The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Drawings needed (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233350)

blgitn 11-14-2017 04:37 PM

Drawings needed

All,

I put a post in the 'wanted' section: I'm looking for body wood drawings / plans for an AA Panel Delivery reconstruction. I have nothing, so any year will is a start, but I'm working on a 32 -33 body. Is there anything out there? Thanks for your help.

-Roger.

1930-Pickup 11-14-2017 06:02 PM

Re: Drawings needed

I love the avatar :D

duke36 11-14-2017 07:39 PM

May want to try Fordwood.com. They may be able to turn up something

Gary WA 11-14-2017 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Restorer Vol 44,Issue 5 Nov-Dec 1999 has photos etc of AA Dlx Del with some photos. The Phoenix Deluxe Delivery "The Beast" Owners are Paul Black and Bob LaBrash. Lots of research etc by the owners. They may be of some help? Good Luck That's my 30 Dlx Del in photo.

wensum 11-15-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1930-Pickup (Post 1552654)
I love the avatar :D

I believe that that's famous British racing driver Raymond Mays in a Brescia Bugatti?

Mike V. Florida 11-15-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blgitn (Post 1552595)
All,

I put a post in the 'wanted' section: I'm looking for body wood drawings / plans for an AA Panel Delivery reconstruction. I have nothing, so any year will is a start, but I'm working on a 32 -33 body. Is there anything out there? Thanks for your help.

-Roger.

You might want to check with the Bensen research center ar Ford.

BRENT in 10-uh-C 11-15-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida (Post 1553105)
You might want to check with the Bensen research center ar Ford.

The issue is he is going to need part numbers of each piece. I get my part numbers out of the Ford Body Parts List book however the date on mine is April of '32. It does not list parts for BBs. The only hope would be to locate the part number for the AA body and then substitute a BB for the prefix and see if there is any print under that number.

Personally Roger, I would treat this as if it were a 1932 'Orphan' truck that no one offers a kit for anyway. Think of it like restoring something like a Packard, Pierce Arrow, Studebaker, Hudson, Chevrolet, etc.

Start by piecing the body together setting all gaps, and then mock fit it onto the chassis. Use Pine lumber to fabricate a resemblance of sills using scraps to glue & screw onto the template to make the shape. Once completed, layout your pattern onto some 8/4 White Oak and use a drill, a router and a saw to replicate a facsimile of the sill. If you find a restored AA Panel, you should be able to take enough pictures and adapt the basic design to your BB. The same for cross-sills, header, rails and roof ribs.

Delrayhuh 11-16-2017 08:15 AM

I read that Rowdy (Rod) over on the ford vintage is restoring an earlier Delivery so maybe this would give you a running start. He mentioned that he was banned from this site, so you would have to catch him there. From his postings he seems like a very knowledgeable guy.
Good Luck on your project!

BRENT in 10-uh-C 11-16-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delrayhuh (Post 1553402)
I read that Rowdy (Rod) over on the ford vintage is restoring an earlier Delivery so maybe this would give you a running start. He mentioned that he was banned from this site, so you would have to catch him there. From his postings he seems like a very knowledgeable guy.
Good Luck on your project!

Roger, to save you some time, Rodney is restoring a Sedan Delivery, ...and nothing would be interchangeable with your Panel Delivery. It was a nice thought though.

blgitn 11-16-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke36 (Post 1552711)
May want to try Fordwood.com. They may be able to turn up something

Thanks, already tried Fordwood.

blgitn 11-16-2017 04:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wensum (Post 1553044)
I believe that that's famous British racing driver Raymond Mays in a Brescia Bugatti?

Yes! it's Raymond Mays in the Number 10 Bugatti

blgitn 11-16-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary WA (Post 1552712)
The Restorer Vol 44,Issue 5 Nov-Dec 1999 has photos etc of AA Dlx Del with some photos. The Phoenix Deluxe Delivery "The Beast" Owners are Paul Black and Bob LaBrash. Lots of research etc by the owners. They may be of some help? Good Luck That's my 30 Dlx Del in photo.

Does anyone have contact info for Mr. Black or Mr. LaBrash?

-Roger.

blgitn 11-16-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C (Post 1553181)
The issue is he is going to need part numbers of each piece. I get my part numbers out of the Ford Body Parts List book however the date on mine is April of '32. It does not list parts for BBs. The only hope would be to locate the part number for the AA body and then substitute a BB for the prefix and see if there is any print under that number.

Personally Roger, I would treat this as if it were a 1932 'Orphan' truck that no one offers a kit for anyway. Think of it like restoring something like a Packard, Pierce Arrow, Studebaker, Hudson, Chevrolet, etc.

Start by piecing the body together setting all gaps, and then mock fit it onto the chassis. Use Pine lumber to fabricate a resemblance of sills using scraps to glue & screw onto the template to make the shape. Once completed, layout your pattern onto some 8/4 White Oak and use a drill, a router and a saw to replicate a facsimile of the sill. If you find a restored AA Panel, you should be able to take enough pictures and adapt the basic design to your BB. The same for cross-sills, header, rails and roof ribs.

Brent,
I have a copy of the 32 parts book; I'll try crossing some hypothetical numbers to the Benson Research Center site.
The scraps and glue is my fall-back plan!

Thanks for the ideas, everybody!

blgitn 11-16-2017 04:54 PM

Cape Codder: your PM inbox is full. Send me your email address!

-Roger.