The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Revision 4 of the MARC/MAFCA RG's and JS's... (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202513)

Steve Plucker 08-13-2016 05:02 PM

Revision 4 of the MARC/MAFCA RG's and JS's...

I see that Revision #4 is on the market now according to the MAFCA mailer.

They advertise 330 "new" pages! Is that on top of what is there now?

So "Revision #3" was what we received as "Revised 2011" sections; and "Revision #4" will take the place of "Revised 1994" sections?

Thanks.

Pluck

kbinde2 08-13-2016 06:41 PM

Re: Revision 4 of the MARC/MAFCA RG's and JS's...

I remember in the Navy we had Ops/Maint manuals that had to be updated as changes or procedure became available.. remove outdated info pages, replace with new procedure/info pages.
Hard to imagine "new" pages (information) over the current binder content.., however I will keep mine up to date.!

wrndln 08-13-2016 08:05 PM

I just checked MAFCA'a website and saw no reference to the sale of Rev 4 of the JG's. However, there is a reference to Rev 4 information being added. The link to the information is below. If anyone has information on ordering Rev 4, please post it in this string.
Rusty Nelson

http://www.mafca.com/v_publications.html

Pickupman 08-13-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Plucker (Post 1338289)
I see that Revision #4 is on the market now according to the MAFCA mailer.

They advertise 330 "new" pages! Is that on top of what is there now?

So "Revision #3" was what we received as "Revised 2011" sections; and "Revision #4" will take the place of "Revised 1994" sections?

Thanks.

Pluck

Why not call the MAFCA office on Monday and ask them:confused:

henry's 31 08-13-2016 08:40 PM

Received renewal notice today and included was the "MAFCA Merchandise form. Revision 4 was included in this for sale form. I plan to call MAFCA Monday and order mine.

Jim Mason 08-15-2016 06:02 PM

Preordered rev. 4...should ship in October. also renewed membership

Jeff/Illinois 08-15-2016 06:24 PM

Just sent my dues in too, and ordered the new Revision.

And don't forget to vote!

glenn in camino 08-15-2016 07:50 PM

I didn't get the notice from MAFCA. I want to send for the new pages. What's the info?

Mitch//pa 08-15-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn in camino (Post 1339342)
I didn't get the notice from MAFCA. I want to send for the new pages. What's the info?

Go to the MAFCA web site.. Then look under merchandise / publications... It's right there in black / white

figment 08-15-2016 08:14 PM

Are the updates aviable from MARC yet?

wrndln 08-15-2016 08:22 PM

Isn't the rev 4 revision the same for both MAFCA and MARC? I would think both would sell them for the same price.
Rusty Nelson

Steve Wastler 08-15-2016 08:53 PM

With the 2011 revisions, I pre-ordered pre paid 2 sets, then when they came available the other club offered 2 or more at a lesser cost and free shipping. Difference was like 18 bucks. I think it was Marc with the discounted costs. No pre orders here!

MVal 08-15-2016 10:13 PM

The new RG&JS offer was in my MAFCA renewal and ballot envelope I received Saturday.

Jim/GA 08-15-2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrndln (Post 1339362)
Isn't the rev 4 revision the same for both MAFCA and MARC? I would think both would sell them for the same price.
Rusty Nelson

Yes, it is exactly the same book.

MARC and MAFCA have had a contract for many years that governs the joint publication and sale of the Restoration Guidelines, and at the same agreed price. I suppose how a club recovers their shipping cost is up to them. But the intent has always been that the price of the RG&JS would be the same.

You can purchase just the pages to be replaced and added to your Rev. 3 copy to turn it into a Rev. 4 book, if you want, for $30. You re-use your current binder and tabs, and many of the Rev. 3 pages remain intact.

Or you can purchase a complete Rev. 4 with a new set of tabs and a new binder, if you want, for $55. You may want to go this route if your old Rev. 3 is kind of falling apart from use, or if you have put off buying a copy of the RG&JS until Rev. 4 was out.