Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
Chris

Default 1962 Ford F-100 shortbox unibody pickup

City: Spokane
State: WA
Price: 1200.00

SOLD

For sale 1962 Ford F100 short bed unibody pickup. This truck has sat for the last 15 years or so. It was originally light yellow with one dark charcoal colored repaint. I got it running and it runs really good with good oil pressure. It smoked a little at first but cleared up. It's running off the gas tank and it has stale gas in it, that is probably the slight smoke. The engine is a 223 6 cylinder with a 4 speed. Rear end is a 9". It charges great, I ran it for about 30 minutes and it came up to temp and did not leak anything. I pulled the sending unit out of the gas tank and the float sunk...otherwise the gas gauge works. Tank looks pretty clean inside, not scaly rust or tar varnish. Temp gauge works, dash lights work. Heater works as well. It moves back and forth and steers well. Brakes do not work. All glass good except windshield. Doors and windows open and close as should. Drivers door is pushed in but still functional. Window still rolls down with no problem. Interior door handle linkage is missing.
The box sides are pretty darn strait. Has some typical rust in the floors, inside steps and front cab mount area. Bed floor is rusty and bent down twards the back. Easy fix with a donor chunk of floor. Tail gate is in faircondition. All in all it's an old used pickup, but one of the rarest and sought after Ford pickups of the 60's. I think with brakes, tires, gas tank cleaning, carb rebuild, a full tune up and a lot of elbow grease you would have a driver. Would also make a great drag truck

I am asking 1,200.00 for the little hauler, and have a clean WA title. I have a bunch of spare parts that go with it as well. You can call me at 509-869-0266

Last edited by Chris; 03-15-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
Chris

Default Re: 1962 Ford F-100 shortbox unibody pickup

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
btt