The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MARC News / Model A News needed for Museum (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100493)

Dan/Kzo 03-15-2013 05:40 PM

MARC News / Model A News needed for Museum

The Heritage Center Library on the groungs of the Gilmore Car Museum Complex, next to our new Model A Museum, has a nearly complete set of MARC News and Model A News. There are a few missing volumes. I was hoping if we reached out to the Model A community that some of you would have some of these, and would be willing to donate them. A duplicate set is also being gathered to be stored in the Model A Museum. All issues prior to 1971 are needed to complete the duplicate set. The following are needed to complete the entire collection that is in the Heritage Library: 1957 Jan thru July, Nov 57, May 62, Jan/Feb 64, Sept/Oct 64, Nov/Dev 64, May/June 65, July/Aug 65, Sept/Oct 65, missing all 66, missing all 67, Jan/Feb 68, March/April 68, July/Aug 68, Nov/Dec/68, Sept/Oct69, Nov/Dec 69, Jan/Feb70, March/April 70, May/June 70. Any help with this request, even if it is only a single copy, will be greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at [email protected] . Dan Cargo 649 North 1st Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009

frank55a 03-16-2013 06:56 PM

Re: MARC News / Model A News needed for Museum

Dan,

Thanks for your posting. Currently I am completing a project for MARC to preserve the early newletters. I have scanned, cleaned, and enhanced all MARC newsletters and supplement bulletins from May 1953 when they started until when the publications name was changed to Model "A" News (spring of 1965). At the MARC meet next month we will be discussing the possibility of making a CD of these issues available. If there is anyone interested in possibly purchasing a copy of this CD we need a head count to determine if we wish to proceed with the project. Please respond here or go to the MARC web site and respond via e-mail to the MARC office.

Tom Cogswell 03-16-2013 09:03 PM

Pat Williams of The AuSable Valley Region of MARC donated her husband's collection of Model A News to the Museum and I thought it was a complete set. I will check and see if I have a duplicate of any of the needed issues.

Tom

Mike V. Florida 03-17-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank55a (Post 612286)
Dan,

Thanks for your posting. Currently I am completing a project for MARC to preserve the early newletters. I have scanned, cleaned, and enhanced all MARC newsletters and supplement bulletins from May 1953 when they started until when the publications name was changed to Model "A" News (spring of 1965). At the MARC meet next month we will be discussing the possibility of making a CD of these issues available. If there is anyone interested in possibly purchasing a copy of this CD we need a head count to determine if we wish to proceed with the project. Please respond here or go to the MARC web site and respond via e-mail to the MARC office.

Count me in!

Bick in New Zealand 03-17-2013 03:21 AM

I certainly would.

ctlikon0712 03-17-2013 03:43 AM

I would purchase a complete set of the MARC News Letters. Count me in too.

Mafman 03-17-2013 05:13 AM

Count me in for the CD as well.

Steve Plucker 03-17-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank55a (Post 612286)
Dan,

I sure would and on another note how about doing all of the Ford Dealer and Service Field magizines for 1928-1931? MARC or MAFCA!!!!

Pluck

frank55a 03-17-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Plucker (Post 612485)
I sure would and on another note how about doing all of the Ford Dealer and Service Field magizines for 1928-1931? MARC or MAFCA!!!!

Pluck

Steve, I will do not question that there is a wealth of information in those publications, that goes without saying.

I can not speak for either club however there are several questions: 1) Where is the initial funding for such a project going to come from? 2) Who is going to volunteer to do this within either club? 3) Who is willing to provide a complete set of the Ford Dealer and Service Magizines for such a project? 4) By the time you scan and enhance (depending on stains, discoloration, etc.) each page you can estimate 1/2 per page, who has the time for it? 5) After all this there is a question of Ford Copyrights; 5) Then consider the matter of who would be willing to purchase them at what cost? FYI - it took MARC 10 years to sell the full size quality printed copy of the Service Bulletins, and they still have many copies of of the Service Letters in stock.

If time, $$$, and copyright was not a question they would probably have already been done.

Steve Plucker 03-17-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank55a (Post 612587)
Steve, I will do not question that there is a wealth of information in those publications, that goes without saying.

I can not speak for either club however there are several questions: 1) Where is the initial funding for such a project going to come from? 2) Who is going to volunteer to do this within either club? 3) Who is willing to provide a complete set of the Ford Dealer and Service Magizines for such a project? 4) By the time you scan and enhance (depending on stains, discoloration, etc.) each page you can estimate 1/2 per page, who has the time for it? 5) After all this there is a question of Ford Copyrights; 5) Then consider the matter of who would be willing to purchase them at what cost? FYI - it took MARC 10 years to sell the full size quality printed copy of the Service Bulletins, and they still have many copies of of the Service Letters in stock.

If time, $$$, and copyright was not a question they would probably have already been done.

Great answer Frank!...So very true!

Pluck

mack4759 03-17-2013 12:05 PM

Frank,

Add me to the list too. I'd like to buy the CD when it comes out.

Robert

FL&WVMIKE 03-17-2013 12:56 PM

There are 19 issues, advertised in the "For Sale" Section. They are 1958-59.
MIKE :)