Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Greg out west

Smile Knotts all Ford show

Hi Guy's,

For those of you that live in the So Cal area, Knott's Berry farm is hosting the all Ford car show this Sunday the 27...All year Ford's Mercury's / Lincoln's will be there..

See Ya there

Greg out west
Greg out west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
Gary Karr

Default Re: Knotts all Ford show

Unfortunately it is happening the same time as the Orange County Pancake Breakfast. I hope to make them both.
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
BlueSunoco

Knott's is definitely worth the trip, but you really won't find Model A's there. Go to the Pancake Breakfast for Model A's, Knot's for 60's vintage tin Mustangs, etc. Ford always has nice displays at Knott's!!!
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
Greg out west

Thumbs up Re: Knotts all Ford show

Hey Bluesunoco,

Last year there were about half dozen A's & T's each..Your right lot's of 50 & 60's, 70's stuff...Heck,,there was even a row of Pinto's,,,,I go there just for the Chicken dinner !!!

Greg out West,,
Old 04-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
BlueSunoco

Hey Greg,,,,yeah been at least 4 years since I was out in Orange County and went to the shows. You're right,, I saw a number of Pintos even the station wagons, I thought they were kind of a neat little car and got a bad rap that they probably really didn't deserve. Another victim of the Nader do-goodies that really didn't know what they were talking about.

Take care will not be in SoCal this year,,,,,,,
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
PO51

Sunday is a all Ford day for me, starting with the Orange County Model A pancake breakfast looking at what my Model A's should look like, then off to the Knotts Berry All Ford car show to see what my 1969 Mach 1 should look like. I guess I could stay home and work on my cars, but I promised my nephews we would go to the shows and a promise is not to be broken! lol
PO51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
Greg out west

Exclamation Re: Knotts all Ford show

Hey Bluesunoco,,

My old man traded in a "Nice" 66 Caddy "Deville" for a 73 Pinto wagon after the first "Gas Crisis" in 73-74... I did like the little wagon But,,It was poorly made & after see the documentary on the gas tank "Fire's" I never felt safe in that car..

Alway's looking in the rear view mirror as I came to a stop...I did more work on that car than anything he ever "owned"...Ford recalled the sedan to install the shield on the tank..I was over at the Ford dealer & asked about why Ford never had to recall the wagon.

The guy at the part's said the wagon was good for a extra 5 MPH on a rear impack..So it was good for 22 -23 Mph vs. 17 for the sedan..I asked how much was the shield ? He said $ 100 buck's...I latter went & got a shield at the wreaking Yard..

When you had 4 people in the car the little 4 cyl engine was way too small to pull all the weight..& only got about 15 MPG around town & maybe 23 on the freeway...Here's a shocker,,My old 88 Caddy get's better gas mileage !!! About 15 in town & 30 on the freeway.. & this is with a small V8

The sad part is I really did liked the car,,,One time I was talking to this old guy at the swap meet about the safety of the A gas tank,,,He said it's safer than a "Pinto"...That said it all,,,

Greg out west,