The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   LED Lights (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297408)

antiquepa 04-16-2021 06:14 PM

LED Lights
 

Any pro's or con's on LED Head Lights. I Know there brighter but do they help you see the road any better.

CarlG 04-16-2021 06:16 PM

Re: LED Lights
 

Go for it!

KMeredith87 04-16-2021 07:28 PM

Re: LED Lights
 

Haven’t done the headlight yet myself...plan on doing the new brattons reflectors and LEDs. However, I did just put some LED bulbs in the tail lights and was rather happy with them, much brighter which should help with being more visible as I don’t run a third brake light. Just a thought.

paboot 04-16-2021 08:27 PM

Re: LED Lights
 

Here is a good link about the head lights, from Paul Shinn

https://youtu.be/mfEqM8YSSvo

shew01 04-16-2021 09:38 PM

Re: LED Lights
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by paboot (Post 2007912)
Here is a good link about the head lights, from Paul Shinn

https://youtu.be/mfEqM8YSSvo


That is an interesting video. Do you know of a supplier? Paul mentioned an auction, but I didnít see any pertinent information.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeneBob 04-16-2021 11:06 PM

Re: LED Lights
 

Here is the website for Logolites. Good people and they just re-engineered their 6V positive ground bulbs to address the "flicker" issue. They are available through the website or through your favorite supplier. I spoke with them a couple times to address the problems that I was having (poor connections through the headlight switch).
http://www.logolites.com/products/led-headlights/

HD Rider 04-17-2021 08:34 AM

Re: LED Lights
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by shew01 (Post 2007925)
That is an interesting video. Do you know of a supplier? Paul mentioned an auction, but I didnít see any pertinent information.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go.
http://www.newtonwells.com
The link are in the video description. You do have to expand it to see them.

shew01 04-17-2021 08:43 AM

Re: LED Lights
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD Rider (Post 2008032)
Here you go.
http://www.newtonwells.com
The link are in the video description. You do have to expand it to see them.

Thank you. :-)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.