The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's up with Fastenal Blue Line freight? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288472)

Newc 10-10-2020 04:36 PM

What's up with Fastenal Blue Line freight?

Hi; Sold an engine and went to the Blue Line[Fastenal] site and found a post: "No longer taking shipments from Public at the stores!" Some Chinese Virus thing?
Also noticed the route maps were Regional, Not connected for transcontinental, as West Coast was separate from Mid-West ect. A learning experience here. Newc

95476 10-10-2020 05:43 PM

Re: What's up with Fastenal Blue Line freight?

I tried several times to ship or get things shipped to Calif through fastenal.
They would only go as far as Reno.No inter Calif shipments.
I gave up and use Engineshippers.Com. They have hauled engines, seats, Columbia's, etc with no problems so far and about half what Yellow Freight, Con-Way, etc wanted.
I think they are a freight broker but each time the same company picks up and drops off.

AlexLohmann1 10-10-2020 05:48 PM

I use yellow freight, xpo logistics, etc. Fairly quick and inexpensive (relatively speaking). I've set up several shipments for myself and others.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

frnkeore 10-11-2020 12:37 AM

I don't know what happened to Fastenal. A year and a half ago, they would ship anything, anywhere and would ship to and from my area. But, 3 months ago, I sold a Zephyr OD trans, to a guy in San Diego.

My area is 80,000 people but, I would have to drive 90 miles, to a small town on the coast also, in OR and they wouldn't ship to SD but, only to LA Co.

Very, very strange logistics!!!

I wish I knew what was going on.

rotorwrench 10-11-2020 09:20 AM

They want business accounts only now days. I don't think that's a very good business model but then what do I know?

melisahe 10-11-2020 11:30 AM

I got a 49 ford cab shipped to Louisiana with Fastenal and was told that was the last shipping I could get from them. Businesses only!

Krylon32 10-11-2020 01:07 PM

Bean Counters????

tubman 10-11-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krylon32 (Post 1940521)
Bean Counters????

Most likely.

Newc 10-11-2020 02:23 PM

Yep; We just used Yellow/Readyway to ship a flathead, Oregon to Georgia for just under $300. the local Fastenal said bring it by, but they were going to broker it anyway. Looks like Yellow is now our answer, or some other common carrier. Newc

Paul Bennett 10-11-2020 03:44 PM

October - I used Fastenal to get an engine mid-california to portland, that in September when they reopened. Good people, great price ($165)

totto 10-12-2020 06:03 PM

I just shipped a '35 truck fender from MI to FL( 70lbs) and on pallet for $175 with Fastenal. Dropped off @ Fastenal in Midland, MI on Friday the 2nd of Oct and got to Milberry, FL on Thursday the 8th. Was very pleased.

trulyvintage 10-13-2020 10:04 AM

Ask A Friend Who Has A Commercial Acvount

Fastenal Commercial Customers get preferred consideration with shipping availability.

You might know someone or know someone that knows someone - that has a Fastenal Commercial Account 🧐

Jim

Automotive Stud 10-14-2020 10:30 AM

I called them over the summer and they said they weren't doing outside freight due to covid, but they anticipated it going back to normal at some point. Maybe this is their way of baby stepping back into public freight?

Newc 10-14-2020 09:34 PM

Still; I don't think that Fastenal is transcontinental. They seem to show regional routes only on their web site. Newc

Hitman 10-14-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newc (Post 1941701)
Still; I don't think that Fastenal is transcontinental. They seem to show regional routes only on their web site. Newc

Okay! Fordbarn doesn’t control Fastenal. Call Fastenal

54vicky 10-15-2020 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 1941718)
Okay! Fordbarn doesn’t control Fastenal. Call Fastenal

well said