Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
Charlie ny
BANNED

Default Here's to BUBBA aka Jim Lindner

Just a tip of my hat to Mr. Lindner for answering in plain terms my
elekterkal questions. Jim recently took a 'thorn out of my paw' and
I appreciate it !
Charlie ny
Charlie ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Seth Swoboda

Default Re: Here's to BUBBA aka Jim Lindner

Jim's a good guy, very helpful. It's nice to see a good guy compliment another. Well done Charlie.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Old Henry

Amen about Bubba. He's sure helped me.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #4
Heard

I'm still a newbie 'round here but I've read many posts by Bubba. When I finally get on that '35 truck I'm pretty sure I'll be needing his services. Seems like he is always willing to help even if there is nothing in it for him. I like that.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #5
Bassman/NZ

His rebuild of my crab is a work of art.
Bassman/NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
cushman man

Had my first buy from him, and it was very good. Plan on doing more business in the near future. He has great parts.
cushman man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
Vic Piano

Jim has built two distributors for me (one for the '51 F-1 and one for the '39 LZ), both are outstanding. He has also supported the Cigar City Flatheads Florida "Barner's Bash". I would not hesitate to use his service in the future, and the same goes for Charlie NY, they are outstanding people to deal with.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
Carter

I know I'll end up alone here, and expect to be bashed for it, but here goes.

Jim did some great work for me. The cast iron Mallory in my roadster works perfectly. I haven't used either of the crab units he did for me, but I have no doubt they will perform flawlessly.
However, it took months and months to get things back. dozens of phone calls. He has had two of my distributors for over two years and three months. I have talked to several other people who have had the same kind of problems, but they don't say anything because everyone here has a high opinion of Jim and they don't want to start any trouble. I have done the same for over two years, but not today. I'm sure I'll get all kinds of responses about how there are two sides to the story and such, but here it is. I sent Jim a big box of distributors in October 2011. We discussed what I wanted back and what was trade fodder. Lots of two piece cap Mallory stuff. We agreed on everything, and I have still not seen the only two distributors back out of the box that I wanted after 27 months. One needed shaft work the other just a stock AutoLite that was having no work done, just being used as a reference for the other. I've called countless times and been told it will be done in a couple weeks, it's almost done, then oh, I haven't started on it yet. After about one year, I told him to send me all of my stuff back, the deal was off, and he got all apologetic and said oh, I'll get right on it. I'd guess he rebuilt my trade ins and sold them, so he couldn't send my stuff back. That's all there is to it.

So, now that I've posted this I'm certain I'll never get my distributors back, but after all this time I doubt i would have anyway.

You may ask why I would post this here, and not pm or email or call Jim. Because I've been doing all of those things for over two years with no results.

Last edited by Carter; 01-19-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #9
Catbob

I've read a lot of impressive words about both of your works of flathead art. Congrats Men ..... Charlie have you made a new run of distributors yet ? I could use one for my 49 F1 ..... Thanks Bob
Catbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
I know I'll end up alone here, and expect to be bashed for it, but here goes.

Jim did some great work for me. The cast iron Mallory in my roadster works perfectly. I haven't used either of the crab units he did for me, but I have no doubt they will perform flawlessly.
However, it took months and months to get things back. dozens of phone calls. He has had two of my distributors for over two years and three months. I have talked to several other people who have had the same kind of problems, but they don't say anything because everyone here has a high opinion of Jim and they don't want to start any trouble. I have done the same for over two years, but not today. I'm sure I'll get all kinds of responses about how there are two sides to the story and such, but here it is. I sent Jim a big box of distributors in October 2011. We discussed what I wanted back and what was trade fodder. Lots of two piece cap Mallory stuff. We agreed on everything, and I have still not seen the only two distributors back out of the box that I wanted after 27 months. One needed shaft work the other just a stock AutoLite that was having no work done, just being used as a reference for the other. I've called countless times and been told it will be done in a couple weeks, it's almost done, then oh, I haven't started on it yet. After about one year, I told him to send me all of my stuff back, the deal was off, and he got all apologetic and said oh, I'll get right on it. I'd guess he rebuilt my trade ins and sold them, so he couldn't send my stuff back. That's all there is to it.

So, now that I've posted this I'm certain I'll never get my distributors back, but after all this time I doubt i would have anyway.

You may ask why I would post this here, and not pm or email or call Jim. Because I've been doing all of those things for over two years with no results.
He is definitely not a saint in my book either although I didn't allow him to get into me.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #11
Charlie ny
BANNED

Catbob,
Please email me at [email protected]
Charlie ny
Charlie ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #12
JM 35 Sedan

Bubbas (Jim Linder) may have been overwhelmed with work on his 2 for 1 and 3 for 1 trade-in deals that he had going. He has built two crab distributors for me on those programs and each time these distributors were beautifully done in a very short turnaround time.
I would suggest a tip of the hat to Jim and Charlie, they are both doing the hobby an excellent service in my opinion

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #13
4tford

I attempted to send a bunch down for the 2 for 1 and all he wanted from me were the ones with aluminum cases. I now have a couple of pails of carbs.
4tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #14
Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Bubbas (Jim Linder) may have been overwhelmed with work on his 2 for 1 and 3 for 1 trade-in deals that he had going. He has built two crab distributors for me on those programs and each time these distributors were beautifully done in a very short turnaround time.
I would suggest a tip of the hat to Jim and Charlie, they are both doing the hobby an excellent service in my opinion
That may well be true but it has been over two years. I do agree that Jim's work is top notch, I just would like to have my last two distributors back. I traded in several distributors that I had close to $200 in buying and I paid $120 for the distributor that needs the shaft work. So at this point I am out over $300 of distributors for the last 27 months. I really hesitated to even make the post I did, but I feel I am out of options. I could make the 8 hour drive out there to try and retrieve my distributors, but my trade ins are long gone and sold i'm sure, and it would likely end up an unpleasant encounter, and that would do no good either.

Dave
Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #15
BUBBAS IGNITION

WOW ! Sorry to hear of any dis satisfaction with our work , but often times i deserve it.
Our trade in progam was a huge sucess with 260 units just on the helmet side . The way we handled this is to enter the parts in our computer system when recieved and box up to put in line on the shelf.

We did complete the small orders first and the large orders last . One box had 42 units in it. Other sent in some ford crabs and other misc distributors to perform a different service as part of the trade. Some of these take time and other machine work etc. AND they sometimes get pushed aside in the daily grind.

I am happy to say theres only three trade in repair orders on the screen this morning and of course one is Dave Carters.......This box on the shelf has 3 Mallory distributors and one Mallory missing all the insides etc.
My goal was to take all this in trade and return one new desoto unit rebuilt and ready to go. I guess i have dropped the ball on this one and will seacrch for the parts etc needed to make this happen. Not a regular rebuild by no means....

No excuses offered it just didnt happen .

Sorry to any and all we have held up in any way.....
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #16
1952henry

Jim, I don't know you, but I do have to respect you for admitting to this, taking responsibility for it, and promising to rectify it. No blaming of the customer, ignoring the complaint, etc. My hat was tipped from reading the other posts, plus earlier threads of yours. Now my hat is all the way off. We could use a president like that...

Last edited by 1952henry; 01-21-2014 at 09:13 AM.
1952henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #17
chap52

Jim,
You have indeed been a blessing to me. We all get behind at times and I know that it's not your style to leave anyone hanging.
It's not the struggles in life that matter, but how we react to them. You, Sir are indeed a gentleman.
Richard
chap52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #18
Fairlane500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBAS IGNITION View Post
WOW ! Sorry to hear of any dis satisfaction with our work , but often times i deserve it.
Our trade in progam was a huge sucess with 260 units just on the helmet side . The way we handled this is to enter the parts in our computer system when recieved and box up to put in line on the shelf.

We did complete the small orders first and the large orders last . One box had 42 units in it. Other sent in some ford crabs and other misc distributors to perform a different service as part of the trade. Some of these take time and other machine work etc. AND they sometimes get pushed aside in the daily grind.

I am happy to say theres only three trade in repair orders on the screen this morning and of course one is Dave Carters.......This box on the shelf has 3 Mallory distributors and one Mallory missing all the insides etc.
My goal was to take all this in trade and return one new desoto unit rebuilt and ready to go. I guess i have dropped the ball on this one and will seacrch for the parts etc needed to make this happen. Not a regular rebuild by no means....

No excuses offered it just didnt happen .

Sorry to any and all we have held up in any way.....
Your not alone my first distributor took 11 months, call me naïve I sent a second Mallory dual point to Jim for Petronix conversion.

Jim, I hope my 8BA YC310HP is next on the list, you have had it since 2nd of November 2011, Just two months ago you said you were on it... getting real tired of your BS.

John - New Zealand (remember me???)

Last edited by Fairlane500; 01-22-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Fairlane500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:46 AM   #19
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed

This one had sand in the vacum piston as well
Noits not ok to be running full advance and have sand in the Vac advance ,Shiny doesn't mean its rebuilt .

Bassman
My C59A is fully rebuilt, Bubba crab, rebuilt 94, NGK B6L plugs that are sooty. Tried Champion H10Ls, same thing. Being that there is no mixture adjustment, do I have to resort to changing jets? Carb has 51 mains, PV unknown. Or will hotter plugs do the trick? When the crab arrived from Bubba, it was set to maximum advance, but doesn't like that so much, so I pulled it back a couple of clicks. Does anyone else have that same situation? Just seems strange to be running maximum advance. BTW, Bubba's rebuild on the crab is stunning, I'm not criticising, just curious.

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,

Last edited by FlatheadTed; 01-22-2014 at 05:53 AM.
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #20
cushman man

Bubba my stock in you just went up. You did not bash the customer but was very humble, now that is a good business man.
cushman man is offline   Reply With Quote