The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Finished my interior today, what ya think? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5181)

DeBordEngineMan 06-15-2010 10:57 PM

Finished my interior today, what ya think?

5 Attachment(s)
Hello all the 29 Tudor is getting close to being done. I guess? Finished my interior today this is a kit from Lee Chatterton it was a pretty good kit I guess I have never done anything like this before no upholstery work before so no LAUGHING!!! I know that it is not perfect but that is ok because my car is just a driver and it looks better now than when I got it so all I like is to paint the wheels and put on my new tires and I will be ready for some fun I promised the wife that the first thing we are going to do is drive out somewhere in the country for an old fashioned picnic just pull off somewhere under a big tree and enjoy life!! Because it just don't get any better than driving around in a FORD Model A!!!!! Thanks for looking and not laughing to much at the interior job! Robert DeBord See the pictures below of interior and the way I bought it and the way it looks now in my avatar picture.

zzlegend 06-15-2010 11:06 PM

Re: Finished my interior today, what ya think?

1 Attachment(s)
Looks pretty darn good Robert. Kinda puts my mexican blanket to shame. Fine job. Mark.

MBI Houston 06-15-2010 11:18 PM

Enjoy your beautiful car and your picnic. It looks really good.

Bud BC 06-15-2010 11:29 PM

Looks good! I'm just starting mine...just wondering, what did you find to be the hardest part of installing the interior kit?

Art Bjornestad 06-16-2010 12:02 AM

Boy....too bad you live so far away..you did a great job!!

DeBordEngineMan 06-16-2010 05:44 AM

Hey Bud BC I think that the two upper rear corners were the hardest to do the kit does not have these finished just two pcs. of the cardboard panels and two pieces of fabric you have to cut and glue to fit, but my car I made all of my own wood bows and interior pieces so mine did not fit as well as if I had bought all the wood in kit form but I like to try and do all the work myself and try to save all the money I can for other things for the car. so I guess it worked out pretty good the rest was pretty easy just have to take your time. Thanks everybody for the nice words thanks Robert DeBord.

Kevin - Illinois 06-16-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Bjornestad (Post 28928)
Boy....too bad you live so far away..you did a great job!!

My thought's exactly Art. Robert you did a real fine job. My problem is I know I would get some sort of grease of something on it that couldn't be removed...

Domino 06-16-2010 07:14 AM

I think that you did a fantastic job. Hope I can do as well on my coupe. Enjoy!

MAG 06-16-2010 08:11 AM

Lokks very nice! Good job!!!!!!

Farrell In Vancouver 06-16-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeBordEngineMan (Post 28902)
Hello all the 29 Tudor is getting close to being done. I guess? Finished my interior today this is a kit from Lee Chatterton it was a pretty good kit I guess I have never done anything like this before no upholstery work before so no LAUGHING!!! I know that it is not perfect but that is ok because my car is just a driver and it looks better now than when I got it so all I like is to paint the wheels and put on my new tires and I will be ready for some fun I promised the wife that the first thing we are going to do is drive out somewhere in the country for an old fashioned picnic just pull off somewhere under a big tree and enjoy life!! Because it just don't get any better than driving around in a FORD Model A!!!!! Thanks for looking and not laughing to much at the interior job! Robert DeBord See the pictures below of interior and the way I bought it and the way it looks now in my avatar picture.

Great Job! I just went through this on my coupe and I know how much "fun" it is........One suggestion, Take a dental pick and lift the fabric around the nail heads to cover those shiny heads. After I did that, every one thought the panels were glued in. Have fun on the picnic!
Cheers!

Bruce 06-16-2010 08:23 AM

Problem is, now you can't have coffee in a travel cup when riding in the Tudor.

Ray A from PA 06-16-2010 08:36 AM

Looks GREAAAAAT, have a good time with it you deserve it.

cradlescyth 06-16-2010 08:41 AM

HI
GREAT job Enjoy!!!

Afordman31 06-16-2010 08:42 AM

You did what most people would be afraid to do, you done it yourself. Thanks for the pictures and advice. Look's really good.

Freddie (Memphis) 06-16-2010 08:52 AM

Hell Robert, who's laughing...? You should be now that most of it's behind you! I'd ride with ya...in a heartbeat! Nice job...now go enjoy the picnic...sounds like fun! :D

Mitch//pa 06-16-2010 09:10 AM

rob great job looks good, stand proud

Dan Baron 06-16-2010 09:20 AM

Reminds me of the first time I did an interior for my first 29 tudor. I made all the panels myself. Made all the seat covers as well, even the head liner. I used old army blankets. Sold the car 15 years ago, and the interior is still in it. I was so proud back then of that job. You should be too. Feels great to do things yourself. Good luck with it, and enjoy every mile you drive......

Tacoma Bob 06-16-2010 09:56 AM

After forty years I have long forgotten how many cars I have upholstered. You did a fine job for a first time effort. Headliners always scared the bejesuz out of me but magically they all finished out very nicely just as your did. Now grab the better half the pic-nic basket complete with blanket and have a glorious day.;)

DeBordEngineMan 06-16-2010 05:12 PM

Hey everybody thanks for all the good comments I have worked very hard on this car even if it is just a driver someday I may build a judging car but for now me and the wife are going to have a lot of fun in this one for now! I said to pull over an have a picnic and enjoy "LIFE", 4 years ago I was 38 years old and was told that I had Cancer had a hard time then with all the treatments and operations but now at 42 I am Cancer free and enjoying LIFE so take Life by the horns and enjoy every minute and spend your time with the ones that you love and what you enjoy doing and never look back NO REGRETS! Thanks everybody you don't know how much it means to me to hear from all you guy's out there, thanks again Robert DeBord.

Dusty 06-16-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce (Post 29018)
Problem is, now you can't have coffee in a travel cup when riding in the Tudor.

And ice cream day with the kids:)