Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
mrtexas

Default Throttle body FI on 21 stud

Well my 63 Corvette is getting a new MPFI: http://www.firstfuelinjection.com/redmanL.htm

So I'll have a surplus throttle body unit kicking around. On she goes to the 36 Woodie with 37 engine. Got the Edlebrock intake manifold today. Ought to breath better as it is a 4bbl manifold rather than the original 2bbl. It fits a WCFB 4bbl carb and has an adoptor for an AFB which the Corvette used to have. The ECU won't control the flathead crab distributor like in the SBC however.

Putting an electric fuel pump into my new 36 gas tank. My old gas tank was ruined when I had a body shop try to extend the filler neck by welding, boom. I had suggeted that they fill the tank with water before welding, guess they didn't. The filler neck that was in it was short and I'd get gas spilling over when I went around a corner. They installed a hot rod style replacement tank which I don't like as it doesn't have the original style filler neck. So I bought a new BobDrake tank with original style filler neck.

Last edited by mrtexas; 09-24-2013 at 11:31 PM.
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Ross F-1

Default Re: Throttle body FI on 21 stud

Interesting project! I'm curious why the filler and draft tube holes aren't drilled tho?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
mrtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross F-1 View Post
Interesting project! I'm curious why the filler and draft tube holes aren't drilled tho?
Still under construction.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
bluardun

I built a set up like this a few years ago. Look on page 69 in the "Flathead" book by Fisher/Ott.
I made my electronic dist. to pulse the injector pods. Kong Jackson made an intake maniflold for me, and I adapted it to the throttle body. Your Edelbrock manifold will probably work better. I put the fuel pump outside the tank. Had to plum a return line from the injector to the tank.
Great project. Lots of fun. Worked pretty well. Give a shout if you want to talk about it.
Have fun
Bill Herbert
bluardun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #5
mrtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluardun View Post
I built a set up like this a few years ago. Look on page 69 in the "Flathead" book by Fisher/Ott.
I made my electronic dist. to pulse the injector pods. Kong Jackson made an intake maniflold for me, and I adapted it to the throttle body. Your Edelbrock manifold will probably work better. I put the fuel pump outside the tank. Had to plum a return line from the injector to the tank.
Great project. Lots of fun. Worked pretty well. Give a shout if you want to talk about it.
Have fun
Bill Herbert
The reversible mods I'll be making in addition to the Edlebrock manfold and in tank fuel pump are a return line to the fuel tank and an O2 bung in the exhaust manifold. Very little expense beyond the new intake manifold as I already have the FI unit and the in tank fuel pump.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
carbuilder

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
FAST has a EFI for the 6 cylinder jeep that is supose to be a good match
carbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote