The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thanks to yall (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292353)

rbone 01-01-2021 01:17 PM

Thanks to yall

Happy New Year to Yall! I wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to those of you whom I have never met who have helped me with everything from coils to carburetors to brakes. As I try to pass along what I know to my son so that he can take care of our '34, all of this information is invaluable. I am truly grateful.

Thanks again!
Ron

Bored&Stroked 01-01-2021 01:50 PM

Re: Thanks to yall

Thanks Ron for the note and Happy New Year to you and I wish you the best with your projects. Here is to being safe, being well and to having some FUN in 21!

lefty rodan 01-01-2021 05:15 PM

Happy New Year Rbone:

What's a yall? Is that like pitch and yall? Lefty

V8COOPMAN 01-01-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty rodan (Post 1969233)
Happy New Year Rbone:

The rest of y'all can probably tell that me and "rbone" are from Texas by the info found under our screen names, unlike "Lefty" whom I'd bet ain't from the "SOUTH", and seemingly doesn't want anyone to know where he hides-out. Nevertheless, "Y'all" is a contraction used quite frequently in the SOUTH which is a combination of "you" and "all"...........y'all! So, Happy New Year to you too, Lefty Rodan, wherever it is that you and yours' (y'alls) hang-out! DD

PS.....Did you mean "pitch and YAW", as in what airplanes do?

scicala 01-01-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN (Post 1969297)
The rest of y'all can probably tell that me and "rbone" are from Texas by the info found under our screen names, unlike "Lefty" whom I'd bet ain't from the "SOUTH", and seemingly doesn't want anyone to know where he hides-out. Nevertheless, "Y'all" is a contraction used quite frequently in the SOUTH which is a combination of "you" and "all"...........y'all! So, Happy New Year to you too, Lefty Rodan, wherever it is that you and yours' (y'alls) hang-out! DD

PS.....Did you mean "pitch and YAW", as in what airplanes do?

I barely noticed you. You changed airplanes. LOL

Sal

tubman 01-01-2021 09:05 PM

Board humor is best left to those with over 1000 posts.

JM 35 Sedan 01-01-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty rodan (Post 1969233)
Happy New Year Rbone:

Hello lefty, Happy New Year! Good to see you posting here. It's been quite awhile since visiting you and picking up that 4" Mercury crankshaft. It's actually still on the shelf waiting to be used, since I wound up going with a 4-1/8" crankshaft instead.

V8COOPMAN 01-02-2021 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scicala (Post 1969298)
I barely noticed you. You changed airplanes. LOL

Sal

Heck, whether it's airplanes, diapers, or even my mood....I'm always changin' somethin' just to see if folks are payin' attention. You Sir, done good! DD

rbone 01-02-2021 12:33 PM

Yall are too funny! I have been very blessed in my career in 'corporate America' to be able to travel all over the world. Language is something I love to learn about. Let's keep those local accents alive and well!

A few Texas versions of car words - wiring harness is pronounced 'waring horness', every motor is named 'Betsy', and a tire is 'tar'.