The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lost in space.... (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294996)

39portlander 02-25-2021 06:58 PM

Lost in space....

4 Attachment(s)
or should I say 4 wheel storage unit:D Yup it's looking like I need an early spring cleaning, curious how you other Fordbarners handle the long winter months in the garage.

Trying to fit the "New 2 Me" grill shell/trim and hood on the 39, change the bands and restore the "Hogshead" on the T can be challenging with all the stuff.

Hey the drum kit was free and couldn't say no:rolleyes:, had to keep the fat bikes warm to make room for the snowblower now in the shed:eek:

Thankfully the day's are getting longer and warmer.

flathead 39 02-25-2021 09:41 PM

Re: Lost in space....

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 39portlander (Post 1989499)
or should I say 4 wheel storage unit:D Yup it's looking like I need an early spring cleaning, curious how you other Fordbarners handle the long winter months in the garage.

Trying to fit the "New 2 Me" grill shell/trim and hood on the 39, change the bands and restore the "Hogshead" on the T can be challenging with all the stuff.

Hey the drum kit was free and couldn't say no:rolleyes:, had to keep the fat bikes warm to make room for the snowblower now in the shed:eek:

Not very well, I'm afraid, However down south here we get enough sunny dry days to warrant keeping a path to the driveway clear..

38bill 02-25-2021 09:41 PM

Love the drums! I had a film crew want to rent my '38 truck for a music video shoot. I asked them what they had planned and it turned out they wanted to set up a drum kit in the back and have the band playing as the truck drove along. My next question was "Have you ever seen a '38 pickup?".

Looking good!

41panelmark 02-26-2021 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Garage gets full and disorganized then with the next warm day I clean things up and start on the next project, always plenty to do as long as it is not too cold. On warm days I can pull something out to create room to work.

Funny, the idea was with "down-sizing" to this new house and building a smaller garage so that I would not collect more stuff than I had with more property and much larger garage. As you can see that idea did not work so well.....:D:D

corvette8n 02-26-2021 06:24 PM

Thats a huge hit&miss what the horsepower on that?

bbrocksr 02-26-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41panelmark (Post 1989667)
Garage gets full and disorganized then with the next warm day I clean things up and start on the next project, always plenty to do as long as it is not too cold. On warm days I can pull something out to create room to work.

Funny, the idea was with "down-sizing" to this new house and building a smaller garage so that I would not collect more stuff than I had with more property and much larger garage. As you can see that idea did not work so well.....:D:D

I've got about a half dozen Wittes from 2 hp to 6 hp and 1 diesel, about 66 flywheel engines total. Another bad habit.

Bill

41panelmark 02-26-2021 07:20 PM

Guys that is a 25 hp, weighs about 4500 on the cart. Restored and runs like a charm. I have it tuned so that I can start it by hand myself. Fun toy. Bad habit or as some say, multiple diseases.

Bill PM me, lets share stories.

39portlander 02-26-2021 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mark that is a "whopper" the hit/miss engines are another nice "affliction":D

What year is your T, mine is a 26 Fordor.

I am looking for a 2hp Fairbanks to run my "little" Meyers water pump. Something else that is currently taking up garage floor space.

41panelmark 02-26-2021 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Meyers. I had one like it hooked to a 1.5 hp. John Deere, I rebuilt the pump and boy that thing could pump water.

My T is an 18.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39portlander (Post 1989828)
Mark that is a "whopper" the hit/miss engines are another nice "affliction":D

What year is your T, mine is a 26 Fordor.

I am looking for a 2hp Faibanks to run my "little" Meyers water pump. Something else that is currently taking up garage floor space.

GB SISSON 02-28-2021 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 39portlander (Post 1989499)

I just keep building more sheds. I was doing a brake job in one of these unheated sheds this morning 34 degrees. That's a bad temperature, much colder and you stay indoors and watch old movies. Came in twice to warm my hands in a bowl of hot water in the kitchen sink. Hey, you asked how we handle this.

flatford8 02-28-2021 08:33 AM

If I find a Hit&Miss engine I’m buying it. Always wanted one of those. Very relaxing just listening to them popping off as they idle.......Mark

41panelmark 02-28-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatford8 (Post 1990340)
If I find a Hit&Miss engine I’m buying it. Always wanted one of those. Very relaxing just listening to them popping off as they idle.......Mark

2 good ones here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/hit-and-mis...kAAOSwATZgKBMV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WITTE-GAS-E...QAAOSwGzpfxD0z

Have fun....

Brendan 02-28-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrocksr (Post 1989816)
I've got about a half dozen Wittes from 2 hp to 6 hp and 1 diesel, about 66 flywheel engines total. Another bad habit.

Bill

i have about 6 berried in my shop

Brendan 02-28-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatford8 (Post 1990340)

they can be a pain in the butt, and get your blood pressure up, when they don't start! i have found , if you cuss at it then sometimes they will start

41panelmark 03-01-2021 11:14 AM

Brendan, when it is cold I can really work up a sweat trying to get the old girl fired up.

Here is link to a recent video of me trying to start it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnlbT3jU2nw

I have other videos on the channel as well.

Brendan 03-02-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41panelmark (Post 1990911)
Brendan, when it is cold I can really work up a sweat trying to get the old girl fired up.

Here is link to a recent video of me trying to start it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnlbT3jU2nw

I have other videos on the channel as well.

Mark, that was Kool thanks for posting!

Brendan 03-02-2021 06:34 PM

Mark, was there some cussing? Start you son of a bugger!

miniceptor86 03-03-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrocksr (Post 1989816)

Bill

Love to listen to the rhythm of those old engines! That and JD two cylinder under load.

miniceptor86 03-03-2021 06:39 PM

Grandpa Frank had a litany of swear words when the B was bucky about starting.

41panelmark 03-05-2021 08:51 AM

No cussing but some heavy breathing and a load of patience. Keeping it "tuned" helps but remembering all of the steps is even better....wait what did I do there??