The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What flathead would you most likely encounter in space? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291631)

Adam/Mill Valley CA 12-17-2020 09:10 PM

Re: What flathead would you most likely encounter in space?

Jimvette59 is that Norm Grabowski, the hot rodder with the flattop crew cut? Maybe I'm reaching here

Adam

GB SISSON 12-17-2020 10:45 PM

I just read all about Norm! The article said he had more sides to him than a disco ball. Google him. Ya learn something every day!

Graeme / New Zealand 12-18-2020 01:24 AM

Recon them was "clingons" in that there truck bed.

GB

CA Victoria 12-18-2020 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hummmm.
Great question to ponder. This photo may help shed some light on it, I think it may have come from the Benson museum...........

petehoovie 12-18-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Victoria (Post 1964114)
Hummmm.
Great question to ponder. This photo may help shed some light on it, I think it may have come from the Benson museum...........

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...7&d=1608293190

Karl 12-18-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinker (Post 1963116)
I'm not sure if flatheads in space is any more possible then pigs in space. But it makes for a good show and is fun!!! Maybe we can take care of what we have till then.

Well actually - Since the universe is infinite the chance of identical flatheads to ours ( not to mention an identical world including us) somewhere in a galaxy far far away is statistically 100% -Makes your head spin doesn't it ?

Jay in Mass 12-18-2020 02:55 PM

It sure was nice to see that the battery still had enough juice in it to start the engine.

Karl 12-18-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 1964245)
Well actually - Since the universe is infinite the chance of identical flatheads to ours ( not to mention an identical world including us) somewhere in a galaxy far far away is statistically 100% -Makes your head spin doesn't it ?

And if you can't get you head around that -there is a theory that we have not one infinite universe but multi universes (actually an infinite number of them ). The theory states universes are constantly splitting and running parallel to each other -There is a universe were Hitler won , one were JFK was not killed , where your flathead started today or didn't start all running along side our one. It may be possible to connect to these alternative universes via Quantum Foam !

Despite the fact that even physicists struggle with the thought of so many universes there is however good evidence that at least our universe is not the only one and no one has disproved the multi universe theory .

Anyway I'm just off to the shed to try and get to the universe where my flathead runs perfect all the time !

51504bat 12-18-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay in Mass (Post 1964248)
It sure was nice to see that the battery still had enough juice in it to start the engine.

Must have been converted to 12 volts.:cool:

GB SISSON 12-18-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51504bat (Post 1964284)
Must have been converted to 12 volts.:cool:

I'm thinking 6 volt optima... It has that good six volt crank sound. And this universe stuff is making my brain hurt! Haven't worked it that hard for a while.