Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
Bill in NJ

Default Brattons New Catalog SHOCKS

Just got there new catalog and opened the page for Model A shocks. They are listed as being TEMPORARY DISCONTINUED ?? Wonder what is up with that ??
Bill in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Bob C

Default Re: Brattons New Catalog SHOCKS

Just scroll down the page and read this thread http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137026

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
Pinstripe

I believe that the man running M&S passed on. The really nice shocks were made by Bill Stipe but there was not enough support from buyers so they went away.But I know that he's considering manufacturing these again if there is enough demand. If you go to his website you can be put on the list to buy them.If enough of us do that then shocks will again be in the catalog.
Pinstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post
I believe that the man running M&S passed on. The really nice shocks were made by Bill Stipe but there was not enough support from buyers so they went away.But I know that he's considering manufacturing these again if there is enough demand. If you go to his website you can be put on the list to buy them.If enough of us do that then shocks will again be in the catalog.
A lot of factors went into the production stoppage, not just buyer support as last I heard the "B" dist cam also came off the same machine and it is now limited to stock on hand as the machine he had is gone.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
peters180a/170b

At 1 point M+S was a great shock . I started using them back in the 70's and i have them on my 180A now. Had a small issue with them but they made good one 1 shock. I use to send them mint original matching shock covers when the shock themselves were shot and put the covers on their shocks... Worked out very well years ago. Sad to hear he passed on..Was a nice guy to talk to. When i can and afford to i always buy items like this. They sometimes short supply and never will be around for a long time..Zinc trim for running boards, 31 running boards , some parts for the 180A made by A+L parts , I had a run for ACME dust covers and front seat frames for the 180A ,,now shocks ...Don't count on parts being around long that are good. To make a run it takes MONEY and a large amount to order to pay and sell for a good price so people can afford. IT'S A HOBBY
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
peters180a/170b

Like some suppliers there are a lot of items which BRATTON'S , A+L Parts , Snyder's make... to have parts made and sit and wait for their return to takes money...
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote