The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Timely Parts delivery (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279792)

burner31 04-21-2020 07:46 PM

Timely Parts delivery

Anyone else having an issue with getting parts quickly?
Used to order my parts and three maybe four days later they would show up, Now it seems to take at least a week.
One vendor did send me a large order in three days back in early March. but all the rest of my orders are taking up to nine days to show up.
I know it's not the suppliers or workers, it's because the suppliers/workers are prevented from working.
Looking forward to getting America back to work.

Not really complaining, just an observation

Bleedblue4life 04-21-2020 07:58 PM

Re: Timely Parts delivery

I've been waiting on a windshield glass for almost 3 weeks. Other than that I've been getting things like normal.

The Master Cylinder 04-21-2020 08:08 PM

Nope.

Gary WA 04-21-2020 08:18 PM

Longer than expected! But they'll show up!Washing Hands Takes time!

shew01 04-21-2020 08:19 PM

Timely Parts delivery

I’ve ordered several things online over the last several weeks, and I’ve had timely deliveries. I don’t know if other locations are experiencing delays or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McMimmcs 04-21-2020 08:28 PM

With everything the way it is be thankful you are even receiving the parts. I would think considering circumstances nine days is an excellent turn around time. During a National crisis Model A or any hobby parts are hardly a priority!

CC-Mo 04-21-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burner31 (Post 1877585)
Anyone else having an issue with getting parts quickly?
Used to order my parts and three maybe four days later they would show up, Now it seems to take at least a week.
One vendor did send me a large order in three days back in early March. but all the rest of my orders are taking up to nine days to show up.
I know it's not the suppliers or workers, it's because the suppliers/workers are prevented from working.
Looking forward to getting America back to work.

Not really complaining, just an observation

Which vendors do you speak of, or just all in general?

Jack Shaft 04-21-2020 08:48 PM

On the job I paid 938 bucks for next day air,ATL to SAC on a brake caliper that weighed about 80 pounds..the gouge is real

Bill G 04-21-2020 09:50 PM

If anything, I thought stuff was coming faster than before.

Synchro909 04-21-2020 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMimmcs (Post 1877601)
With everything the way it is be thankful you are even receiving the parts. I would think considering circumstances nine days is an excellent turn around time. During a National crisis Model A or any hobby parts are hardly a priority!

I couldn't agree more. In this virus should have shown us anything, it is how important nurses, paramedics, firefighters and police are and how unimportant famous actors, singers and sports people are.

PC/SR 04-21-2020 11:10 PM

Some parts from Snyders usually 2-3 days, over a week. Package to a friend in LA, usuaally overnight, to 2, over a week. The times I guess.

The Master Cylinder 04-21-2020 11:34 PM

With most vendors not having their stores open for walk-ins and trying to remain safe, they may be at minimum crew also. Please everyone, be patient and we will get thru this.

McMimmcs 04-22-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro909 (Post 1877623)
I couldn't agree more. In this virus should have shown us anything, it is how important nurses, paramedics, firefighters and police are and how unimportant famous actors, singers and sports people are.

Amen my friend, amen ! These essential workers are our blessings in disguise. Also much better to be short a hubcap than a quart of milk!

Synchro909 04-22-2020 02:52 AM

I buy local and a crown wheel and pinion I ordered last week was here the next day. Parts from the US took 10-12 days. That's to be expected but anything heavy, I got sent by surface freight. That took 5 months - probably about the same time as when they used sailing ships. :(

77Birdman 04-22-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Shaft (Post 1877605)
On the job I paid 938 bucks for next day air,ATL to SAC on a brake caliper that weighed about 80 pounds..the gouge is real

Is that $938.00? for a brake caliper? I would hate to have to foot that bill.

77Birdman 04-22-2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro909 (Post 1877658)
I buy local and a crown wheel and pinion I ordered last week was here the next day. Parts from the US took 10-12 days. That's to be expected but anything heavy, I got sent by surface freight. That took 5 months - probably about the same time as when they used sailing ships. :(

I shipped some car parts to Aus in dec. I use a shipping depot and can choose the desired method. The receiver was not in a hurry so I used the cheapest which was US postal. It was a small box. I was told 4 - 6 weeks. He got it in a weeks time. I was surprised as I have always thought that stuff going there took forever. I know another fellow in S. Africa and he said the post there is awful. He considers himself lucky if he even gets the stuff.

Jack Shaft 04-22-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Birdman (Post 1877687)
Is that $938.00? for a brake caliper? I would hate to have to foot that bill.

Freight gouging is real,vendors inflate shipping costs to pad their bottom line.End users pay and transfer the cost to you,the consumer.Cheap as airfare is I could have flown round trip and bought a ticket for the caliper and done better.

wkvasnicka 04-22-2020 08:16 AM

Working with a reduced staff, I am still receiving parts quickly from Snyder's.

denis4x4 04-22-2020 08:20 AM

I've had excellent service from Moon and Speedway. More and more companies are using the UPS/USPS combination for small items at very reasonable prices. Having been in the mail order business, I cringe every time I read a post accusing shops of padding the price of freight and handling. Not enough info on the brake caliper to really determine if the price was out of line.

leo 04-22-2020 08:25 AM

Yes, well kind of, my HMN has been coming in later and later each month and the May issue never came at all. Hemmings replaced it but I wonder if this will continue.....