Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-24-2023, 02:35 PM   #1
fordv8j

Default Need directions to National Meet in Detroit

Will be going up I-75 from Toledo..need to know what road to get off on and exit numbers, to get to the Doubletree Motel....Thanks.James R Parsons, WVa
fordv8j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:55 PM   #2
rockfla

Default Re: Need directions to National Meet in Detroit

I plan on taking I-75 to "39" at Lincoln Park in Detroit, take 39 straight up to Ford Road exit!!! The hotel is in the northwest quadrant of the intersection of 39 and Ford Rd
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 04:35 PM   #3
Kens 36

James R,

The exit number off of I-75 is 41. Get on Southfield Rd (39) North for just over a mile to the West Ford Rd exit. Soon after you exit, turn right on Crossroads Center Drive and you will run right into the hotel.

Ken
Old 04-24-2023, 05:35 PM   #4
DavidG

Ken,

With respect, you hit the wrong key as it is about 7 miles from the M-39 exit on I-75 to the Ford Road exit on M-39.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 06:35 PM   #5
Kens 36

James,

Sorry about that. Dave of course is exactly right. I meant to type "just over 7 miles" instead of just over a mile. The rest should be about right.

Did your forms show up?

Ke
Old 04-24-2023, 10:03 PM   #6
cjshaker

Outsider question here: Is it open to public viewing? I'm not a member of the EFV8 club (yet), but would very very much like to go to this event just to check out some high level restorations and see some great Fords. Is that possible? Can the swap meet be accessed also? I would sign up for the "novice judge", just to learn more about the early cars, but I think that's reserved for members. It's only a 2 hour drive for me, so I can't pass up the opportunity if I have the chance.
cjshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 10:13 PM   #7
DavidG

The best day for seeing the cars would be Thursday, June 15th, when the concourse judging takes place. The swap meet would be better visited earlier in the week.

As you surmised, to participate as a novice judge requires membership.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:40 AM   #8
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjshaker View Post
Outsider question here: Is it open to public viewing? I'm not a member of the EFV8 club (yet), but would very very much like to go to this event just to check out some high level restorations and see some great Fords. Is that possible? Can the swap meet be accessed also? I would sign up for the "novice judge", just to learn more about the early cars, but I think that's reserved for members. It's only a 2 hour drive for me, so I can't pass up the opportunity if I have the chance.
CJShaker
Why wouldn't you join the club. There are a "few" different options for you to join.....ALL of which are financially "Friendly" for anyone's wallet.......THEN you can FULLY participate and we (The club) would love to have you!!!!
Old 04-25-2023, 10:38 AM   #9
cjshaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
CJShaker
Why wouldn't you join the club. There are a "few" different options for you to join.....ALL of which are financially "Friendly" for anyone's wallet.......THEN you can FULLY participate and we (The club) would love to have you!!!!

I was trying to navigate the process last night and finding the options wasn't the easiest thing to do. I will join, and probably should have many years ago. Preserving and promoting our old cars is in my blood...with a heavy emphasis on that blood being Ford Blue.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:24 AM   #10
Kens 36

The easiest way for you may be to just call Cornerstone Registration toll free at (866) 427-7583. They will get you all set up. The current annual dues are $45 with the award-winning V-8 Times magazine. You can also opt for the digital version of the magazine for $25 per year. Or, you can even check out membership with no magazine at $10.

You definitely want the magazine!

Ken
Old 04-25-2023, 11:30 AM   #11
nelsb01

There are 3 ways to join - and 3 membership options.
1) do it online https://efv8.cornerstonereg.com secure online
2) from the same page, print out an membership application to mail in
3) call our membership company Cornerstone Registration 1-866-427-7583 central time zone

As for membership options:
1) full year (6 issues) of Club award winning magazine V-8 TIMES
2) digital (online) membership with V-8 TIMES online
3) Associate member - no magazine

Each one of the above membership options will allow you to register and participate in National Meets and Driving Tours.

What are you waiting for? Deadline for registering for the 2023 60th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee Celebration is fast approaching.
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 11:36 AM   #12
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
I was trying to navigate the process last night and finding the options wasn't the easiest thing to do. I will join, and probably should have many years ago. Preserving and promoting our old cars is in my blood...with a heavy emphasis on that blood being Ford Blue.
You should join. I'll give you three reasons:

1. It's cheap
2. V8 Times
3. National meets & driving tours are fun.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 12:27 PM   #13
cjshaker

Done. I signed up my wife and I for a full membership, with magazine. The driving tour sounds like fun and makes me wish my '37 were roadworthy now.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:33 PM   #14
rockfla

Quote:
Done. I signed up my wife and I for a full membership, with magazine. The driving tour sounds like fun and makes me wish my '37 were roadworthy now.
NOW, PM Kens36 and see about getting registered and put on the list to be a judge. You will would really need to plan an "overnight" stay IF you really want to judge as there is a "Pre Meet" judges meeting Wednesday evening.....THEN....Thursday morning is Judges breakfast before we are released to judge the cars!!!! Glad you joined the National Club, good luck and hope to see you there!!!
Old 04-25-2023, 12:47 PM   #15
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Sometimes attending a National Meet helps give you inspiration to get back on a V8 project. That and crap load of money.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 02:20 PM   #16
nelsb01

And........participation is what it is all about. You don't need to bring a Club vehicle as the people are what makes the Club. As someone once said -- "the cars bring us together but the people keep us together" (or something like that, but you get the idea)

There have been many who have attended National Driving Tours in their modern iron. They still have a great time. I have been on 7 of the 14 National Driving Tours and have driven modern to 2 of them (rented after flying to one of them) but still had a great time with great sights and great people.

Welcome aboard!!
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 02:25 PM   #17
cjshaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
NOW, PM Kens36 and see about getting registered and put on the list to be a judge. You will would really need to plan an "overnight" stay IF you really want to judge as there is a "Pre Meet" judges meeting Wednesday evening.....THEN....Thursday morning is Judges breakfast before we are released to judge the cars!!!! Glad you joined the National Club, good luck and hope to see you there!!!

Yes, I'd love to be involved in the judging, just to learn as much as possible. I will contact Ken. Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
Sometimes attending a National Meet helps give you inspiration to get back on a V8 project. That and crap load of money.

Seth, inspiration is covered. Thanks to my Dad, I'm blessed to have the ability to do most all the work myself, save for the interior work, so that will help in the money department, at least in theory.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:34 PM   #18
cjshaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsb01 View Post
There have been many who have attended National Driving Tours in their modern iron. They still have a great time. I have been on 7 of the 14 National Driving Tours and have driven modern to 2 of them (rented after flying to one of them) but still had a great time with great sights and great people.

Welcome aboard!!

I do have a couple of vintage cars, just not a running early flathead, so I'll look into the drives more. I've been on 3 Hot Rod Drag Weeks, where you have to drive to 4 different drag strips, covering 1000 miles in a week. It's a grueling event, and has always been a great experience...once it's over..lol The driving "tour" sounds much more suited for just enjoying the car.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:13 PM   #19
Kens 36

PM sent.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:55 PM   #20
DavidG

Coincidently, the Ford Road (M-153) exit off of Southfield (M-39) is "exit 7"