Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
wi0v

Default Need Interior Photo's of a 29 Town Sedan

I am finishing up the 29 Town Sedan and since the car didn't have a complete interior I need some photo's. Might also add that I removed what little upholstery it had over two years ago. Having a major senior moment I guess. Anyway:

1. The back seat rest has a fold down center rest. I need photo of how the 3" wide strap that hides the back of the car when the arm rest is folded down. It is attached to the top of the wood frame behind the center arm rest but don't know how the bottom of the strap attaches to the arm rest.

2. Haven't even started on the front carriage seat. Specifically how the back rest is covered/attached. Obviously it staples/tacks to the top of the carriage seat but don't know how the upholstery attaches to the sides and bottom below the springs. The carriage seat is mostly metal, not wood

Any and all help would be appreciated.
[email protected]
wi0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Smurkey

Default Re: Need Interior Photo's of a 29 Town Sedan

I just finished my 155A a couple of months ago and did the interior myself using a kit from Classtique from MN. I don't have any good photos of the seats and they're now installed, but I think I can describe it.

Armrest: The strip on the armrest end goes BETWEEN the wood of the armrest and the metal hinge hardware before it is tightened up.

The Seat Back: The top does staple to the top edge of the seat back. The spring assembly "hangs" on a couple of loops of extra top material, canvas, or webbed material that are stapled to the wood portion that will be inside the finished seat back. The spring assembly will ultimately be squeezed in between the seat back and the tension of the installed upholstery so the loops just hold the springs in position basically during assembly. you then pull the material that you stapled on the top edge down over the springs and staple the bottom of the upholstery to the bottom of the carriage seat frame. This area will be covered by the back edge of the seat bottom when complete, so neatness is optional. The staples on the top edge will be covered with a wire-on welting that hides the cut edge and staples.

If you really get in a pickle I could pull out the seat and snap a few pics, but right now the car is in winter storage and not the easiest to get at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01722small.jpg (129.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0968small.jpg (118.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0969small.jpg (33.0 KB, 29 views)
Smurkey is offline   Reply With Quote