The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Latest "Bubba" report ! (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289097)

BUBBAS IGNITION 10-23-2020 12:37 PM

Latest "Bubba" report !

First of all i want to thank everyone for understanding that i have really been under the weather for the past year or so !!
But heres todays report, after over 200 dialysis treatments i am perking up and out of the barn feeling pretty well. Have had some issues ( a bad fall in May ) but over all very much better .

Terry and i ,last week dug all the orders up and put them on the counter with a goal of being done and shipped by Jan 1st . Thats a goal but i think we can get it done ...

Terry (master blaster) has most of them cleaned blasted and polished ready for me to assemble so its up to me to get them done !!!

I suggest if you have a early Ford distributor send it or inquire to

Mike Driscol ( the new "bubba" in Tenn)
3rd Generation Parts
2600 Old Nashville Hwy
Mc Minnville Tennessee 37110
844-327-5988

Mike has a lot more energy than i do and does a great job !!!! ;)

BUBBAS IGNITION 10-23-2020 01:01 PM

Re: Latest "Bubba" report !

1 Attachment(s)
A counter pic ( by the way there was 21 orders (may be a couple more hanging on the wall?)

Zeke3 10-23-2020 01:03 PM

Bubba #1, glad to hear you are doing well. Don't let that pile of distributors get in the way of your "T" project. Thanks for the information on Bubba #2.

41Fordor 10-23-2020 01:22 PM

Thanks for the update and stay well! I have a small six Loadamatic I want to get converted to mechanical advance and Pertronix so I'll try him!

petehoovie 10-23-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUBBAS IGNITION (Post 1944447)
A counter pic ( by the way there was 21 orders (may be a couple more hanging on the wall?)

Keeping busy is good therapy....

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...6&d=1603476083

BUBBAS IGNITION 10-23-2020 02:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK been on the throttle and got ONE done an shipped today !!!!
Early large cam helmet with defective bushing in the end !!!

BUBBAS IGNITION 10-23-2020 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 41Fordor (Post 1944450)
Thanks for the update and stay well! I have a small six Loadamatic I want to get converted to mechanical advance and Pertronix so I'll try him!

I cant do it but i can help ... Get friendly with the auto zone guy or rock auto is you are a computer guy. Buy a complete distributor from a 1962 Ford Falcon ( this gives you correct rotation and mechanical advance. Take it apart by removing the drive gear and shaft do the same to your loadamatic.....
take all the parts to a machine shop and say i want this drive gear and lower housing mated to this falcon unit ....they should be able to do that ????

heres a pic from rock auto

mfirth 10-23-2020 05:21 PM

Wow, good to hear from you Jim....keep on keep'n & God be with ya !

cajunfirehawk 10-23-2020 08:13 PM

Lil Bubba rebuilt my Helmet Dizzy w/11a internals and its great,
Get well Original Bubba!!

totto 10-23-2020 08:24 PM

Glad to hear "good news" from you!!!! I know you will miss the distributor work and contact with all us "FORD" guys, but your health is very important. You have a tremendous amount of "Know how" and we all need your input for distributor questions. Stay well and keep on the road of recovery!!

Henry

TomT/Williamsburg 10-23-2020 09:56 PM

Here here m! You are doing good so please keep it going by taking care
of you first! All the best to you and keep in touch!