The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model A Victoria (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292122)

Ed in Maine 12-27-2020 04:46 PM

Model A Victoria

Can anyone comment (give a book report) on the new book published for the Victoria body style? Is it a worth while read for the Victoria owner? Ed

Vern 12-27-2020 05:23 PM

Re: Model A Victoria

Ed, while I haven’t actually seen the book yet, I know that it’s full of Victoria related articles from The Bustle and many photos of both original unrestored Victorias and top prize winning restored Victorias, interior & exterior details.
The book was on my Christmas list, but I apparently wasn’t a good boy this year!

Brian SATX 12-27-2020 10:28 PM

Vern- is it any better than the 2 books the Victoria Associaiton sells/sold?

1931 flamingo 12-28-2020 10:16 AM

I don't know about the Vicky book but the TuDor book went into great detail, pictures and all.
Paul in CT

vangogh 12-28-2020 12:15 PM

I have a Vicky and the book is outstanding for pertinent information. Get it!

paboot 12-28-2020 11:08 PM

Ed, i also have the book now. Got it about a month ago. Like vangogh said it’s outstanding. Being in Canada it costs more, plus shipping, but I think well worth it.
Regards, Happy New year. PaulB

Bob Bidonde 12-29-2020 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am one of a few contributors to the new "The Victoria Book," and in my biased opinion, it is the best compilation ever of info about the 190A's. The book has no equal, and it corrects several inaccuracies in prior materials published about the 190A.

paboot 12-30-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde (Post 1967882)
I am one of a few contributors to the new "The Victoria Book," and in my biased opinion, it is the best compilation ever of info about the 190A's. The book has no equal, and it corrects several inaccuracies in prior materials published about the 190A.

Thank you Bob, for your contributions to that book. I have a lot of the articles you put out in a special folder to go with the Victoria Book as well as photos you use on the site. You have a vast knowage of this car and has helped me with a few problems.
And you are right. "The book has no equal":)

Regards PaulB

ronn 12-30-2020 02:02 PM

and how does one obtain a copy?

thank you

shew01 12-30-2020 04:58 PM

https://www.mafca.com/cart/index.php?productID=264

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Bidonde 12-31-2020 10:08 AM

For 400A & 180A owners, the new Victoria book has some good info regarding the commonality of parts with the 190A.

norcalal 12-31-2020 12:28 PM

If anyone is looking for a great late 1931 Victoria to restore, please see my ad on MAFCA website. Hate to see it rodded . Thank you

ronn 01-01-2021 08:30 AM

thank you Shew. I went to order the book and was completely turned off by the shipping cost.

14.50 really?

to the contrary, Just ordered Harold Shannons Repairing your brass car and media mail was 2.00.

shouldnt be griping- but I am.......lol

Oldbluoval 01-01-2021 09:57 PM

The USPS used to give a lesser rate if it was a magazine or book; don’t know if that’s still exists. I wouldn’t pay $14.50 either; that should mail for $6+-

ronn 01-02-2021 05:59 AM

totally agree Old...........

will just buy a copy at a meet, down the road.

shew01 01-02-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronn (Post 1969017)
thank you Shew. I went to order the book and was completely turned off by the shipping cost.

14.50 really?

to the contrary, Just ordered Harold Shannons Repairing your brass car and media mail was 2.00.

shouldnt be griping- but I am.......lol

It’s a non-profit, and it’s struggling under reduced revenue caused by COVID. I suppose you could think of the 50% shipping “up” charge as a donation to the organization.

Agreed, the shipping is steep, so much so that it will likely hinder book sales, even it if turns out to be a great book. I would think that the USPS “book rate” would be substantially less than that.

I own a Victoria; so, I’m interested in the book’s content, but I haven’t purchased it yet. I’ve clicked on it a number of times though. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronn 01-02-2021 09:34 AM

well it was going to be my Christmas present to myself, but I guess I am now the Grinch.......................

dont know about others, but I have limits on everything. Nothing in life that I need that bad and guess that is a good thing.

mike kozubek 01-08-2021 02:11 PM

I purchased my 31 vicky 4 months ago and have really jumped into the model A mystique,buying books and researching the Vicky from most available sources. The price of the victoria book was steep, the shipping was steep, I learned long ago that an education costs money........this book was the best source of info on the Victoria that I found. Not cheap, but a must have for a vicky owner.......Regards, Mike Kozubek

Jordan 01-08-2021 05:06 PM

man... hope you don't spend that extra $9 all in one place the next time you swipe your card! It supports a hobby you enjoy. I guess we all view things differently.

ronn 01-10-2021 07:53 AM

right you are. I choose to spend my money how I choose.

why I have some.........