Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2024, 09:25 AM   #1
Marshall V. Daut

Default Source for dome light wood???

I am looking for a source that can supply wood for mounting the Murray Town Sedan's oval dome light, which is different from the Briggs pattern. The distance between the top wood bows is different = different size wood. Most vendors carry wood for the round dome light (Coupes and Fordor Sedans), but only Mike's has wood for the oval dome light. Unfortunately, they only list Briggs wood and they cannot even get that anymore! I have checked numerous vendors' websites and cannot seem to find wood for the Murray body Town Sedan. I know the design is a simple piece of flat wood with an oval cutout for the dome light and wire, but I don't have measurements, thickness or woodworking tools (jigsaw) to make my own, and I need TWO them for a special application.
Can anyone here either supply these wooden pieces ready to mount, provide measurements and pattern or suggest a source to buy this simple item? I can't begin installing the new headliner until the dome light wood has been inserted between the back top wood bows.
Thanks in advance.
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote