Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #41
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: Please let me chose USPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joop View Post
Y-Blockhead
You got a receipt and on that is the scanned number that is your proof.
So just go back with your receipt and get a refund.

Never had a problem with USPS

Joop, Yes, I have a receipt from e-pay for postage and insurance. Problem is I printed postage at home via e-Pay and PO claims they never received the package because there is no record of it being scanned in.

So I'm out a couple hundred $$ worth of parts plus postage.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:19 PM   #42
Willie Krash

Just an update re USPS. I put 6 shocks in a box and mailed it out of Central Point Oregon at 11:30AM, on the the ninth, Friday (1/9/2015).
It arrived in Ohio today Monday, 1/9/2015 and was delivered at 1:00PM.
Those 6 shocks are heavy. Shipping cost $12.65.
Willie Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #43
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Krash View Post
Just an update re USPS. I put 6 shocks in a box and mailed it out of Central Point Oregon at 11:30AM, on the the ninth, Friday (1/9/2015).
It arrived in Ohio today Monday, 1/9/2015 and was delivered at 1:00PM.
Those 6 shocks are heavy. Shipping cost $12.65.
That was my friend Frank from Central Point who delivered it. He was taking vacation and was heading to Ohio anyway so he just took it along. BTW, he said thanks for the $12.65.............

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:58 AM   #44
Synchro909

I am still waiting for a parcel posted i Phoenix on 16th December last year. Here is a section of the tracking report. Noice that it was in the LA sorting facility for 1 day short of 7 weeks. Since 29th Jan, it has been enroute to its destination but it hasn't even arrived in Australia yet. That is, it is still i the possession of USPS

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Departed USPS Facility LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 January 29, 2015 11:41 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 December 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Pretty rubbish, IMHO
Old 02-27-2015, 01:02 AM   #45
Synchro909

I am still waiting for a parcel posted in Phoenix Az on 16th December last year. here is part of the tracking report. Note that it spent 1 day short of 7 weeks in the LA sorting facility. Since 29th Jan, it has been in their possession on its way to the destination but it hasn't even entered Australia yet. Can't complain about the cervice - there is none!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #46
kenparker

I ordered a small item from Snyders this past Wednesday - two days ago.. A set of Chrome/Moly Head Studs. The lady on the phone asked if I wanted to ship them USPS Flat Rate Small Box. I think the rate is $5.75. I will keep ypuse guys posted as to when they get here. From Ohio to Van, Texas should take two days. ken
kenparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #47
kenparker

Head studs came in mail this morning. Not Bad - 2 days from Ohio to Texas and the little box was not damaged. ken
kenparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #48
johnbuckley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenparker View Post
- 2 days from Ohio to Texas ...
Yeah but Ohio to remote north Wales UK by Fedex.. ordered on website Snyders 7.30pm Monday ( 1.30pm Snyders time) delivered here UK by 11.30 am Friday ( 06.30am Snyders time). Sometimes can't get a parcel from from London that quick!!!
johnbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #49
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian Simpson View Post
My wife and I own three very different collector cars on which I perform the majority of maintenance. I purchase parts from multiple vendors in the US on a regular basis (about once per month). I do not object to paying the likes of UPS or FedEx for transport of large parts that the USPS will not carry. But I am getting sick and tired of being hosed by these companies at rates that are often 300% of the USPS charges.

Where the vendor allows, I always specify USPS as the shipping agent and it has been my experience that packages arrive as quickly as by other carriers and at much cheaper prices.

There is an added benefit, the final carrier to my door is Canada Post. Canada Post maintains a pickup depot within a half mile of my house so that if I am not home to accept delivery I do not have to drive 15+ miles to the city to pick up my parcel. Finally, if the package is small enough it is left in my mailbox, what a revelation.

So Mr/Ms Vendor, it is my dollar and at my risk let me have a real choice of carriers!

Just my 2 bits worth after another hosing by UPS.

Ian

I've had a lot of great service from the UPSO.

Sadly, I've also have had some doozy, horrible service. I've found that, even when they are at fault, that insurance they sell you is a bag of promise and more trouble then it's worth to collect on it.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #50
RonC

UPS is the most reliable
RonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #51
Fordors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
I've had a lot of great service from the UPSO.

Sadly, I've also have had some doozy, horrible service. I've found that, even when they are at fault, that insurance they sell you is a bag of promise and more trouble then it's worth to collect on it.
The only time I ever had an issue with the USPS was when a seller put an expensive book in a manila envelope and mailed it to me. When it arrived it was damaged, I emailed photos to the seller and sent it back for the insurance adjustment. Seller promptly returned my money including my return postage and informed me sending item back was not necessary. All that needed to be done was show proof of damage at local PO and turn item over to them. She had done nothing more than that and insurance payment was authorized immediately.
Proper packing and a legible address is a necessity, whether USPS, Fed Ex or UPS.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 PM   #52
Y-Blockhead

Had a good laugh today. Been waiting for a package for over a week now being shipped via USPS. Checked tracking today to see where it was. It actually moved 4.1 miles from one PO to another, both in California, both ~15 miles from my house...

Now I have to wait until monday to see where it goes...

USPS is the worst...
Old 03-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #53
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
Had a good laugh today. Been waiting for a package for over a week now being shipped via USPS. Checked tracking today to see where it was. It actually moved 4.1 miles from one PO to another, both in California, both ~15 miles from my house...

Now I have to wait until monday to see where it goes...

USPS is the worst...
If I saw any movement on my parcel, I'd know something was happening. Check this from the tracking report:

41 days without moving!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #54
Y-Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
If I saw any movement on my parcel, I'd know something was happening. Check this from the tracking report:

41 days without moving!
Holy Cow!!! I do know from taking to our mail person that a LOT of the carriers in SoCal are contractors workers. But that shouldn't happen in a Post Office where I believe they are REAL USPS employees.

I go out of my way NOT to use USPS.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:29 AM   #55
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
Holy Cow!!! I do know from taking to our mail person that a LOT of the carriers in SoCal are contractors workers. But that shouldn't happen in a Post Office where I believe they are REAL USPS employees.

I go out of my way NOT to use USPS.
I didn't point out in my earlier post that here we are at 2nd March and USPS still has the parcel "on its way to the destination" a whole 32 days after even that 41 days. It's now 80 days since it arrived at the Cal sorting depot and they still have it - somewhere but can't say where. What's the point of tracking??
Old 03-02-2015, 04:24 AM   #56
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
I didn't point out in my earlier post that here we are at 2nd March and USPS still has the parcel "on its way to the destination" a whole 32 days after even that 41 days. It's now 80 days since it arrived at the Cal sorting depot and they still have it - somewhere but can't say where. What's the point of tracking??
Whom have you called?
Old 03-02-2015, 04:28 AM   #57
Tom Wesenberg

I've found USPS tracking pretty useless. I bought some tire chains that came two weeks ago and the tracking still shows them on the way. Other tracking has been several days at some post office before it moves again.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #58
Synchro909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Whom have you called?
Not being in the US, USPS won't talk to me. All I have is the online tracking site and the item number. From now on, I'm inclined to buy from the local guy and leave USPS out of it altogether. I am also waiting on a shipment by surface (much cheaper but slower - well, maybe not!) but the industrial strife in the west coast ports has it all tied up too. I'm not happy with the situation in the US at the moment. That said, I definitely DON"T want to offend any of you.

The port strike has been going on for months. A similar thing happened here a few years ago but the government backed the employers and broke the strike. Is something like that not possible under US law??? How does USPS stay in business??? Is it because it is government owned. The Australian Post Office is soon to be privatised. Watchem lift their game then!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #59
Synchro909

Angry Re: Please let me chose USPS

19 March, 2015. Still NOTHING after more than 3 months! Can I expect it before Christmas 2015??
Old 03-18-2015, 07:35 PM   #60
harleytoprock

Have you checked with customs in your country? Sometimes there are major delays because of customs.
harleytoprock is offline   Reply With Quote