Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Late V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
Fullraceflathead

Default "Fullrace Flathead" Engine Build Up on DVD

City: Riverside
State: Ca
Price: 25.00

The Video I made back in 1996 during the Build Up of the "Fullrace Flathead" Supercharged 296 Engine that I built for my Front Engine Nostalgia Dragster "Bad Moon Rising". This is the Classic 3/8 x 3/8 296 Stroker Flathead.
I made a serious attempt at making a Complete semi-instructional guide to one of the Worlds most Famous Engines.Why? Because much of this information is going away along with all of the Innovators Sadly. I want to keep the Flathead Fords Racing History ALIVE!
I show many of the now Obsolete and Rare Speed Parts along with some Modern Technology I used in building this Racing Fullrace Flathead!
I show the Steps, Tricks and Modern Features on building one of these Unique Engines.
A few of the things I show in detail: Building a Bullet Proof Bottom end/all Steel Main Bearing Caps and Girdle, Cross Bolted! How to set up Full Floating Silver/Cad Bearings, Special Oiling System, Pump, Hoses and Oil Pan Baffles, Modifications done to the 4" Mercury Crank, off-set ground to 4 1/8" stroke (3/8 x 3/8) set up, Installing and Degreeing in the Legendary Iskenderian 404 Constant Acceleration Radius Lifter Camshaft and how I Made the Radius Lifters from the Old Lightweight Johnson Adjustable Lifters, Larger Valve sizes and modifications to them, Ceramic Heat Bearier Coatings on Pistons and Valves, Fullrace Porting and Deck Relieving, Special Tony Barron Heads, Camden Supercharger and Intake Manifold.
Watch as this engine goes from a Race prepped Block including a full Fill of Hard Blok water jacket filler to a complete assembled "Fullrace Flathead" in about an hour.
Whether you had 3/8 x 3/8 296 Fullrace Flathead back in the Day and want to Reminisce, or just want to see how a modern one is built now, or are going to Build one Today, YOU need this VIDEO. Many of the things I show are quickly fading away and becoming forgotten. I talked with many old timers before I started building this Engine for my Dragster. If you are looking to build an engine for the street the blocks water jackets can be left unfilled for cooling. Since my Dragster runs a Quarter Mile at a Time I don't need the water to cool.
The very beginning of the Video has about 3 seconds of slight grainy picture do to my original Master tape (VHS) being worn. This DVD is made from My only Master Tape.
If You Love Flathead Ford V8's and Souping them up. I think, You'll at least Enjoy this DVD Very much, if not Love it!
Also included is the "26th Antique Nationals" Flathead Dragster Competition that was once held at Los Angeles County Raceway. You'll see John Bradley running NITRO and Doug Kings ARDUN Dragster plus many others. The quickest E.T. 8.70! down the Quarter Mile!
The Video is 92 minutes in length. 56 Minutes of the "Fullrace Flathead" Build Up then 36 Minutes of the "26th Antique Nationals".
Free Shipping but I only Ship to the USA.
Fullraceflathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:25 AM   #2
Fullraceflathead

Default Re: "Fullrace Flathead" Engine Build Up on DVD

Has a lot of Vintage Speed Parts and some Modern Technology.
Fullraceflathead is offline   Reply With Quote