The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bert's Model A store (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86480)

shop teacher 10-17-2012 10:16 PM

Bert's Model A store

I recently visited Bert's Model A store in Denver, Colorado, what a great place to visit and talk Model A. All the employees were extremely helpful with my newby questions and took me in the shop to help explain visually what they were telling me.
If all Model A people are this helpful I can see this will be a great hobby.:)

P.S. 10-17-2012 10:25 PM

Re: Bert's Model A store

The good news is, almost EVRYONE in the "Model A hobby" is kind and helpful. At least, everyone I've met so far. Model A people are polar opposites of most hot rodders.

mack4759 10-17-2012 10:26 PM

That's one reason the hobby is so enjoyable. It's not just the cars, it's the people!!

Robert

sturgis 39 10-18-2012 01:30 AM

I always enjoy doing business with Steve and Phil. I have never been to their store but some of my friends have enjoyed the experience. They are considered friends of mine. A friend goes to Denver once a month with his 18 wheeler and I plan to ride along and stop at Bert's. Mrs. Sturgis says the Model "A" is done so I do not order a lot of stuff now. They were a great help when I started 12 years ago.

30Tudor 10-18-2012 02:04 AM

Steve and Phil offer incredible customer service. If you or they make a mistake or screw up (which I do regularly) they just happily fix it. The experience has been so good I find myself looking for opportunities to buy something else from them.

Anyway, that's the great thing about this hobby - it is full of people going out of their way to try to help other people.

pooch 10-18-2012 02:04 AM

Steve at bert's is the only vendor EVER to send me the correct complete order as ordered.

rosenkranswa 10-18-2012 08:51 AM

Couldn't agree more. We bought our '31 Station Wagon from Bert's two years ago, wonderful place to do business with. All the antique Ford folks, whether its Model T, A, or early V8 are just plain good folks.

Russ/40 10-18-2012 10:24 AM

When I contacted Bert's via email looking for a part, I sent a picture of what I was looking for. Steve sent back a very cordial note thanking me for being so specific and clear what it was I wanted. Really left me with a good impression. I would never hesitate to go to them for any original part. There assessment of their used parts are very accurate as well. You can count on it being as described, or better.

Not George 10-18-2012 10:30 AM

Steve and Phil are great, they always point me in the right direction, even if I'm only spending two bucks!

lfg 10-18-2012 12:46 PM

I am happy to add a positive report for Bert's I have delt with them for many years, visited thier store a number of times and learned a lot when visting with Steve and Phil.

Larry Gilbert

Dal's Dream Car 10-18-2012 05:36 PM

I need a "Bert's" out here in New England! I'm a newbie myself and could use a knowledgeable parts depot. The online stuff is great but a square look in the eye, solid advice, and a stern smack in the side of the head is better!

Mitch//pa 10-18-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dal's Dream Car (Post 519155)
I need a "Bert's" out here in New England! I'm a newbie myself and could use a knowledgeable parts depot. The online stuff is great but a square look in the eye, solid advice, and a stern smack in the side of the head is better!

you do have a good knowledgable place in your area. joe is the owner at tam's and either him or his daughter answer the phones. were lucky to have so many first class places to deal with. here is the link to his site
http://www.modelaparts.com/default.aspx

29ModelA 10-18-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ/40 (Post 518971)
When I contacted Bert's via email looking for a part, I sent a picture of what I was looking for. Steve sent back a very cordial note thanking me for being so specific and clear what it was I wanted. Really left me with a good impression. I would never hesitate to go to them for any original part. There assessment of their used parts are very accurate as well. You can count on it being as described, or better.

I contacted them via email and never heard back.... I guess I just need to call them.

oldmanandakid 10-18-2012 09:58 PM

Good People. Good Service. Good Parts. Good Advice.

GordonJ 10-18-2012 11:25 PM

If you look at my Avatar picture you will see a 1931 Deluxe Delivery on its way from Bert's in Colorado to my home in Michigan. It is currently under restoration [slight delay while I do a three year assignment in China for Ford Motor Company]. Always good experiences with Steve and Phil and, BTW, our nickname for this delivery will always be "Bert".

BILL WILLIAMSON 10-18-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.S. (Post 518799)
The good news is, almost EVRYONE in the "Model A hobby" is kind and helpful. At least, everyone I've met so far. Model A people are polar opposites of most hot rodders.

P.S,
About your last sentence,:eek: move to FRESNO, and you'll change your mind!:) I'm even an ONNNNERARY member of the Legendary Fresno Pan Draggers, with a stock Model A, no less!:D Just ask "SKIP!" Bill W. (I've met several Mean Old Jackasses in the Model A hobby, nobody's "perfect!")

dean from bozeman 10-19-2012 07:14 AM

On my drive back to Montana from Hershey I decided to "dip south" and see my son who lives in Boulder, Colorado. On Wednesday while he was in class at CU, I went to Denver and visited Bert's. Phil and Steve are great guys who are knowledgeable, friendly and provide great service. Even though this was my third trip to Bert's I was once again struck by the quantity of their parts and the quality of their sheet metal.

After a trip that included Hershey and Bert's I am now ready to hunker down in my garage for winter. Hopefully when I open the garage door in Spring a nice '29 Coupe will roll out. This will be the driver that I've been planning to do for some years now.

old1928fordguy 10-20-2012 11:24 PM

Thanks for all the atta-boys from our friends out there in Model A land.Glad we could help! Phil Turner, Berts Model A

BILL WILLIAMSON 10-20-2012 11:34 PM

Phil, The Dog put me up to this,
What's our discount???? Bill W. (Others may be embarrased to ask.)

John LaVoy 10-21-2012 10:39 AM

I will add Bert's is a great place to visit. Missed Phil on the last trip through, The Model A Times Summer Tour hit Denver on Saturday night. Steve offered to meet us at 9 AM Sunday morning so everyone could see the operation for themselves. It was a kind offering and I and all the folks on the tour really appreciated it.