Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Micheal

Default any info on a 1934 delivery sedan

I recently purchased a 34 delivery sedan. It was in a barn for 48 years. Everything is there and I would like to do a full restoration on the car. I would appreciate any info such as interior, paint, Patch panels such as floor or rockers and lower body at the rocker areas. the car is in pretty good condition considering how long it was in the barn on a dirt floor. Is there any one out there that has a delivery sedan? Thank You
Micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
deuce_roadster

Default Re: any info on a 1934 delivery sedan

Michael, years ago I fixed a trashed 34 sedan delivery. A few things I found out along the way was that the rear fenders are all by themselves, they are NOT the same as victora, close but not the same (width is slightly different). The front doors are 4 door front doors. You can find a lot of useful info using the original Ford body parts list for 34. Using the part numbers and the body designation (780) you can tell which parts fit which models. ie for the sedan delivery body they list a 4 door front door. I would think sill and rocker parts would be same as a 4 door too, body patch panels would most likely be close to a tudor. Good luck.

As a side note, I sold mine after I got it finished because it made me nervous driving it, VERY blind on the right hand side.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
professorpat

I am building a 37 sedan delivery, and if I can be of any help just let me know.
professorpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
SUHRsc

Michael,
Did you have photos with you of this car at an auction in central PA a couple months ago?

Zach
77-6050B, 81AS - 81SB - 99AS - 99SB 19AS cylinder heads
SUHRsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
Capn John

A good place for info

http://www.vanpeltsales.com/

http://www.earlyfordv8.org/

Store Home > Ford Books > 1933-1934 Ford Book, softbound

1933-1934 Ford Book, softbound

Product Number: 2010
Description:
The NEW 1933-1934 Ford Book Restoration Manual, softbound has over 430 pages, and loads of outstanding color photos. This softbound book is a must for 1934 enthusiasts. You gotta get this one. (Plus S&H)

http://www.fordmanuals.com/estore/sc...idCategory=175

http://www.fordgarage.com/

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...IM1550&rows=50

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/

http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/?locale=en_US

http://pc.dupont.com/dpc/en/US/html/...r_Library.html

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/aclinfo.html

Last edited by Capn John; 07-18-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Capn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

I saw a very nice '34 sedan delivery last year at the Early Ford V8 Club Central National Meet in Auburn, IN. I saw it at the Town Square gathering but don't recall if it was on the show field. You might be able to look back at the V8 Times magazine that covered that show and get the name of the owner. Then look him up in the club roster and contact him. He may be a good source of information on where to find parts and how to do some of the restoration work on your vehicle. You can also go through the complete roster to find other club members who may own a '34 sedan delivery and contact them for information on your project.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
David J

Should be the same as a 5W coupe on this stuff . 5W's have short doors like fordor & sedan delivery . Tudor , 3W coupe & victoria have long doors so they have short 1/4 bottoms .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
Patch panels such as floor or rockers and lower body at the rocker areas. Thank You
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
cuddles1

Yho; You will have a lot more time and "eneregy" to work on that 34- if you let the "women" alone---- or have'em hold a wrench!!!! (ha)
cuddles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
Dennis (EV8G)

Here's a few pictures of the '34 Sedan Delivery my Dad, Richard Lacy, owned for about 25 years. It was restored by the late Don Thelen at his Buffalo Motor Cars shop in Paramount, California in the very early 80's. The color is a correct for '34 Cordoba Gray. Some liberties were taken to suite my Dad's tastes such as the dual chrome horns and chrome windshield frame. The upholstery is also far nicer than original as from the factory the rear compartment was trimmed with masonite panels. My Dad rarely drove the car because it was "too nice" and as someone else mentioned, they have huge blind spots. The car was supposed to have a passenger-side mirror but it got over looked during the restoration process.

The car was sold 8(?) years ago to a couple in Missouri who sought my Dad out through the V8 Club Registry as they were looking for a '34 Sedan Delivery specifically. They made quite a few changes to make the car more factory correct and we learned a few years ago by seeing a picture and caption in the V8 Times that it won a Dearborn Award. As far as we know they still own it and it may be the one that was seen at a meet in Indiana???

Old 08-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
inded

PM me with your email address and I'll send pictures of the wood in one restored a couple months ago - including the new rear door and door jam. I do have some of the brackets if needed
inded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
davidk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
I recently purchased a 34 delivery sedan. It was in a barn for 48 years. Everything is there and I would like to do a full restoration on the car. I would appreciate any info such as interior, paint, Patch panels such as floor or rockers and lower body at the rocker areas. the car is in pretty good condition considering how long it was in the barn on a dirt floor. Is there any one out there that has a delivery sedan? Thank You
We make reproduction wood for all of wood required in the '33-34 Ford sedan deliveries except the top bows. We have been making the reproduction wood for 40 years.

What condition is your wood? Do you have photos you are willing to share?

Thanks,
Dave Krueger
DMW Enterprises, Inc.
503 957 9091
[email protected]
davidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #12
Micheal

Yes Zach that was me at the sale with pictures. My delivery is ready for paint. It's taking some time but it's looking real good. Micheal
Micheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #13
BrianCT

As they say on the HAMB -If there's no pictures it doesn't exist.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #14
rockfla

Here is a few pictures I took at the 2005 Western National in Breckenridge CO of a Very Fine 34 Delivery. I LOVE Sedan Delivery's and uploaded a file in my albums if you wish to go look.
Image (4).jpg

Image (5).jpg

Image (7).jpg

Image (6).jpg
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #15
rockfla

My pictures are of the car Dennis (EFV8G) is talking about I believe
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #16
mercman from oz

This nice 1934 Ford Sedan Delivery was in the Hotel Parking Lot at Lake Tahoe during the Golden Jubilee Early Ford V8 Nationals in 2013, but was not seen on display, which was a pity, as it is a lovely vehicle.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #17
mercman from oz

Here are two pictures that Rockfla took of this neat 1934 Ford Sedan Delivery at Colorado in 2005.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #18
ora masters

how many sedan delivery did ford make not many i bet i have never seen one
ora masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:03 AM   #19
smartin66

Send a message via AIM to smartin66

Helo All,

Just signed up here on the Ford Barn...Noticed some of you are working on 1934 sedan delivery. I’ve had on now for about 7-8 years and it is now on the road. Mine has been update with all new running gear (small block chevy, IFS, 4 speed auto, new rear end).Took body off frame and had everything powder coated underneath. Body is still patina and has it's original coat of paint. Getting ready to paint it this winter. Thanks for a great forum. Love to hear from some of you....Steve (California) Would love to post a pic, but couldn’t figure out how to do that yet...I really feel the young generation doesn’t know what these cars are all about...
smartin66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:09 AM   #20
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartin66 View Post
Helo All,

Just signed up here on the Ford Barn...Noticed some of you are working on 1934 sedan delivery. I’ve had on now for about 7-8 years and it is now on the road. Mine has been update with all new running gear (small block chevy, IFS, 4 speed auto, new rear end).Took body off frame and had everything powder coated underneath. Body is still patina and has it's original coat of paint. Getting ready to paint it this winter. Thanks for a great forum. Love to hear from some of you....Steve (California) Would love to post a pic, but couldn’t figure out how to do that yet...I really feel the young generation doesn’t know what these cars are all about...
A "chevy" in a Ford is is also known as a 'sore throat'....

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote