Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #21
Brendan

Default Re: TROG on the left coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Travieso View Post
Rocket1 -- there are never enough car activities in California!

Ronn -- you're probably right. T.R.O.G. had a booth at the Grand National Roadster Show at the Fairplex in Pomona last month so I guess they are still interested in Cali. The guys at the booth said they were trying to get something for this year but we're not optimistic. I don't think they had enough advertising either. A group from our Model A club went and have pictures on our web site.

David Serrano
the grand national roadster show has a lot of plastic 32's and i bet it has mustangs and Try 5 Chebbys. all the car shows around hear are the same. there is nothing like Trog out hear. i have been to a lot of car shows. there are only about a handful of cars i like to look at. but at trog every car got my attention. also you can hear them in motion. i went there, and fought the weather, i had a good time. also i did not gripe about wanting a refund for the Sunday. i wish they would do that again, i would go in a hot minuet

i can't spell my way out of a paper bag!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #22
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: TROG on the left coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
the grand national roadster show has a lot of plastic 32's and i bet it has mustangs and Try 5 Chebbys. all the car shows around hear are the same. there is nothing like Trog out hear. i have been to a lot of car shows. there are only about a handful of cars i like to look at. but at trog every car got my attention. also you can hear them in motion. i went there, and fought the weather, i had a good time. also i did not gripe about wanting a refund for the Sunday. i wish they would do that again, i would go in a hot minuet
You are right about the Grand National Roadster Show. However, they do have one building reserved for old unrestored hot rods where you find a lot of unusual old cars. There are a lot of interesting cars that guys drive into the show too, plus a lot of guys hang around their cars so you can talk to them.

The same goes for the L.A. Roadster Show in June in Pomona. The most interesting cars are outside the buildings, including restored Model A's and four banger hot rods.

Although a lot of local shows are repetitive as you pointed out, you can always find a few interesting cars to see and interesting people to talk to.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)