The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My old red tonner on a music video. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294256)

GB SISSON 02-09-2021 12:01 AM

My old red tonner on a music video.

My cinematographer friend just sent me this. I'm glad I let those two kids (16 and 18) use my truck for the filming. Not only are they musical, but both can drive a real truck.

https://vimeo.com/509968500

slowforty 02-09-2021 12:29 AM

Re: My old red tonner on a music video.

Nice

50fordcoupeman 02-09-2021 12:32 AM

This warms my heart!!

GB SISSON 02-09-2021 12:50 AM

Funny thing, those kids chose that John Prine song. I 'met' him (Prine) on the FM radio in the early 70's . Back when it was underground radio. Mr. Prine died from the covid virus last spring. He was our age. If you are home and 'covid bored' like me, look at John Prine's video of 'come on home'. That's what the kids did the video of. If you are a hopeless romantic and old like me also watch 'Sam Stone' and 'Hello in there'. I'm not ashamed to say have a handkerchief nearby. Enough said....

Will D 02-09-2021 01:07 AM

"Hello in there" come on GB, why are you trying to make us cry?? Amazing what a simple "hello" can do for a person. Don't hesitate the next time you pass someone on the street.

Great video too, love that tonner of yours.

GB SISSON 02-09-2021 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will D (Post 1983401)
"Hello in there" come on GB, why are you trying to make us cry?? Amazing what a simple "hello" can do for a person. Don't hesitate the next time you pass someone on the street.

Great video too, love that tonner of yours.

I'm still sitti'n here cryin' If you don't love this stuff then I'll have to move over to the hamb... Oh wait they are a bunch of 'tough guys'... But seriously my true friends, Just listen slowly and carefully to 'hello in there' and 'sam stone' and if you are still there, that's who I am.... Of course into diesel conversions ands ford bodys onto japanese 4 wd vehicles ... Oh wtf

Will D 02-09-2021 02:14 AM

I forget sometimes tone and emotion doesn't translate thru typing. Thank you for sharing GB. "Hello in there" was pulling my heart strings, I can't lie. Im a little lacking in years to relate to 'sam stone' but sure paints a picture.

GB SISSON 02-09-2021 02:36 AM

In 1972 I was working in a shipyard when tne lottery numbers came out... To this day I'm not sure of my low lottery number is what I really wanted. I'm still here because of it, but I would have gone right in. I'd be a different GB Sisson today but I Hope I would have liked the man I am today. Signed, Proud American, GB Sisson

flatford8 02-09-2021 02:40 AM

Gary, I swear some of your posts make me really wish you and I were neighbors my friend. Hi “met” John Prine in Portland Maine about 15 years ago when he was touring his album Fair and Square. He has been one of my favorites ever since. Congratulations to the boys on doing a great video! And, being able to drive an old truck!! Was that filmed where you live? Do you know if that’s their family at the end? Will is absolutely right, you can’t get emotion and sincerity out of a keyboard. Great Job Gary!........ Mark

GB SISSON 02-09-2021 03:00 AM

Fuggin aye! those boys were raised on this island.They do a great job of it. but you realklyt gotta look at John Prine's official video of 'Summers End'... The mom died of opioid addiction. The kids in this film were fine, but the premise of the original video was families ripped apart by the opiod crisis..... Don't get me wrong. Sometimes I have a sip of 'old grandad' after I should ihave stopped, but I hope I never go crazy

FortyNiner 02-09-2021 04:33 AM

Outstanding. Congrats to both these fine young men for a great piece of work. The truck shows very well, Gary.

mfirth 02-09-2021 08:26 AM

What a joy !!!!! THANKS for sharing G B. Love that truck too. Young folks like these guys give you hope for our country.

deuce5wndw 02-09-2021 08:38 AM

Outstanding!!!!

Bill 02-09-2021 09:20 AM

Very well produced video! And I noticed very little play in the steering as well! John Prine never received the exposure he deserved but to those who were his followers he was as talented as any Vegas headliner. I have enclosed a link to a private concert he gave in Dec/'18. He was in the twilight of his career at the time but he could still sing with enough passion to bring a tear to your eye. Don't believe me? Gordon Lightfoot is in the audience. Put your headphones on and enjoy the concert.. Bill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Rkm_dqm7A

Mart 02-09-2021 09:24 AM

Very nicely done all round, GB. Mart.

RalphG 02-09-2021 10:08 AM

Quite a well made video. And the "jailbar Ford" looks great. Reminds me of the one my dad taught me to drive on. ONly the bigger two ton version. I have it's grille hanging on the shed door to remind me of those times.

Ray in La Mesa 02-09-2021 10:09 AM

So great, what a respite from today's trials.

feufeu 02-09-2021 10:10 AM

Really nice song and pictures!
congratulations!

truckdog62563 02-09-2021 10:43 AM

Once again, nicely said Gary. Great video and talented kids. I’m gonna link this thread to a text for some of my buddies (non-truck), but John Prine fans to reflect on. Thanks. Stu

Zeke3 02-09-2021 10:53 AM

Thanks Gary, a great video and the truck looks great.

It is a snow day here, so thanks Bill for the link to some great John Prine music. Now I better go out and shovel some.