The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Our Friend, Shadetree - Medical Issues (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278397)

Marcus 03-23-2020 05:48 PM

Our Friend, Shadetree - Medical Issues

ALL: Old Timers on the 'Barn will remember Bud Reynolds, who posts as "Shadetree" ...... He has a medical issue (not the COVID-19), and is unable to communicate via the 'Barn. I spoke today with his wonderful wife, Linda, and she indicated that his mind is sharp, and he would love to hear from his fellow car nuts! All that to say that if you wish to make a comment to Shadetree via the 'Barn, Linda will read them to him. If you wish to send a note via me, my email is truckstang(01)@gmail.com - just drop the parentheses around the 01. And for those who really remember, I sold "Clyde" (1929 CCPU) to Shadetree circa 2006 and bought him back circa 2008 - he still resides in my garage!

KiWinUS 03-23-2020 06:20 PM

Re: Our Friend, Shadetree - Medical Issues

Shadetree our prayers go out to you for a speedy recovery. Hurry back to the Barn. We need you.
Cheers
Tony

FlatheadTed 03-23-2020 06:32 PM

Hey Shadetree you are one of the originals ,I remember our first communicates regarding old flatheads ,we were on a similar wave length in those days ,I wish you a speedy recovery .Ted

Joe Immler 03-23-2020 07:09 PM

Shadetree. God Bless you and Linda and may you get better as soon as possible. Miss you on the Barn

JM 35 Sedan 03-23-2020 08:25 PM

Hello Shadetree/Bud, we've certainly missed you, and seeing your nice looking '35 Cabriolet here on Fordbarn. I should have sent you a PM/Email a long time ago to find out how you were doing. I believe the last time I recall seeing you was at one of Vic Piano's Barners Bash gatherings in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. You and Mike Burch, Sr. drove down together, ... probably from Mike's place in Daytona Beach. I'm glad Marcas put us in touch with you... hoping you will be well enough soon to get back here and join us again on the Fordbarn.

richard crow 03-23-2020 08:31 PM

remember your saying it,s better to be seen than viewed

Don 03-23-2020 08:36 PM

Bud,,Don Preston over here in KY,you and your son showed up here one day and picked up a couple engines one for your pickup,,met you again at Huntington Ritter park were we compared some difference in your 35 and my 35 roadster,,missed your knowledge info on the Barn,,,,take care,,,Don Preston

Mike in Mass 03-23-2020 10:33 PM

Hope you get well and get back here .Miss you Shadetree , prayers sent .Mike P

deuce_roadster 03-23-2020 10:52 PM

Looking forward to seeing you post again soon. Take care and I am sending good thoughts your way.

reagen 03-24-2020 09:05 AM

Get well soon, Prayers

Ron Pilger 03-24-2020 09:39 AM

I've benefited from many of your posts in the past. I look forward to more, Shadetree. All the best.

Old Redneck 03-24-2020 09:48 AM

Miss seeing you and hope you get well. God Bless you both.

TJ 03-24-2020 09:57 AM

Shadetree, get well soon, we miss your great advice.

tubman 03-24-2020 10:37 AM

I don't know you, but I remember and always appreciated your input. It may not be a bad time to be under the weather. There is absolutely nothin' to do in the foreseeable future anyway.

Get well.

RalphM 03-24-2020 10:47 AM

Hope to see you back on the Barn, Get well soon!

Bob/Ohio 03-24-2020 11:09 AM

I remember Shadetree from the "Old Fordbarn", and always enjoyed his posts. Hope you are able to get well soon!

Bob

Mart 03-24-2020 11:18 AM

Best wishes Shade.
Hope you get all the help you need.

Mart.

JWL 03-24-2020 12:47 PM

Good show Marcus for taking this initiative. Most of us can rejoice in the fact that our uncomfortable aches and pains have not, yet, prevented our participation here.

Here is hoping Shadetree can realize some benefit.

JWL

Craig CT 03-24-2020 07:16 PM

Hi Marcus; Thanks for stepping up. I remember Shadetree from quite some time back. Linda God bless you and Shadetree and please keep in mind how important attitude is in difficult times, Craig.

fordv8j 03-24-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig CT (Post 1865819)
Hi Marcus; Thanks for stepping up. I remember Shadetree from quite some time back. Linda God bless you and Shadetree and please keep in mind how important attitude is in difficult times, Craig.

Hello Bud and Linda, this is Richard and Velma Parsons over in Gilmer County, we were at your house, looking at the top on your 35 convertible, we had J and J to do our 38 conv top, been missing you on the barn, hope you get better soon; we lost our good friend Mike Burch, miss him, he got me to join the v-8 club