Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-19-2024, 07:23 PM   #1
Flynn

Default Build or sell? This is my intro...

Hey guys,
This is my 1st post on the Ford-barn forum. Whether or not I continue to post on this forum is dependent upon one thing: Should I try to build my model T, or sell it? I love everything old/vintage/antique, so when I saw an ad for a "huge stash of Model T parts" for a good price practically next door, I was compelled to collect 'em.

Basically I have MOST body parts for a (not sure of the year???) Model T Tudor, excluding the cowl/firewall/windshield area, front fenders, grill shell and running boards. And I have nothing mechanical (engine, trans, pedals, steering). Still has most of the non-safety glass, basically no rust-through also.

I have always wanted a traditional hot rod, but I am not sure I am up to the task of finding a firewall, building a floor, bracing the body with metal instead of wood, finding a flathead, etc. Not to mention I have a '58 custom and a diesel 4x4 (drive-able project) that take precedent. Just from what I've seen it looks like I'd have to spend at least $1500 to get a fenderless body put together, and that might take awhile... (by the time I save that the price will have gone up!)

Try to get pics up soon, not great with that.

Thank you all for holding this forum, I have some garage space; what should I do?

Would you like to see more parts for sale?
Or would you like to see an attempt at another Model T hot rod driver... eventually?

Thanks for the input!
Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 08:35 PM   #2
A bones

Default Re: Build or sell? This is my intro...

Hey Hey Tom here in De. Nice body as you can tell from my avatar.
I am confident that you would be happy with the impression you can make with it.
Welcome to the 'Barn'. The Swap Meet is a good place to find the sheet metal you desire. However this particular board focuses on the historic preservation of 'T' era equipment.
We aren't afraid of improved products or parts, buut enjoy the flavor of pre war type iron.
There is a lot to be gained from reading the posts here.
The search section can be very helpful as well.
As far as direction on building your vision, I would recomend that you check out the H.A.M.B. The activity there is exactly your goal for the ride you wish to build.
As far as building or selling,,, that is a personal choice only you can make.
I will say this though building and sharing will give you much more experience and, and friendships than just turning a profit from a sale(s).
Pictures are a plus, and always appreciated
Old 04-23-2024, 06:28 AM   #3
ronn

Default Re: Build or sell? This is my intro...

Flynn, try going over to the HAMB. you should get a better response.

you are on a site that mostly entertains purists- not hot rodders.
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote