The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Third Gen Auto delays (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278678)

35fordtn 03-29-2020 05:28 PM

Third Gen Auto delays

Guys,
We are small husband and wife business that stays awfully busy. For the next 6-8 weeks if you purchase from us there may be a little delay in orders (mostly hardware kits), and we will not be doing any rebuilding services during this time.

Lawrie 03-29-2020 05:30 PM

Re: Third Gen Auto delays

Ok thanks
Lawrie

VeryTangled 03-29-2020 05:36 PM

The goldstrike that 35fordtn has in his inventory is exactly the kind of goodness I'm always wanting. So, just me, but I'd keep ordering and just be a tiny bit patient for your deliveries coming out of the Volunteer State.

Big Daddy got by on nine toes just fine...

KiWinUS 03-29-2020 05:59 PM

Guy’s your service is typically over the top any ways. Thanks for all you both do.
Cheers
Tony

Charlie ny 03-29-2020 06:53 PM

Michael.........you're worth a little wait !!
Charlie ny

Mac VP 03-29-2020 07:47 PM

We’ve considered making a similar statement. The times have had both a direct effect and various secondary effects on a vendor’s abilities to process orders. Just keep plugging away and do the best you can. All reasonable buyers will understand. You’re doing good things there, Michael!

35fordtn 03-29-2020 07:59 PM

Mac,
Yes times are tough as you and I have spoken about. We all can do the best we can!

The true reasoning for this post is I have injured my foot pretty bad. This will cause me to be hobbling around on one foot for several weeks and today made me realize how tough that can be when working in the automotive industry

In addition to the above issue and the current events in our world Jane and I wish to play it safe and not over stress ourselves.

Everyone, please stay safe; I pray for everyone affected financially and health wise given the current events.

Walter Ezzell 03-29-2020 10:18 PM

I just have to add my 2 cents worth. I have bought from you on that epay site and you have always done a great job of describing and shipping items. Hang in there and just know you are doing your best. Prayers for a fast recovery for you and this nation.

Bored&Stroked 03-30-2020 05:59 AM

Hey Mike - sorry to hear about your foot . . . hopefully you are on the mend! I've always enjoyed working with you and we're all very fortunate to have you and your family in this business. I sincerely hope you get back on your two feet soon and that by sticking together we can all weather this storm and come out the other side better than ever. Hang in there - be smart, be safe and be well!

Pete/Ct. 03-30-2020 08:59 AM

No problem Mike, you've always right on target. Thanks.

Karl 04-03-2020 05:18 PM

Get well Soon Michael .
I've brought a lot from you and its all been great.
I will be buying more in future but unfortunately getting stuff to the other side of the world is now somewhat problematic. I have a forwarding address Stateside but flights to New Zealand are virtually non existent at this time

koates 04-03-2020 07:18 PM

Thanks Michael and Jane. I have purchased quite a few items from you in the past and all were very good, as was your service. We are all locked down here in Australia so cant do anything much at all. I hope your foot comes good soon. Take care and stay healthy. Best regards, Kevin.

cajunfirehawk 04-05-2020 12:41 AM

Get well Michael and as you mentioned, it is surely a crazy time in our world, in my almost 60 yrs on this planet I think this may be the most bizarre situation I have witnessed and surviving Katrina was no picnic but this might top that, prayers for all and our great countries quick rebound.
Please be safe and stay at home if possible.

Thomas911-76 04-08-2020 03:12 PM

Hi Michael,
I wish you a speedy recovery for your foot. Think a little more about your health so that you can stay with us.
I like to be a customer of yours and appreciate your goods.

Greetings from Melbeck, Germany
Thomas

35fordtn 04-08-2020 04:27 PM

Thanks for the comments! We are back up to full speed. My wife picked me up a wheelchair and a knee scooter, and with my scooter I can zip around the ship with ease and speed! We are full steam ahead now and back to where we were. I’ll go back to rebuilding components next week with the exception of rear axles and anything heavy.

Stay safe everyone! We are fortunate;, during WWII citizens were called about to fight (quite literally) a threat. Again we are being called upon to fight a threat and all we have to do to fight it is stay home with family and work on our beloved early fords!

Zeke3 04-08-2020 05:45 PM

Take it easy on the corners with that knee scooter. A friend had one recently after ankle surgery and he took a spill with his, operator error. Hope to see you back to full speed soon.

TomT/Williamsburg 04-08-2020 06:17 PM

Sorry to hear of your troubles but most of us aren’t running away anywhere regardless so go at whatever pace is good for you! No worries!

Kens 36 04-09-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35fordtn (Post 1871729)
My wife picked me up a wheelchair and a knee scooter, and with my scooter I can zip around the ship with ease and speed! We are full steam ahead now and back to where we were.

When did you get a ship? ...and steam powered, no less.:eek:

Ken

V8COOPMAN 04-09-2020 09:57 AM

Man, I had never heard of a "knee scooter", but I lead a sheltered life! Heck, these things even have spoked wheels and a straight axle like we're all used to. Watch the speed limit, and get well soon! DD

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.....01_SL500_.jpg

35fordtn 04-09-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kens 36 (Post 1871988)
When did you get a ship? ...and steam powered, no less.:eek:

Ken

Ken, I tried to convince her a 36 or 33 Roadster was a better option over a scooter..