The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (
-   Model A (1928-31) (
-   -   Window regulator question (

wrndln 07-17-2016 04:09 PM

Window regulator question

1 Attachment(s)
I have several 3 mounting screw window regulators I have acquired over the past years and never knew what they were used on, shown in the picture below. Most of the window regulators I have, have a solid arc part with 3 quarter size holes in them. This style regulator only has a thin arc strip with the teeth on it. Maybe it is a later regulator used for 30/31 cars, but I don't know, as I am a 28/29 person. I assume they are interchangeable on most Ford produced passenger closed cars (I know Briggs and Murray regulators are different). If anyone knows what this style is used on, please post a response.
Rusty Nelson

dennis lumbert 07-17-2016 04:30 PM

Re: Window regulator question

One of the regulators used on my 30 Tudor looks exactly like your picture. Dennis

jw hash 07-17-2016 10:48 PM

Re: Window regulator question

yes them window regulators are use in Model A`s mostly 28-29 tudor - coupe. I always thought they were a carry over from the Model T, as you will notice to they have more teeth so it is a lower gear ratio. they have them with the pin type or split shaft for the handle. and they are a real pain to rebuild.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.