Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #21
Barry B./ Ma.

Default Re: ebay clock shocker!

The miror is a little foggy? Just what we need, a foggy rear view mirror!
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #22
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Lewis View Post
...it's sad when you miss them bargains

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:B:WNA:CA:1123

I know what you mean. I missed out on this bargain some time back.

196258496232136008_j7eSSQy1_c.jpg
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
Keith True

At a local swap meet years ago I saw a couple of guys buy a mirror clock.I didn't think much of it but they borrowed a Model A part I had in my hand to break the glass away and throw it in the trash.They were talking about just how things like that wind up on a flea market table.Then they told my that if they were right on their ID of the clock it was worth over 100 times the asking price.If they were wrong it was worth less than they paid for it.To me it was just a mirror clock,they seemed to know just what it fit originally.I once put an old Jaguar MK 2 tool kit on ebay,I got a dozen or more asking about the little adjustable wrench.It had a little forging mark on it they went nuts over.It was the correct wrench for the correct month for one car,and it was impossible to find because the first thing to disappear from a tool kit is the adjustable wrench.I had actually put the wrench back in the kit to try and sell it.I had been using it myself for 25 years or so.I think I was hoping to get $100.or so for the kit,it brought more than I had sold the whole Jaguar for 25 years earlier.My old girlfriends father was an auctioneer and appraiser,he said he was surprised daily by things that slipped by him and his compadres.He once auctioned the estate of a doll collector,and in preparation had called in a half dozen or so doll collectors,appraisers,to advise and evaluate.The more he knew the more he made.On one of the dolls nobody could make a determination on it.When it came up for auction the hall got real quiet.The auctioneer broke out in goosebumps,at that second he realized that the doll collectors there knew something that he and his hired guns had missed or were unfamiliar with.Bids of $25-$30,000 were bouncing around the room with the cop there pulling bidders apart.They had thought it was a nothing piece and it wasn't in the advertisements.I don't know what it brought but I remember the buyer ripping the head off it and throwing the rest away.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #24
peters180a/170b

That clock is more for a V8 Ford and NOT Model A... I have a n.o.s. one in the box better then this one on ebay and mine is "for" the 1931 Model A. I'll take 1/2 of that price....l.o.l.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote