The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Who going to V-8 National Meet in Charlotte (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4422)

Old Redneck 06-08-2010 10:37 AM

Who going to V-8 National Meet in Charlotte

This should be a nice National Meet. We are taking our grandson this year. He looking forward in going.Mother didn't think that all 3 of us could ride in the 39. No problen the 3 of us are ok in the conv. coupe.I need to get it ready to take. It not a show car but a driver.I don't usually go to car shows but do go on tours.We are staying at the campground with the motor home.Any of you staying at the campground?:D

Vic Piano 06-08-2010 11:01 AM

Re: Who going to V-8 National Meet in Charlotte

Hi Ken, I wish I could make it but it's just not in the cards... I'm sure the three of you will have a good time. Take lots of photos.

ken ct 06-08-2010 11:15 AM

Come on up Vic,your 1/2 way there.LOL ken ct.:)

Vic Piano 06-08-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken ct (Post 24575)
Come on up Vic,your 1/2 way there.LOL ken ct.:)

Ken, I drove our '51 F-1 up to Charlotte in April for the Charlotte Auto Fair and combined Lincoln Clubs Meet, I had too much fun then, don't want to overload...:D

harry goebel 06-08-2010 01:12 PM

I will arrrive the 23rd, spend one night and leaving the 24th at 7:00pm
Harry

Tom/SC 06-08-2010 01:42 PM

I am taking the 34 coupe entered in the concourse judging. Second time for it. Should be fun! Tom

Lawson Cox 06-08-2010 02:08 PM

I will be stopping by on Wednesday and Thursday just to see vehicles on display and scratch a few fleas.

Pat/Ohio 06-08-2010 05:18 PM

Hi Ken, Candy and I will be there! Taking the '40 Conv. Cpe. We will be registering folks for the Central Meet in Auburn for 2011 while there. Looking forward to visiting with you and Barb (and the little one!). Have a safe trip. Pat

charles in east texas 06-08-2010 05:36 PM

Hey Redneck, I'll be there with a few other folks from the Dallas club. Sherri and I will be driving the 53 4 door. Just a driver with air and P/S. Hope to see you there.
Regards, Charles

3340 06-08-2010 06:18 PM

hi ken,
i will be there showing a 40 convt.coupe,stop bye say hello. wayne

Jim Arnold 06-08-2010 07:22 PM

Ken,
You know I'll be there with the '48 Convert. Bringing a high school classmate friend along. Driving the '48 from Wexford, PA (Pgh). We may even do some of the trip with the rag stowed if it's decent weather.
See you this Saturday.

Randy/In 06-08-2010 07:34 PM

I am going, and bringing the 35 pickup. I hope to meet some of you Ford Barners. Randy.

Cecil/WV 06-08-2010 09:28 PM

I'll be there on the 23rd and stay for the whole enchalada!

Charlie ny 06-08-2010 09:29 PM

Ken,
Alice and I will be there....our reg# is 41. We have 2 swap spaces. It'll be good to see you and Barb again and meet your grandson.
Charlie ny

nelsb01 06-08-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 24589)
I'm planning to be there but maybe a day late since I will be on vacation that week and can't leave for NC before Thursday. Could not get a room at the host hotel, so I booked at another hotel that's ~ 500 feet away. I sure wish the EFV8 Club would schedule these events more towards the weekends rather than starting at the beginning or the middle of the week. This might help to get more people who have to work for a living to attend these national meets. See y'all there. JMO, JM

Hey, that's why they invented 'vacation'. You use it to go to these kind of things, so that you dont have to worry about that thing called "work".

ken ct 06-08-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsb01 (Post 25002)
Hey, that's why they invented 'vacation'. You use it to go to these kind of things, so that you dont have to worry about that thing called "work".

Hey hes retired and we dont get or need vacations,thats what retirement is for. Ha ha. ken ct.:):)

JM 35 Sedan 06-09-2010 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsb01 (Post 25002)

Yes Mr. Nelson, ...it's like Ken Ct said.....I'm on a permanently extended vacation now and I'll have to take a "work break" to attend the EFV8C/A National Meet :D ;)
What I was actually alluding to in my previous post was not necessarily for me and my personal situation, but rather for those folks who still have to work for a living and also for the EFV8 Club to possibly get maximum attendance at their meets. JM

nelsb01 06-09-2010 07:42 AM

I will tell you that from previous experience organizing National Meets, if you want people to come and stay at the hotel location, you have to stay away from weekends in the nicer months of the year, or else you will be offering the membership discounted rooms at $200 a night.
Hotels will will offer you better rates if you go week days into the weekend. Its a battle of economics, and the ability of the hotels to charge what they want.

Didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, but I have always looked at National Meets as a vacation to see old cars, not as a weekend car show.

Marcus 06-09-2010 09:09 AM

ALL: Margretha and I will be there with "Henry" - 47 PU - arrive 24, depart 26 Jun to visit the kids and G/Kids in Winston-Salem. Reservations at the Wingate; EV8 Registration number is 56 (if that means anything). Look forward to seeing all the 'Barners and their toys.....cell is 601-416-6784 if you want to call.
BTW: 2011 Auburn registration number is 6..........Pat/Candy: Is that an early enough registration??
PS: Ken - Are you truly going to drive the '39........seems I remember a trailer involved with the Auburn Meet!! GRIN!!
Warm Regards, Marcus

Pat/Ohio 06-09-2010 10:05 AM

Sounds like there will be several 'Barners in Charlotte! That's great!

Marcus...#6 is good, but Shelly wanted me to remind you that she and Mac are #3! LOL Looking forward to meeting Margretha!

See you all in Charlotte! Pat