The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Posting pictures (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211955)

mrtexas 01-02-2017 05:00 PM

Posting pictures

I try to use photobucket. It seems to be slow. Any better alternatives?

If I post to fordbarn I get questions like "where is the picture?"

petehoovie 01-02-2017 05:28 PM

Re: Posting pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtexas (Post 1408208)

If I post to fordbarn I get questions like "where is the picture?"

In my case I found that it was the 'browser' I'm using - Firefox. For example, I was not able to view pictures posted by 'mercman'. I found that I could view his posted pictures on Ford Barn by using Internet Explorer browser. So, I got an Add-on Extension from Firefox that allows me to do one 'right-click' which takes me immediately to Internet Explorer. Easy peasy japanesey!

rotorwrench 01-02-2017 05:28 PM

You can upload Jpeg files from you computer if you "Go Advanced" and scroll down to additional options & click on manage attachments in the attach files block. You then click on one of the empty blocks for an upload the find the file in your documents to attach & upload. It's not to bad a set up but Ryan asks that we try to limit the size of the files to a manageable size level. Most jpegs are good to go as long as the definition level isn't too high.

51 MERC-CT 01-02-2017 05:52 PM

Just logged on to Photobucket and it does seem to be unusually slow, but that has occurred before and in time has been corrected.

51 MERC-CT 01-02-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petehoovie (Post 1408224)
In my case I found that it was the 'browser' I'm using - Firefox. For example, I was not able to view pictures posted by 'mercman'. I found that I could view his posted pictures on Ford Barn by using Internet Explorer browser. So, I got an Add-on Extension from Firefox that allows me to do one 'right-click' which takes me immediately to Internet Explorer. Easy peasy japanesey!

That's strange because I'm using Firefox and have never had any problems viewing his photos.

petehoovie 01-02-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT (Post 1408238)
That's strange because I'm using Firefox and have never had any problems viewing his photos.

What OS are you using? I'm using Windows 7....

51 MERC-CT 01-02-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petehoovie (Post 1408276)
What OS are you using? I'm using Windows 7....

Same system.

petehoovie 01-02-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT (Post 1408279)
Same system.

Well, I haven't been able to figure it out other than to do what I did with the add-on extension from Fire Fox. Switching between browsers for me is just one click so it's no big deal. mercman always posts blown-up pictures as opposed to thumb-nails and maybe this has something to do with it....

glennpm 01-03-2017 07:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Couple of pictures of using "Go Advanced" Photobucket works pretty well. Some of the other picture sites only store your pics for a limited time. Everyone know how annoying the "kitten" pictures are when you were looking for picture guidance?