The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   70 degrees today in northern California (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161653)

glenn in camino 02-16-2015 08:31 PM

70 degrees today in northern California

Took my 31 sport coupe on some errands today in Placerville. Beautiful day, beautiful car, ran great. We need some of that snow out here.

holdover 02-16-2015 09:10 PM

Re: 70 degrees today in northern California

don't want to hear it! 11 outside and heavy global warming falling in my section of VA, about 7" on the ground with more to come..

Tinbasher 02-16-2015 09:38 PM

Snow. What's wrong with this statement. -20deg. F today. And about 14" of snow on the ground. I remember as a teenager a friend had moved from Tennessee and phoned me at 2am to tell me it was snowing!! and his family was having there first snowball fight!!!I'd take 70 degs. right now easily. Come on Global warming.

John Poole The Old Tinbasher 2 more months until Touring.

Turkey Broth Trading 02-16-2015 09:43 PM

I may be the odd man out, but wouldn't it be boring to live without a change of seasons, or not to have some bad weather to anticipate the arrival of spring?

Doug Linden 02-16-2015 10:13 PM

That sure sounds nice. It's 11 degrees right now and we have had over 6' of snow recently, with more snow on Tuesday.

al's28/33 02-16-2015 10:35 PM

I wish we had some rain, hell even if the weather was in the 50s instead of 70s, we are suffering from another record warm rainless winter....and the rest of the country is getting covered by record snowfall.....there will be water rationing and increased water taxes on us, this is nothing to crack jokes about.

tbirdtbird 02-16-2015 11:18 PM

so Turkey Trading where do you live to make such a statement? No info in your profile.
I used to hear this all the time when I lived up north. Such rubbish. More an excuse for not being pro-active and moving away. I assure you that if you are an outdoor doer-type person then sunny and warm 365 will not offend you. You can get so much more accomplished and there is no arthritis here in Texas. Not too many rheumatologists here; they are all up north

callcoy 02-16-2015 11:48 PM

Glenn;
We are now in Tenn. outside of Nashville, snowed today and it has been in the teens, Supposed to have a place the 25th, weather clears then I can start on a shop all of our stuff is still down the hill from you in Sac. Say hello to Sharon, will we see you two at Lobsters and Lighthouses, Jeanne and Richard will be there.

Tom Wesenberg 02-16-2015 11:57 PM

I agree with Tbird.......6 to 7 months of road salt and snow really sucks. and you can't get anything done outside. Catching the flu once or twice each winter makes it even worse. I lived in El Paso for 2 1/2 years and never had a cold. Also never had a mosquito bite while living there.:D

Mike V. Florida 02-17-2015 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkey Broth Trading (Post 1035122)
I may be the odd man out, but wouldn't it be boring to live without a change of seasons, or not to have some bad weather to anticipate the arrival of spring?

You are so right!!! Stay where you are and live the life of change. Going to be 84 today in South Florida, real boring!

pooch 02-17-2015 02:27 AM

We can't all live in paradise, but yesterday I came close.

I was driving my winnebago down the NSW south coast on the way to Ballarat swap meet this weekend , and driving thru Narooma , it was a beautiful sunny day and the water was sparkling, so I stopped and went for a swim.

I had a model A running chassis on the trailer which was sold and I was delivering, but the water was so nice.....

Charlville 02-17-2015 03:00 AM

About 1 deg C (33F) here in the UK, at least the sun is out now :(

LSJUNIPER 02-17-2015 05:56 AM

8 deg this morn in CT... Yesterday was -10 deg.... Can't wait for spring!!!!

Turkey Broth Trading 02-17-2015 06:28 AM

Tbird;

Thanks for noticing that my location was not posted, I corrected this just now.

I will agree that you are warm and sunny quite a bit. That has its ups and downs also. Rarely, if ever do you see our area of the country suffering from dire droughts like you folks have been suffering for a number of years. Your cattle ranches have sold off large portions of the herds. Thankfully people from up north come and deer hunt mow on these facilities so the families can survive. We are blessed with a near average annual rainfall of 50" and set near the shores of the largest bodies of freshwater in all the world.

That, and no rattlesnakes. Sadly, there is no perfect place to live. If it were so, everyone would live there.

Mitch//pa 02-17-2015 07:43 AM

31 days till spring:)

SeaSlugs 02-17-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg (Post 1035178)
I agree with Tbird.......6 to 7 months of road salt and snow really sucks. and you can't get anything done outside. Catching the flu once or twice each winter makes it even worse. I lived in El Paso for 2 1/2 years and never had a cold. Also never had a mosquito bite while living there.:D

yea i love winter but could do without salt easily...and yea late summer is awful for mosquitos here too. also seem to be a rise of the tick population...

gz 02-17-2015 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Glenn- I was planning on a ride today....but I don't think that isn't going to happen.
Want snow? You can have all of it!!!!!!

woodiewagon46 02-17-2015 12:38 PM

Glenn, just got in from shoveling (again), only a 3" dusting last night on top of the 2' plus on the ground. Just took off layers of thermal underware and snow pants and parkers. I am lucky though because the guy's in Mass. have 6' and it's not over yet. They won't see their cars until June. We now have a heat wave, the temps are now out of the single digits, about 15 degrees. Your car will ether be very dirty or clean since you will have to go to a car wash every couple of days. The roads are covered with a combination of salt and sand that covers your car after about a mile. The wet salt really helps the sheet metal. Make sure you have gallons of windshield washer fluid so you will be able to see. If your lucky, you won't have to replace your windshield, when a salt/sand spreader hits it with rock salt. So I have a deal for you. Let's exchange houses for the rest of the winter. It comes complete with snow blower, shovels and ice melt. Give me a call!

TonyM 02-17-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al's28/33 (Post 1035148)
I wish we had some rain, hell even if the weather was in the 50s instead of 70s, we are suffering from another record warm rainless winter....and the rest of the country is getting covered by record snowfall.....there will be water rationing and increased water taxes on us, this is nothing to crack jokes about.

Yes, I am in the fresh water biz and have been watching the water issues in California and Arizona with great interest. It is a serious, serious problem. When I try to inform folks, they get mad and don't want to hear it. I really feel for you mister and I share your concern.

CarlG 02-17-2015 01:07 PM

It was 44° on my way to work this morning (5:30am) We've had virtually no snow this winter. They even had to move the Ididarod 400 miles north just to find enough snow for the sleds.