Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-23-2023, 04:27 PM   #1
hopson1954

Exclamation Late 1931 Ford Coupe 45B seat info

New to the site late last year. Attached I have some pictures of the seat from a Late 1931 ford coupe 45B. I do not know if these are correct for this car? One picture is of the top section of the track with only 2 bolts each, and a wood piece that was bolted to the track, so did someone just add the wood to raise the seat up? Also are the bolts available to purchase, it looks like there should be four? Also the frame is metal with a couple of rust holes toward the back, does someone make this part? What is the correct seat frame for this car? Can you just use the wood for the frame? If someone could help that would be great.

Last edited by hopson1954; 02-25-2023 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Additional info
hopson1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 09:40 AM   #2
Bob Bidonde

Default Re: Late 1931 Ford Coupe 45B

The seat in your picture appears to be the one used from 1930 thru mid 1931. The later seat has a ratchet mechanism. Your seat uses an Acme screw.
Old 02-25-2023, 11:10 AM   #3
hopson1954

Default Re: Late 1931 Ford Coupe 45B

Bob, all of the seat adjustment hardware is gone, except the front floor bracket which looks to me as the one for the ratchet type?
Old 02-26-2023, 04:37 PM   #4
Oldbluoval

Default Re: Late 1931 Ford Coupe 45B seat info

Hopson
I think you are correct. Is the base to the seat all metal?
I think it’s been “re-engineered”. Normally the metal seat has slides that mate to the floor.
I think a driver need to raise the seat and did that.
Oldbluoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 10:23 PM   #5
CT Jack

My 31 coupe does not have wood strips attached to the bottom of the seat frame. Oldbluoval and Bob are correct you should have a slide on the bottom of each side of the metal frame that mates to the glide mounted on floor. The slide gets attached to the frame with I believe 2 short bolts on each side. Once assembled the seat is then slid into the glide or track mounted on the floor. Make sure the slide and track are greased before assembling.
It looks like cardboard is attached to the back of the wood back frame, mine does not have any covering. I am assuming you have the removal wood frame that the seat spring and covering are attached to. The 2 pins on the base frame are used to align the seat frame.
Snyder's has the various seat adjuster hardware. I have a A47836 seat adjusting nut that attaches to an A7832-S screw. These get mounted to the front center of the frame and connect with the seat frame.
CT Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 06:30 PM   #6
hopson1954

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hello CT Jack, do you know what the seat frame looks like? My main questions are what was actually used in the late 1931 model A, is the metal frame in my pictures anywhere close to what is supposed to be there? Is the metal frame made by anyone? The wood frames is under the springs, the bottom seat was removed and not in any of the pictures. The problem with the metal frame is there are 2 rust holes where the track would mount at the back end. The only all metal frame I have found is one from Speedway and it says it is only for a 1932?
Old 02-27-2023, 09:21 PM   #7
jw hash

that is the correct seat frame for the late 31 coupe. if it is rusty, where is mounts to the slides have it repaired
jw hash is offline   Reply With Quote