Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #41
jkassay

Default Re: Introduction

Spent thousands with Mac's never had a problem, Good service, quick delivery. Will keep giving them my business. I like their web site, easy to use and first class.
jkassay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #42
1931 flamingo

3 pages already......
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #43
tbirdtbird
BANNED

and the company never heard of him....
Old 01-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #44
CWilson

http://youtu.be/8s6lCCHL3_k
CWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #45
ericr

this is off topic, but don't you guys think that a unique business of selling Model "A" parts is only going to work well when you have what is essentially like a family business to include guys who have themselves, or their families, collected and restored these cars themselves and have a love for them? Trying to run it like a "normal" business from pure profit motives, with employee turnover, disinterest and lack of knowledge, will not win friends and influence people.
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #46
rusty12

I think it is great to see a young person like Trevor taking interest in the collector car hobby and choosing to make a career out of it. I'd rather deal with a forward thinking company that promotes young people than a company that is relying on older folks to pass the torch. I wonder how many of these smaller "mom and pop" vendors will survive in years to come? Trevor is certainly young and will have a lot to learn, but the fact that he took time to introduce himself on this forum to this den of wolves shows he is willing to learn not only about the products but also customer service. I'll continue to give Ecklers/Mac's my business.

Last edited by rusty12; 01-28-2015 at 08:29 PM.
rusty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #47
Rowdy
BANNED

Looks like he is more of an office type pitch man than someone we would actually get on the phone or be able to ask a tech question specific to Model A's. I was hopeful that they might have actually known A's well. Rod
Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #48
Y-Blockhead

Looks like Trevor visited all the Forums on The Ford Barn this morning, not just this one.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:45 PM   #49
gz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty12 View Post
I think it is great to see a young person like Trevor taking interest in the collector car hobby and choosing to make a career out of it. I'd rather deal with a forward thinking company that promotes young people than a company that is relying on older folks to pass the torch. I wonder how many of these smaller "mom and pop" vendors will survive in years to come? Trevor is certainly young and will have a lot to learn, but the fact that he took time to introduce himself on this forum to this den of wolves shows he is willing to learn not only about the products but also customer service. I'll continue to give Ecklers/Mac's my business.
I agree 100 percent. Nice to see younger people working in this hobby. The naysayers on this thread are the likely the same ones that complain that there are no younger people in the hobby and worry about who will take care of their cars when they die.

When I was i high school and probably younger than Trevor, a small car museum in Costa Mesa, California, hired me to work part time during the summers. The owner was a man who also built drove race cars in earlier years. Some of you may have even heard of him. Briggs Cunningham, or Mr. "C" as we called him, often took time out from his busy schedule to recognize my minimal accomplishments and encouraged me to pursue my passion and interest for vintage automobiles. I'm glad he did. And I'm glad Ecklers/Macs is doing the same for Trevor and hopefully other young men and women. Everyone needs to start somewhere.

By the way, I have also bought parts from Mac's for the last three decades and have also never had a problem with their parts or service.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #50
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

He's no doubt a new sales rep for the company and he's out introducing himself to everyone on all the forums.

I doubt very much he has the knowledge that so many here have about As and what makes them tick.

I believe he might be a good go between customers and the head office when customer service continues to be substandard........IMO.

Any kid has to start somewhere.....

I was once into customer sales and my contact was the telephone, this was way before any internet, I had to do the same thing he's doing. I lasted six months..................

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #51
700rpm

Since Mac's is now part of a larger company, Trevor would go a long way to improving his and their credibility by providing contact info so we could in fact "shoot him a question." His response as well as his response time will define the value of the source.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #52
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Please elaborate on your defination of "Been Around". Do you mean hads dirty and mind twisted trying to get them fixed or walking around them at car shows?? No ill will intended, just curous. Thanks Rod
I've had my hand dirty in many builds, not just Ford related. But then again I'm by no means more experienced than a lot of you guys.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #53
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford1931 View Post
I think your shipping costs are high. Do you feel you have to profit on shipping? Have you looked into one rate boxes?
In theory the one rate box would be great, but with the thousands of parts we sale some items wouldn't fit in a one rate box.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #54
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbirdtbird View Post
Greetings!

1. a better starting question is where are you on the ladder at Ecklers? If the bottom rung....well.....if you are a manager of some type, that is a different ball game. If we do not know the answer to this question then I submit we are wasting our time and typing fingers

2. Are you only gonna respond to PMs? If so, by not sharing with the rest of us how you have resolved issues, is not gonna build up any confidence.

we had one post here a while back from someone with the handle 'egge'
There was no acknowledgement of just where he was in the Egge corporate structure (if he even was), and no answers were forthcoming of some good questions asked of him. So, in other words, why did he bother to post? And these were common sense questions, not even critical, since few if any have had trouble with the real Egge

3. and yes, if you are unwilling to divulge your sources, then best of luck to you, since all the other suppliers do, and it is no skin off your teeth if you are using reputable suppliers to tell us that

I'm not on the "bottom rung". I'm in the marketing department here. But over the years I've worked in sales and the tech department with Eckler's. I also have the ability to get things moving much faster if their is any problem.

As far as answering PM's that will up to the customer if they want to resolve the issue public on the forum. So I will leave that up to the customer.

Sales reps are told not to divulge the manufacture per company policy. So to that I have no real answer to why that is. But there is ways I can get around that if you would like. PM me with questions on that end.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:37 AM   #55
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
Welcome Trevor,
and thanks for coming here to offer assistance, as there has been many negative issues posted in the past about Macs including by myself. i think it would be helpful to post your position and contact info within the company. i tried calling Macs twice talked to different people and no one heard of you, so then i did the dial by name directory and that was unsuccessful also.
thanks

I do not have an outside phone extension, there for I do not show up on our phone queue. We have 2 facilities one in New York and the other in Florida. A lot of the sales reps and customer service reps don't even know we are here sometimes.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #56
Eckler's

Hey guys this is Scott. I’m the forum manager here at Eckler’s/Mac’s. And I will be working side by side with Trevor here on Ford Barn to fix any problems you guys may have. Also I will be here to try to fix any broken relationship that might be out there. With Trevor doing a ton of other things here with our company I will be the main go between from here on out. When we signed up we had no idea of the response we would get. So that being said please direct any questions to me.

So a little about my background. I have worked many years with Eckler’s. I started at the bottom of the company just like anyone else. Started as a seasonal sales rep, moved to full time shortly thereafter. After a couple years of sales I got the opportunity to move to the Tech department. After working in tech for many years I decided to move to the Marketing/Promotions department.And here I am today.I’ve had my hand in many builds over the years from Ford, Chevy, Cadillac and Mopar. I might not know the answer to every question you guys might ask but I work to find that answer in a timely manner. I look forward to working with you guys on any issues you may have. If you would like to email me direct please do so. My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Scott

Old 01-29-2015, 09:23 AM   #57
CT AV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo View Post
3 pages already......
Paul in CT
AND a new "main go between"......
CT AV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #58
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT AV8 View Post
AND a new "main go between"......
Just another person here to help.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #59
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckler's View Post
Hey guys this is Scott. I’m the forum manager here at Eckler’s/Mac’s. And I will be working side by side with Trevor here on Ford Barn to fix any problems you guys may have. Also I will be here to try to fix any broken relationship that might be out there. With Trevor doing a ton of other things here with our company I will be the main go between from here on out. When we signed up we had no idea of the response we would get. So that being said please direct any questions to me.

So a little about my background. I have worked many years with Eckler’s. I started at the bottom of the company just like anyone else. Started as a seasonal sales rep, moved to full time shortly thereafter. After a couple years of sales I got the opportunity to move to the Tech department. After working in tech for many years I decided to move to the Marketing/Promotions department.And here I am today.I’ve had my hand in many builds over the years from Ford, Chevy, Cadillac and Mopar. I might not know the answer to every question you guys might ask but I work to find that answer in a timely manner. I look forward to working with you guys on any issues you may have. If you would like to email me direct please do so. My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott;
As I mentioned above, many of your competitors have a vast amount of first-hand knowledge of the very vehicle inwhich they are selling parts for. For a company such as Ecklers which is trying to (re)gain some credibility in the market of which you are selling/manufacturing parts for, wouldn't it be prudent for Ecklers to hire an employee or two that truly has first-hand experience with the model of vehicle to service your customer?

Let me tell you why I am saying this. On the main Eckler's website, there is a comment about y'all have 50 years in the Restoration business, ...and there is even make a comment how y'all invented Restoration. ( http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/about-us ) While I will call that a total BS statement, it goes on to say that Ecklers has "experts" that not only know about the parts, but that y'all check out a part to not only ensure it fits, but that it is as good or better than the original. Unfortunately, from most people's experiences with Macs and Specialized in the past, nothing could be further from the truth with regard to Model-A parts!! Quite frankly, it would appear this same marketing mindset from the GM side has spilled over into the Vintage Ford parts side of your company. Should we not be concerned? .

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:15 AM   #60
Classiccanuck

Hey Trevor, you have a long road ahead of you, if you are trying to change Mac's image you have a lot of "mopping up" to do, then begin with "Customer Service".
Classiccanuck is offline   Reply With Quote