The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Late V8 (1954+) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Wanting to know (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256004)

joe plumber 12-11-2018 09:20 PM

Wanting to know

Did Fordbarn pass away

miker98038 12-11-2018 09:54 PM

Re: Wanting to know

No, I think we’re just a little slow with the holidays coming up. But there’s been some interesting items over at yblocksforever with some of the usual suspects from here.

Wasn’t it Mark Twain ? “The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.”

Lanny 12-12-2018 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe plumber (Post 1704839)
Did Fordbarn pass away

==============================================

Yes, and we are all just ghosts of Christmas's Past. :eek::eek::eek:

Ford blue blood 12-12-2018 09:10 AM

Nope...woke up sucking air this morning....agreed, Christmas preps.....

dmsfrr 12-12-2018 12:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Was busy last week with back and forth across town replacing the 25 yr old tires and having the suspension rebuilt on a certain red car,
and family in town over the weekend.

fordrodsteven 12-12-2018 01:12 PM

In my case. It's winter here. Cold weather and my garage is not heated. I go inside for the winter and work on the "honey do" list. I tend to lurk the websites because I don't have much to input during the winter months.... Unless you want to know about painting the living room, remodeling the master bathroom, refinishing the kitchen cabinets, tiling a bathroom for my daughter, wrapping Christmas presents.....

Happy winter to all and Merry Christmas!

KULTULZ 12-12-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfrr (Post 1704973)

...and having the suspension rebuilt on a certain red car

:eek:

Now just a cottin' pickin' minute!

You mean to tell me with all you have done on this car that you allowed someone else to fondle it's ball joints ... :confused:

dmsfrr 12-12-2018 05:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KULTULZ (Post 1705070)
:eek:
Now just a cottin' pickin' minute!

You mean to tell me with all you have done on this car that you allowed someone else to fondle it's ball joints ... :confused:

Yep, I swapped in new rear leaf springs but don't have the tools needed for replacing the front control arm bushings or re-setting the alignment.
She didn't mind, her brakes even started working better and they didn't touch them.

KULTULZ 12-12-2018 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

She didn't mind, her brakes even started working better and they didn't touch them.
Ah, she is catting around already. Better keep her locked up.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...9&d=1544658536

As for the brakes, with all new bushings and joints, the suspension doesn't move around as much.

I am only kidding, OK ... :D

dmsfrr 12-12-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KULTULZ (Post 1705117)
Ah, she is catting around already. Better keep her locked up.

As for the brakes, with all new busings aand joints, the suspension doesn't move around as much.

I am only kidding, OK ... :D

The idler arm was really shot so I guess having the steering jump to one side when the brakes were applied more than a bit shouldn't have surprised me.
I sure won't complain if she comes back from a shop working better than I'm expecting,
should probably drop her off more often. :rolleyes:

Coach Grumpy 12-13-2018 12:48 AM

I've been lurking with not much to say. The 55Club is sitting all bundled up in the driveway waiting for more snow. The garage is filled with 2,000 board feet of 6" tongue and groove that needs to be sanded, cut and stained.

Happy Holidays to all!

Ford56 12-13-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordrodsteven (Post 1705003)
In my case. It's winter here. Cold weather and my garage is not heated. I go inside for the winter and work on the "honey do" list. I tend to lurk the websites because I don't have much to input during the winter months.... Unless you want to know about painting the living room, remodeling the master bathroom, refinishing the kitchen cabinets, tiling a bathroom for my daughter, wrapping Christmas presents.....

Happy winter to all and Merry Christmas!

Even tho this area doesn't get snow or ice, like I'm used to up "North", it does get uncomfortably cold and rainy here too, enough to make me let a few weeks go at a time before I'll get the '56 Victoria out for a spin. We're having a nice mild day today, so, I'll be getting Miss Vickie out, finally. :D

Hot Rod Reverend 12-13-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe plumber (Post 1704839)
Did Fordbarn pass away

I guess I am an oddball, but I cannot determine the relevance of the op's message here on the forum... :confused: maybe he has not seen any new posts and needs to refresh his browser or something?

dmsfrr 12-13-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Reverend (Post 1705274)
I guess I am an oddball, but I cannot determine the relevance of the op's message here on the forum... :confused: maybe he has not seen any new posts and needs to refresh his browser or something?

There was a day or so last weekend with virtually no posts. I too was beginning to wonder why...

Hot Rod Reverend 12-13-2018 10:41 AM

You guys have answered all of our questions - what more is there to solve??? :)

Seriously though - I am noticing the pricing for 50s/60s Fords project cars begin to go down from what I had been seeing for the past 10-15 years. I wonder if there truly are not as many of us as there used to be working on these things from time to time. Who knows...;)

joe plumber 12-13-2018 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Reverend (Post 1705274)

My browser is fine,

Ford56 12-14-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Reverend (Post 1705313)
You guys have answered all of our questions - what more is there to solve??? :)

Seriously though - I am noticing the pricing for 50s/60s Fords project cars begin to go down from what I had been seeing for the past 10-15 years. I wonder if there truly are not as many of us as there used to be working on these things from time to time. Who knows...;)

This has been discussed on a couple of other car forums that I belong to, and the consensus is that there are declines of general interest as the relevant population ages, and, lets face it, dies off. There sure isn't as much interest in pre World War 2 cars as there was, say, 25 years ago, right?

Cars from the 50's & 60's are generally not as interesting to 20 & 30 y/o somethings.

The 'ole Law of Supply & Demand is at work here. :D

Daves55Sedan 12-16-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Reverend (Post 1705313)
I am noticing the pricing for 50s/60s Fords project cars begin to go down from what I had been seeing for the past 10-15 years. I wonder if there truly are not as many of us as there used to be working on these things from time to time. Who knows...;)

Actually, the popularity vastly diminished quite some time ago for the car models, giving way to station wagons for several years and now the wagon models have decreased in popularity, giving way to the old F100 pickup trucks. Haven't you noticed seeing more and more people with F100's posting questions lately? There are undoubtedly many more who post exclusively at the Truck websites who don't even know about fordbarn.