Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Vendor Disappointment

you might find the chinese made ones last longer than the usa cylinders....

lets face it most foreign made modern day vehicles have it all over the usa made
in workmanship and quality

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 06-19-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
700rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgarage View Post
It is in Japan

Usa Japan
Right, Vince. I remember it now. But maybe they outsourced the whole town to China.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.

Last edited by 700rpm; 06-19-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #23
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard/Ca View Post
OMG ! Lets take the vendor out and give him 40 lash's. The President, Congress, Banks, car dealers and many many others lie to you every day. Most politician would rather clime a tree to tell you a lie then stand on ground and tell you the truth. And you are upset because one vendor may have made a mistake. The one in the ad stated Made in USA does this mean that every one that he sells has to be made in USA or does the vendor have to specify where each and every product that he sells was made.If that is so boy are a lot of stores and vendors in trouble. Richard/Ca

So we should just accept the lies?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
Richard/Ca

Good Thoughts C26Pinelake. Sorry! MrTube trying to get with the texting thing or what ever the younger people are doing these days with their (phones?) Oh! And the way Mr Tubes you are NOT an idiot for trying to buy American. Richard/Ca

Last edited by Richard/Ca; 06-19-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add on
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #25
Kohnke Rebabbitting

The one in the ad stated Made in USA does this mean that every one that he sells has to be made in USA or does the vendor have to specify where each and every product that he sells was made.If that is so boy are a lot of stores and vendors in trouble. Richard/Ca

You dam right, or it is false advertising. There are many companies such as Snyders, and Birdhaven, here in Iowa that will list U.S.A. made if that part is.

I also buy U.S.A., as every part that I have got that isn't, is NOT usable to me.

Ya , he can probably get his money back, but, will he get his shipping back, will he get his time back he is out, that could all have been prevented!!

Mr. Nose, it seems you always go against somebodys customer that has a complaint, and stick up for the vender, could it be because it hits close to home for you, as in my opinion, there are always reasons for a particular agenda??
Old 06-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #26
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
No, No, No!! Because many conscientous folks go out of their way to buy U.S.A. made stuff in order to support The U.S.A. ECONOMY!! Bill W.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post

Gosh, maybe I am just different but I think much of this is perception. Mike, suppose I live close by and you call me asking if I can come over and give you a hand moving something. I say "Sure, be there in 15 minutes!" Now suppose it actually take 20 minutes before I arrive. Did I lie to you when I wasn't there in exactly 15 minutes like I said? Maybe my intentions were pure but I was delayed a few minutes while I had to run back into the house to go pee.

Again, while we have only heard one side of the story, it kinda appears the vendors were honest or forthcoming when later asked if it was imported. If they had argued and tried to cover it up, maybe I would feel different about their business ethics but based on my perception, it just has the appearance of a mistake. I guess it is also unclear to me whether they were unwilling to take the merchandise back, --or whether they were actually asked to give some type of compensation.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 06-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #28
Richard/Ca

No Mike I don't think you should accept the lies. And I don't what we can do to stop it. It is like an affliction was politicians,The wall street super rich, And in about 90% of marketing and auto industry. Most of the people who control the money. Richard/Ca
Old 06-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #29
Louis

Brent,
I don't understand why you are trying so hard to spin this ?
It ain't working .

The parts Bogie bought from thompson's were clearley adv. as made in the "USA",..... "NOT IN CHINA" .

Last edited by Louis; 06-19-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #30
rusty12

Here's another twist we can add to this argument: If the buyer learned how to make his original Model A mechanical brakes function correctly, he would not be having this problem!

I had a problem with a Chinese-made electric fuel pump when I bought my Model A with it's Weber downdraft setup. When I changed back to the original Zenith, I did not have to contend with the Chinese fuel pump anymore-and the car runs smoother and is more reliable!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #31
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty12 View Post
Here's another twist we can add to this argument: If the buyer learned how to make his original Model A mechanical brakes function correctly, he would not be having this problem!

I had a problem with a Chinese-made electric fuel pump when I bought my Model A with it's Weber downdraft setup. When I changed back to the original Zenith, I did not have to contend with the Chinese fuel pump anymore-and the car runs smoother and is more reliable!
Rusty,
That's kinda' like cuttin' off your schnozz to spite your unhandsome face. I would have put a U.S.A. made pump & left the Weber on. Webers are a very smooth, very refined carb, and deliver amazing power & economy! Bill W.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #32
Franchise_24

Angry Re: Vendor Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Gosh, maybe I am just different but I think much of this is perception. Mike, suppose I live close by and you call me asking if I can come over and give you a hand moving something. I say "Sure, be there in 15 minutes!" Now suppose it actually take 20 minutes before I arrive. Did I lie to you when I wasn't there in exactly 15 minutes like I said? Maybe my intentions were pure but I was delayed a few minutes while I had to run back into the house to go pee.

Again, while we have only heard one side of the story, it kinda appears the vendors were honest or forthcoming when later asked if it was imported. If they had argued and tried to cover it up, maybe I would feel different about their business ethics but based on my perception, it just has the appearance of a mistake. I guess it is also unclear to me whether they were unwilling to take the merchandise back, --or whether they were actually asked to give some type of compensation.

Read the bold. So basically, they were honest about it when they got caught that they were advertising a product as made in the USA when in fact it was not. Every time someone has a comment about a vendor there is Brent chiming in on why it really isn't the vendors fault. Why is that Brent?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #33
Huckster Dave

It seems if we didn't own a small business, we are not qualified to chime in here. Well I have and also worked retail for many years. If you show me a picture of a USA made part and print that it is USA made then it is supposed to be just that. If I order that part I am supposed to receive that which I ordered, if not the seller is committing a criminal act.
Now I purchase American made when I can (I support American jobs) when I can't I purchase the alternative or I go without.
Had a professor once explain the human ego as like a bucket of water. We all need water in that bucket. When some person makes a negative comment it is similar to dipping out some of the water. Positive comments just the opposite. Some folks can't get enough water so they start scooping it up for themselves by taking up some cause like defending small business and then adding a disclaimer. Hence the chiming mentioned above.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #34
BILL WILLIAMSON

It's sad that in todays advertising, a "disclaimer" usually means that it isn't really what we said it was! Bill W.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #35
Craig Lewis

You all need to look carefully at the actual ad and then I beg anyone to ad further arguement that the man was not mislead.
Here it is...
https://www.thompsonsgarage.com/home...1939-1948.html

I see all their wheel cylinders are clearly described as Proudly Made In USA with a big USA banner.

As a Canadian business owner I would be appalled & embarrassed at such an error. The man should have been appologized to and a correct part shipped or full refund offered with more appologies.
Furthermore the website should have been corrected ...TODAY.
I'll agree this could be a simple mistake and maybe some Chinese parts "snuck" into the bins without being noticed. Bottom line is they need to be culled or the ad changed and that's the only proper thing to do... period.

Although it seems hopeless most days, I go out of my way to buy Canadian, then USA, parts & tools. Next I consider used, going without.......... and finally offshore.
(which probably STILL claims roughly half of my purchases). Clothing is a hard one.

Given the present economy, anybody who thinks it "makes no difference" to buy everything Chinese, may I suggest you seek some help before it's too late?
When you devolve past the point of "tolerating" the support of foreign jobs to "grandstanding" in their favor, that is, for lack of a better word....frightfull.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #36
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Lewis View Post
You all need to look carefully at the actual ad and then I beg anyone to ad further arguement that the man was not mislead.
Here it is...
https://www.thompsonsgarage.com/home...1939-1948.html

I see all their wheel cylinders are clearly described as Proudly Made In USA with a big USA banner.

THANK YOU!

What is a lie? My definition is the KNOWINGLY telling of an untruth. This is not a case of a friend being a few minutes late or even an honest mistake. This is an ad for a product that states in three different places that it is made in the USA, even proudly made in the USA and it is not.

Why mention that it was made in the USA? Because the vendor knows that USA manufactured goods get a higher price.

Whenever we accept lies from anyone we are telling them that it is OK, continue on, we don't care. We need to take to task what people, vendors, and even politicitions, tell us and never accept lies!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #37
1931 flamingo

Anyone gone to a fast food restaurant lately and asked for a sandwich like in the picture on the menu board or posters all over the store??? Talk about truth in advertising.................
Paul in CT
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #38
dayid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Lewis View Post

As a Canadian business owner I would be appalled & embarrassed at such an error. The man should have been appologized to and a correct part shipped or full refund offered with more appologies.
Furthermore the website should have been corrected ...TODAY.
Right. I didn't say to chargeback immediately upon receipt. However, since in the original post he already gave the business an opportunity to correct the situation - and it sounds like they balked at the chance - then it is a valid response.

This isn't much different than buying something that is advertised as a RED SHIRT in description with a picture of a RED SHIRT, and then being upset when what arrives is a BLUE SHIRT - then having the company say "Tough!"

Regardless of what people think of Made in USA, the facts seem to be that a product is advertised as something that it is not - both in image and text. No one is saying to go sue-happy against small businesses who make mistakes; however I will advocate highly to attain what you actually paid for - not whatever they felt like shipping to you that day.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #39
Bob-A

Thumbs up Re: Vendor Disappointment

Paul in Ct,

Man, did you ever "hit-the-nail-on-the-head" with your statement. I've always thought about doing that and seeing what happens?!?! I probably
would get the same expression. I got yesterday when I went into the local post office and asked: "Let me have some of the new stamps with
the confederate flag on them." It was great, total bewilderment on the clerks face.

Bob-A
Old 06-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #40
eagle

There is a simple solution. Return the parts. Yeah, you will pay return shipping but its very likely that the vendor will pay the original shipping if you ask for it. I run a small business and know how tough it is to make a living. A small business can also be run broke by negative word-of-mouth. Call them up, explain your problem, ask for a refund, and see where it goes. Remember, their profit margin is likely less than 10% on this type of product.
Closed Thread