Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
a_crazy

Default thoughts on ground clearance/ seat height

Howdy Fellas , I was thinking about seat height and ground clearance of the model A. I am referring to original stock model A's. Did the height differ depending on model? I look a modern cars and hate how they sit so low. I prefer to sit up so I can see where I am going, I also don't like having to have some so and so with their head lights gleaming in my rear view mirror when I am at a stop light . So I wondered how such things are accomplished... height I mean. now I figure modern cars are low for safety at higher speeds but with today's suspension technology I would think a guy could have a reasonably high entry with out sacrificing safety. I am not real crazy about the silly "mud trucks". I am thinking about like a late 1970's full size 4x4 pick up height. I guess this is one more reason I like the looks of the A , and the tall skinny tires. Do any of you fellas... or ladies feel the same way? What insights do you guys... or ladies have?
So personally I don't need four wheel drive. I don't need the expense even though I live in the north east. If I am not mistaken many folks got through worse weather than we have had for the past 10 -20 years. with two wheel drive ? and Im thinking the mighty model A went through more mud and snow than any modern two wheel drive car could handle...

Last edited by a_crazy; 10-21-2016 at 04:50 PM.
a_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote