The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   shipping frustration (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292790)

jimTN 01-10-2021 04:54 PM

shipping frustration

It seems that EPAY is calling things shipped when only a label is created and often 5 or 6 days until the item is accepted by USPS, UPS or FEDEX. Items which are supposed to be priority expedited mail are taking days and days over normal shipping time and USPS is not providing up to date tracking. This may not be universal because last night a Postman delivered a pkg from NY at 9 to me and believe me I am out in the country. I know this is a rant but it seems like everything something is valuable, fragile and time sensitive, it sort of disappears in the system.

J Franklin 01-10-2021 05:08 PM

Re: shipping frustration

If the time is lost in printing the shipping label to acceptance by the shipper, it isn't the shipping agency that is at fault.

JSeery 01-10-2021 05:10 PM

It is going to depend on the seller. When I print a shipping label I deliver it to the shipper the same day. But, there is nothing to force the seller to do this, about all you can do is read their reviews and see if they have a pattern of this.

leon bee 01-10-2021 07:11 PM

^^What JSeery said, it's just a crapshoot right now. I've done a LOT of waiting lately, but I don't hold it against anyone. A lot going on these days and it affects everything.

FortyNiner 01-10-2021 07:27 PM

Things that always worked aren't working now. I cannot know exactly what is causing the problems but any package handled by the USPS can easily see unexplained delays at most every stage. Don't see this changing anytime soon.

skidmarks 01-10-2021 07:37 PM

Post office is a mess. Mailed a Priority package from Delaware to Porto Rico. Sat for 4 days in Philadelphia and now showed up in Chicago. 2 and 3 day flat rate Priority is now taking 9 to 14 days.

51 MERC-CT 01-10-2021 07:42 PM

Open up the USPS web site and read the red line near the top of the page.

https://www.usps.com/

I have been waiting for something from CA since 12/8 and it's still in the pipeline, somewhere :confused:
Ranting about it ain't going to get it to me or anyone else any sooner.

Tim Ayers 01-10-2021 09:20 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I just had the opposite happen. I purchased a rivet gun from TX. Seller printed label and it said expected delivery on 1/23/21. Two days after getting the notice a label was printed, it arrived. Two weeks earlier. Not complaining, but it just goes to show things are a bit wacky right now.

tubman 01-10-2021 09:24 PM

I have heard that "Priority Mail" packages are moving quite well, but regular "First Class" stuff suffers from the overload problem.

FortyNiner 01-10-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubman (Post 1972658)
I have heard that "Priority Mail" packages are moving quite well, but regular "First Class" stuff suffers from the overload problem.

My experience has been exactly the opposite. Everything is luck of the draw to results: distance, shipping point, and status type.

fortyonerag 01-11-2021 01:08 AM

Lots of shippers are suffering from the reduced amount of domestic and international air travel.

Items that were once subject to air uplift are now being handled by road or rail. This is creating significant flow problems all along the logistics chain.

For this reason, shippers that utilise dedicated freight aircraft will have a better chance of meeting their service standard.

Having said that, nothing is guaranteed these days

vincent 01-11-2021 04:49 AM

Third Gen shipped my steering parts on the 8th to Germany, I received them today, the 11th. UPS is fast - at least this time! It doesn´t get better than that.

Terry,OH 01-11-2021 07:55 AM

Mailed on the 29th and still in transit.

V8ER 01-11-2021 08:24 AM

Letter mailed on December 9th in Pittsburgh, PA arrived in Lancaster, PA on January 7th.

Toytrk85 01-11-2021 10:05 PM

I had parts shipped from Indiana a month ago, tracking says they still haven't left Indiana. Pure insanity.

tubman 01-11-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FortyNiner (Post 1972677)
My experience has been exactly the opposite. Everything is luck of the draw to results: distance, shipping point, and status type.

This (regular packages doing better than "Priority Mail") seems counter-intuitive to me. I can tell you that over that last 6 months, none of the "Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Boxes" I have sent (8 or 10 a month for my condenser sales) have taken more that a week to complete their journey.

35fordtn 01-12-2021 01:06 AM

UPS rules the roost at the current moment. I’ve lost most all faith in USPS. We have been relying on UPS and FedEx 2-day as much as possible. International buyers should consider using UPS when possible even though it cost more.

Ziggster 01-12-2021 05:14 AM

Haha! My stuff from Third Gen arrived yesterday! Have to be patient...

STEVE O 01-12-2021 05:20 AM

I'm still waiting for my bell housing adaptor mailed on Dec 4. Moved Dec 8 then again on Dec 24, once again on Jan 8 and stalled again. WOW this is crazy! Steve

mrlaser 01-12-2021 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tracking number : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tracking number created
December 16, 05:16PM
xxxxxx, OH

Package received by USPS

In transit
December 21, 12:00AM

Out for delivery NO

Delivered NO