The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dont forget to check out the 160c Dlx Fordor SW group. and be sure to join! (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358)

msmaron 05-12-2010 05:55 PM

Dont forget to check out the 160c Dlx Fordor SW group. and be sure to join!

hey lets find out how many there are actually of this very very rare car. As said "The Rarest of the Rare". Please send info and join this group for information and ownership of this great 1931 car.:)

Tom in se Va 05-12-2010 07:36 PM

Re: Dont forget to check out the 160c Dlx Fordor SW group. and be sure to join!

What is the differnce between the 160B and the 160C?

kelley's restoration 05-12-2010 08:31 PM

160 c is a blind back?
tk

FredK 05-13-2010 09:50 AM

I am in! See my avatar. Oh wait...I guess I am a b not c. Never mind!

Roadster62 05-13-2010 06:26 PM

There is alot of interest in these bodies I've noticed. Could you post some production details for us Roadster people? :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by msmaron (Post 6072)
hey lets find out how many there are actually of this very very rare car. As said "The Rarest of the Rare". Please send info and join this group for information and ownership of this great 1931 car.:)

msmaron 05-13-2010 07:52 PM

Sure will do for you. Give me a few days and i will get some going. We are trying to continue the research done in 1977 by Phil Ahlin on this car, At that time he was able to locate ONLY 36 owners of the car. It is without a doubt the second rarest passenger Model A Made.. Now lets find out how many are still out there.

msmaron 05-13-2010 07:54 PM

Re: Difference in B vs C

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom in se Va (Post 6164)
What is the differnce between the 160B and the 160C?

Tom the "C" is the blind back Dlx fordor. There are no solid records of how many were done, I beleive DeAnglis book states 750 were made. The car was rare enough that in 1931 there was a club devoted to it alone.
But lets see what we can all find out.

MikeK 05-13-2010 08:13 PM

Mark, Where is the 160c SIG Group ?? I don't see it listed under Community/Social Groups.

I thought I might share something with you guys- There's a 160C in the rust that's been sitting outside, in the snow all winter. Driving outbound on the Kennedy you could almost spit on it. I walk by it once a week on my 5 mile exercise marathon to downtown Park Ridge. Know about it?

I feel cheated, my 160 has too many windows. Maybe during resto I could cover the back two and convert from a B to a C :rolleyes: Two less window moldings to woodgrain, what a bargain!

This brings up an interesting question. Are there any "faked" 160C's made from A or B's :confused: Plenty of other A styles that were standard got the Deluxe treatment on restoration.

Roadster62 05-13-2010 08:17 PM

Years ago I remember driving by one with a for sale sign on it. The guy I was with mentioned it was a rare Model A, this was years ago when all sedans were looked at as sedans. Times sure do change.

kelley's restoration 05-13-2010 08:59 PM

i almost bought one about 2 years ago at iola swapmeet
the guy was a hamber named in laws model a
the roof was bashed in pretty good and it was missing the front doors but it was a blind back
he might still have it
tk

msmaron 05-13-2010 09:05 PM

if it is a blind back...BUY it and Restore it later. They are just too rare!
good luck
mark