trying to find the oil pan on the Google but I can not find this model.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps6c274ded.jpg



Thank you so much.

All the best,
Jorge

Flysafe 12-04-2014 01:07 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Some pictures of the drawing that i have made.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...pse56e41e0.jpg


http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps030b6cfb.jpg


http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps71e76985.jpg


http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...pscf28f4ea.jpg


http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps12fbbf6d.jpg





http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps1b57e0d2.jpg

4tford 12-04-2014 01:25 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

awesome work, does that pan have a breather in front? Never seen the slot in the back of one before.

Ross F-1 12-04-2014 01:46 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

So, can you print up a new flathead on a 3D printing machine?! Those are excellent drawings!

40Pickup 12-04-2014 02:21 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Incredibly excellent work! All the hours you've put in all the details to determine dimensions. Are you using Inventor, Solidworks or similar? Makes my drawings in AutoCad.

Jorgen

beerayb 12-04-2014 03:13 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Very cool. Ray

zzlegend 12-04-2014 03:16 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Excellent

mfagan 12-04-2014 03:33 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

What modeling package are you using?

Great job !!

JM 35 Sedan 12-04-2014 04:14 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

1 Attachment(s)
Great work on those drawings! If you do any of the early v-8 blocks from '32 to '53, please post them. I would love to download them for my files.
I have a couple pictures of a 59ab oil pan in a multi part for sale ad here in the v8 swap section. You could download those from the ad and enlarge them for small details. I have never seen an oil pan guite like the one in your picture. What was that oil pan removed from? Many features are differentthan than any of our (USA) oil pans from '32 to '48.

This is the only picture of a 59ab oil that I have right now in my tablet files. I am sure I could add some later from my computer files.

Gary in La. 12-04-2014 05:03 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

7 Attachment(s)
Here is a NOS pan:

Gary in La. 12-04-2014 05:05 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

2 Attachment(s)
And 2 more:

Gary in La. 12-04-2014 05:36 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

4 Attachment(s)
AND the inside views :

Elmo Rodge 12-04-2014 07:07 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4tford (Post 992087)
awesome work, does that pan have a breather in front? Never seen the slot in the back of one before.

That's a picture of the pan on the motor in my Drop Tank. I cut the slot for access to the convertor bolts. Stop by again and I'll show you. :D Wayno

Flysafe 12-05-2014 07:56 AM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Hello all,

I wanted to thank you all for your comments and photos from the oil pan.

The photos were what I'd need, thank you so much to Gary in La. and JM 35 Sedan.

I have lots more photos of the parts already made.

Thank you so much.

All the best,
Jorge

Flysafe 12-05-2014 08:02 AM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4tford (Post 992087)
awesome work, does that pan have a breather in front? Never seen the slot in the back of one before.

I got this shot in another forum through Wayno, it took me a photo. Sorry for I can not answer your questions.

Flysafe 12-05-2014 08:06 AM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross F-1 (Post 992093)
So, can you print up a new flathead on a 3D printing machine?! Those are excellent drawings!

Ross you're talking about a scale model or a real engine?
If it is a scale model I have been talking with a friend to see the best way to do this.

Flysafe 12-05-2014 08:23 AM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40Pickup (Post 992110)
Incredibly excellent work! All the hours you've put in all the details to determine dimensions. Are you using Inventor, Solidworks or similar? Makes my drawings in AutoCad.

Jorgen

The program I'm using is the Rhinoceros 4, a huge amount of hours but I'm happy with the result.



Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 992153)
Great work on those drawings! If you do any of the early v-8 blocks from '32 to '53, please post them. I would love to download them for my files.
I have a couple pictures of a 59ab oil pan in a multi part for sale ad here in the v8 swap section. You could download those from the ad and enlarge them for small details. I have never seen an oil pan guite like the one in your picture. What was that oil pan removed from? Many features are differentthan than any of our (USA) oil pans from '32 to '48.

This is the only picture of a 59ab oil that I have right now in my tablet files. I am sure I could add some later from my computer files.

Unfortunately I have nothing done with the block you say v-8 blocks from early '32 to '53


Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmo Rodge (Post 992266)
That's a picture of the pan on the motor in my Drop Tank. I cut the slot for access to the convertor bolts. Stop by again and I'll show you. :D Wayno

Thanks for the explanation Wayno :)

Flysafe 12-09-2014 04:53 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

Hello,

I'm drawing the block I'm working on exhaust exits I have a small doubt, I'm facing to block, I see the pulleys, which side is the left and the right?

Thank you so much.

Jorge

V8COOPMAN 12-09-2014 05:17 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

If I understand your question correctly, here in this country, we Americans consider the LEFT side of engine to be the same side the steering wheel is on.....the driver's side, or the LEFT side. DD

Bruce Lancaster 12-09-2014 05:26 PM

Re: Oil pan 59AB photos
 

In USA mechanics' or parts book speech, left is always the part on USA driver's side no matter where the observer is standing...thus, the left pump is the one on driver's side even though it is on your right when standing at the motor.
This convention allows manuals and people to say "adjust the left breaker set" and always go the correct one! British usage is "off side" and "near side", and I can never remember what they mean...
Pans from '35-48 are essentially interchangeable, but one from an actual 59A will have the large drain plug as in post 11 and a small threaded hole on the casting that holds the dip stick tube for return pipe from filter...this would be plugged on engines without filter.
Earlier pans will have return hole in separate boss forward on pan, earlier still no return provision there at all.
I doubt that Elmo has ever left anything stock!! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.