Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #61
ratamahata

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

I think you can order spare parts in China and pay to put the words "made in USA", the seller must be a responsible person, and know where it comes from such and such a replacement, or at least have some ethic
Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #62
32csr

All I can say is did you try the parts yet? Did they fail? I do 100% of my business with Thompsons Garage. They are traditional car enthusiasts through and through and I know that there was no intent to mislead the buyer. Lighten up and drive your car dude.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #63
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
I asked them about the listing here is the owners answer,

I wasn’t lying about them. I have always provided USA wheel cylinders and when I got my new ones in I have found out they have discontinued the made in USA. I have also called several other vendors for them and found out they are not making made in USA wheel cylinders anymore. I am in the process of updating my webpage now. I am not out to make extra money or deceive anyone. I am always fair in all my transactions. Sorry I have not updated in a timely manner I just found out about this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32csr View Post
All I can say is did you try the parts yet? Did they fail? I do 100% of my business with Thompsons Garage. They are traditional car enthusiasts through and through and I know that there was no intent to mislead the buyer. Lighten up and drive your car dude.

So let me get this straight, ...the supplier for Thompsons Garage sends them a wheel cylinder which up until this time were Made in the USA -and unknowlingly Thompsons sells what they still thought were USA made ones but were actually substituted on him for imported ones. After this is brought to Thompson Garage's attention by Bogie, they immediately research this only to learn this happened and that USA ones are no longer available. Now as soon as the hired webmaster can schedule to make appropriate changes to the website, the "false advertising" will be corrected.

Do we honestly believe this will be a good enough answer for those here? Of course not, --folks here demand more!! I'd venture a guess that 98% of the people who commented above have never even purchased anything from Thompsons, ...nor were they ever planning to however they do like to join in and make accusatory statements towards others without knowing all the facts. It is truly amazing to hear both sides of the story!

BTW, y'all let me know how your 'class-action suit' against the Thompsons for false advertising comes out!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #64
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
BTW, y'all let me know how your 'class-action suit' against the Thompsons for false advertising comes out!!

Couldn't of said it better, typical ford barn from those that look to gain and not assist in matters that does not effect nor will ever effect them.. Nice comment Brent..KUDOS to you!!!
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
Old 06-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #65
Louis

I really dont think a few of you understand the problem .
To make it simple for you : The man ordered some parts from Thompson's that were adv. as made in the "USA"... It was Thompson's that was responsible for the false adv. ..."No one else", And all the excuse's you can dream up won't change anything .
"It is what it is "... False adv. [at the time].
I do hope they get togeather and work it out, Maybe we all learned something from this .

BTW, You seem to be the one that brought up class-action suit,
Any reason? .

Last edited by Louis; 06-21-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #66
just plain bill

Good, I'm glad that is settled! Now lets take up my new replacement 1929 under dash fuel line that is 3/4" too short!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #67
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Now as soon as the hired webmaster can schedule to make appropriate changes to the website, the "false advertising" will be corrected..
The site has been changed now! The discription has been changed.

I believe I have got all the wheel cylinders updated on my website. I will be working on the brake kits. Thanks for sharing the info.

I'm impressed at the speed and response to correct the error!

To show them how impressed I am I bought a T shirt from them.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #68
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by just plain bill View Post
Good, I'm glad that is settled! Now lets take up my new replacement 1929 under dash fuel line that is 3/4" too short!
Bill there are a lot of originals out that would solve that and good ones
m
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #69
Double D Mods

We have parts made in China for us proprietary by a US based company as one of our suppliers.

I can tell you this
Not only is the price 40% less for me to procure but the quality is 10 times better than the stuff they used to make for me in Chicago.

If we as Americans we not so damn lazy and didnt expect 50.00 an hour to push a button at a factory and then bitch that they are working to much then maybe all parts would actually say made in USA

Got to love living in Wisconsin where we have a governor who understands what is going on

I am in agreement with Brent
These parts are more than likely drop shipped to you. They prob never touch them. We ship 50-60 parts a day to our customers we never see. Its not fun sometimes to get proper literature and pics from the manufacturer to properly display and advertise the products. We have troubles with this all the time. I have had to rewrite installation instructions for many companies for select Corvette parts as they have no clue sometimes on how to do this.

We deal with alot of customers each week with custom parts for Corvettes, Vipers Camaro ect and every once and a while there is someone who isnt happy about something on a part. We do our best to make them happy and those who are polite and understanding of any non intentional mistakes are very easy to deal with. We do not even enforce restocking fees to those who made the error in ordering and want to return if they are polite on the phone.

There is always two sides to every story as well. I am sure Thompsons had no intentions of misleading anyone on any product they offer to customers.

I have been reading on this forum for awhile now and never see anything good posted about a vendor when a good experience has been had. But everyone is quick to jump to a computer( not saying just here but all forums) to have happy fingers when something isnt exactly perfect.
I am sure the part works just fine and as mentioned if not you have the choice to return it.

We have been paying vendors on other forums for years and most of the time there is always more to the story than what someone with happy fingers try to type out

I am sorry you had issues with Thompsons on your order

Once you get this straight I would expect to see you coming back and posting something positive towards them as well for handling the issue. I am sure they will do what is needed to make you happy.

This is what it feels like to get a positive review from customers.
We see post like this all the time not only about my business but about other vendors. So those who have a great experience should also be welcome to post that and not just anything that should go wrong.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...le-d-mods.html

Last edited by Double D Mods; 06-21-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #70
bbrocksr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Mods View Post
We have parts made in China for us proprietary by a US based company as one of our suppliers.

I can tell you this
Not only is the price 40% less for me to procure but the quality is 10 times better than the stuff they used to make for me in Chicago.

If we as Americans we not so damn lazy and didnt expect 50.00 an hour to push a button at a factory and then bitch that they are working to much then maybe all parts would actually say made in USA

Got to love living in Wisconsin where we have a governor who understands what is going on

I am in agreement with Brent
These parts are more than likely drop shipped to you. They prob never touch them. We ship 50-60 parts a day to our customers we never see. Its not fun sometimes to get proper literature and pics from the manufacturer to properly display and advertise the products. We have troubles with this all the time. I have had to rewrite installation instructions for many companies for select Corvette parts as they have no clue sometimes on how to do this.

We deal with alot of customers each week with custom parts for Corvettes, Vipers Camaro ect and every once and a while there is someone who isnt happy about something on a part. We do our best to make them happy and those who are polite and understanding of any non intentional mistakes are very easy to deal with. We do not even enforce restocking fees to those who made the error in ordering and want to return if they are polite on the phone.

There is always two sides to every story as well. I am sure Thompsons had no intentions of misleading anyone on any product they offer to customers.

I have been reading on this forum for awhile now and never see anything good posted about a vendor when a good experience has been had. But everyone is quick to jump to a computer( not saying just here but all forums) to have happy fingers when something isnt exactly perfect.
I am sure the part works just fine and as mentioned if not you have the choice to return it.

We have been paying vendors on other forums for years and most of the time there is always more to the story than what someone with happy fingers try to type out

I am sorry you had issues with Thompsons on your order

Once you get this straight I would expect to see you coming back and posting something positive towards them as well for handling the issue. I am sure they will do what is needed to make you happy.

This is what it feels like to get a positive review from customers.
We see post like this all the time not only about my business but about other vendors. So those who have a great experience should also be welcome to post that and not just anything that should go wrong.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...le-d-mods.html
Did you see any positive posts about Brattons in this thread? I believe if you read a little closer you will see a couple of positive comments about Brattons and one about Snyders.
I have been on this site for a while and have seen quite a few positive posts about good vendors and a lot of posts about not so good vendors.
Maybe if there were more good vendors there would be more positive posts.
Feedback is Feedback, good or bad is up to the vendor.

A lot of this thread was about the vendors defending the vendors!

I'll take Made in USA and send the Import junk back, Bill
Old 06-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #71
700rpm

I investigated getting some brake and clutch pedals reproduced in China through a reputable broker. What he told me was, and I paraphrase here, "You can get any level of quality from China that you are willing to pay for. Just remain involved in the production and quality control aspects of the project and you will be fine." I didn't get to the project because someone else beat me to it, but if I were to explore another product, I would look at China again. And I would look for USA resources as well, and make my manufacturing decisions based on quality, not price. When I first started in business 42 years ago, a very wise supplier told me, "You can't go wrong with a first class ticket." I still believe that's true.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #72
Double D Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrocksr View Post
Did you see any positive posts about Brattons in this thread? I believe if you read a little closer you will see a couple of positive comments about Brattons and one about Snyders.
I have been on this site for a while and have seen quite a few positive posts about good vendors and a lot of posts about not so good vendors.
Maybe if there were more good vendors there would be more positive posts.
Feedback is Feedback, good or bad is up to the vendor.

A lot of this thread was about the vendors defending the vendors!

I'll take Made in USA and send the Import junk back, Bill
I did read this BIll
But why does it take a negative thread to get someone to talk about a positive thing in other vendors.

Your money you buy what you want as I am not telling you to buy anything from any where its made. All I am saying is the stuff here in the USA is not always the best.
You would be amazed how much stuff is made overseas and marked made in USA to make people happy

The vendor in this case Thompsons did what they needed to do and changed the website.

I would like to know how many people actually bought the product and didnt say a word as the probably didnt care the fact is didnt have USA on side.

just be glad you can still find a part to go on a near 80 year old car
Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #73
denis4x4

One last thought on the subject: as a SEMA member, I get at least one email a week from Chinese sources for molded and/or machined products. Unreal turn around times and as Double D Mods says, you can get any quality level you're willing to pay for. This horse is not only out of the barn, it's long gone and won't be back!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #74
Huckster Dave

Just amazing time after time I have read some one post they had a bad experience, with a seller or a vendor and let it go at that only to be chided into revealing the source. Tell us so we don't get burned as well it usually goes. Then the original poster gets beat up for complaining about poor ole John Doe. Me I am of the ilk that I am more than willing to let a fellow find out the hard way, rather than a public flogging.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #75
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Mods View Post
I did read this BIll
But why does it take a negative thread to get someone to talk about a positive thing in other vendors.
I see that you have only a few posts and I don't know how long you have been lurking but there are often unsolicited positive posts about parts and service vendors as well as help recieved from members here on this site.

In this case I truly believe that the vendor made an honest mistake. I say that because once he was told about it he took the time to update his web site to remove the made in the USA notations right away.

And even though I may never need any of his parts I did buy a T shirt as a way of saying thanks for the quick work.

I tell people all the time to let the vendor know of a problem even if you have no intention of returning the part. Give them appropriate time to solve the problem to everyones satisfaction and if you still have a problem then post it here.

On a personal note I have come here with vendor problems and received perspectives I did not think of without bashing the vendor first and using these ideas I have resolved the problem.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #76
queencityhotrod

I have work with Thompsons Garage and have recieved nothing but good prompt service. His knowledge base has been very valuable, and this is the type of service I look for!!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #77
V4F

Isn't "Usa" a village in northern China?

i remember when i was younger , that usa with no periods was china . U.S.A. is us !
doesnt help the situation , but i do remember this ................ steve
Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #78
MrTube

At this point I feel they also made an honest mistake. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a mistake.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

I've never had any experience with Thompson's Garage so honestly my opinion is moot anyway. As I said Bratton's and Snyder's are excellent and will do almost anything to keep you happy. Those are the only two I have dealt with as far as model A parts.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #79
Louis

Bill said it all,... A lot of this thread is about vendors defending vendors!

Most of the vendors are hard working honest people, A few are still learning.
It's about accountability, Not excuse's .

Last edited by Louis; 06-22-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #80
MrTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis View Post
bill said it all,... A lot of this thread is about venders defending venders!

Most of the venders are hard working honest people, a few are still learning.
It's about accountability, not excuse's .

yup!
Closed Thread