Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #21
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: howells sheet metal

Yes, Harbor freight is good, they stand behind their products and the people that work there are friendly and helpfull. Most every thing is from China now anyway. I'm damn glad to get it and appreciate the good prices. Nobody is forced to buy anything there.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #22
Chris Haynes

I bought a drivers door panel for my early '30 Truck. I arrived in a few weeks. It was made incorrectly and wouldn't match up and couldn't be used. Many phone calls and E mails remain unanswered. Howell's makes crappy parts and doesn't know the meaning of customer service. NEVER BUY ANY PRODUCT MADE BY HOWELL'S NO MATTER WHO IS SELLING IT.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Chris Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #23
ericr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
Real funny Tom! I have expressed my attitude about Howell's many times here on Fordbarn. Lets just say that if Howell's were the last company on earth, I still wouldn't buy anything from them. They deserve the F rating for customer service and the poor quality of most of their items from the BBB. The most pathetic item I bought from Bratton's unfortunately without asking who made it, was the stiffening channel that clamps together the upper and lower rear panels of a 28/29 CCPU. It was $10 and not worth even close to that price. It was formed terribly wrong and was made out of 3 or 4 gauges of thinner metal than the original. Bratton's, with my urging, decided to have the correct stiffener made. Bratton's sent me one and it was perfect in every way. I have recently found that Ahooga Reproduction Parts in Ohio (they were at the MARC meet in French Lick this year) are making a lot of patch panel and other model A items (mostly sheetmetal parts) and all or nearly all are die stamped, not roll formed like the crappy Howell's parts.
Rusty Nelson
not to quibble, but I looked at their website and it remains unclear to me what they actually make and what they obtain from other sources.
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #24
AHOOGA A & T

This is AHOOGA A & T

We don't make everything, but everything we sell, we make.

As a rule, we do not buy from other manufacturers and resell their parts.

Sometimes, for special occasions or customers request, we will order parts for you from these dealers. But we will tell you ahead of time where we get them if we do that.

All of our products are made right here in the U. S. A. in our shop. Most of the parts we make are stamped from our dies in our stamping presses.

We do most of our business wholesaling to and supplying other dealers. Probably your favorite one too. We encourage you to buy from them or you can buy directly from us.

And if there is a problem with one of our parts, we will give you your money back or a replacement. Whichever you want.

Our web site is not perfect and we make a lot more than what is listed on it. We are working on improving our web site but it is just another one of the irons in the fire. Please be patient.

We make parts for Ford Model A's, Model T's and Early Ford's.

If you want to place an order from us, our contact information is as follows.

AHOOGA A & T Reproduction Parts
310 Conover Dr.
Franklin, Ohio 45005
937-746-7105 P
937-746-7106 F
[email protected]

We will try to answer your questions or inquiries as soon as we get them.

Thank you,
The "AHOOGA BOY'S"
Dale and Steve
AHOOGA A & T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #25
wrndln

I called you (Ahooga A& T Reproduction Parts) few months ago inquiring about die stamped floorpans for 28 through mid 30 CCPU's. You said you were thinking about making them. Did you ever decide to make them? I would be interested in one. I believe the only 28/29/early 30 CCPU floorpans are made by the dreaded Howell's outfit and aren't made very well plus they have the stiffening ribs rolled in. If you read this, please post a response.
Rusty Nelson
Lakeville, MN
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:43 AM   #26
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHOOGA A & T View Post
This is AHOOGA A & T

We don't make everything, but everything we sell, we make.

As a rule, we do not buy from other manufacturers and resell their parts.

Sometimes, for special occasions or customers request, we will order parts for you from these dealers. But we will tell you ahead of time where we get them if we do that.

All of our products are made right here in the U. S. A. in our shop. Most of the parts we make are stamped from our dies in our stamping presses.

We do most of our business wholesaling to and supplying other dealers. Probably your favorite one too. We encourage you to buy from them or you can buy directly from us.

And if there is a problem with one of our parts, we will give you your money back or a replacement. Whichever you want.

Our web site is not perfect and we make a lot more than what is listed on it. We are working on improving our web site but it is just another one of the irons in the fire. Please be patient.

We make parts for Ford Model A's, Model T's and Early Ford's.

If you want to place an order from us, our contact information is as follows.

310 Conover Dr.
Franklin, Ohio 45005
937-746-7105 P
937-746-7106 F
[email protected]

We will try to answer your questions or inquiries as soon as we get them.

Thank you,
The "AHOOGA BOY'S"
Dale and Steve
Hold up, Dale and Steve! We all can't just have folks post promptly and nicely offering prompt reliable service, decent shipping and home-made products. What will have have to bitch about? Thanks for posting.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #27
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
Hold up, Dale and Steve! We all can't just have folks post promptly and nicely offering prompt reliable service, decent shipping and home-made products. What will have have to bitch about?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #28
SteveB31

Ahooga makes good parts.

Howells make not good parts.

Ahooga is expanding the number of parts they make, and if they play their cards right, along with Brookville, who makes mostly good parts, MAYBE............eventually Howells will go belly up.

Only problem, is Howells makes hundreds of different crappy parts. It will take a while for Ahooga and others to make the tooling to make good parts.

Reason- it is easy to make crappy parts. It is hard to make good parts. Because you have to tool up to make EACH part CORRECTLY..
SteveB31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #29
zzlegend

Agree with you Steve. My problem was when I needed patch panels and a new deck lid for my 27 roadster, Howells was the only one that I could find that made them. Was I happy with them? No. I hope Ahooga will make replacement parts for 26-27s, unless of course they are already. Just my 2 cents.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #30
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlegend View Post
Agree with you Steve. My problem was when I needed patch panels and a new deck lid for my 27 roadster, Howells was the only one that I could find that made them. Was I happy with them? No. I hope Ahooga will make replacement parts for 26-27s, unless of course they are already. Just my 2 cents.
Pretty clear, and it's been that way for a long time, that if you need a Howell's part you'd better get it from a dealer/vendor. And then, you probably nned to me really good friends with a master metalsmith. Sending Howell's money for a part directly is pretty much the same as just sending them money.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #31
Tinbasher

Try Gaslight Next time. I always have good luck with them.
Tinbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #32
Bruskie

gas lite sucks too many cheaply made parts
Bruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:34 PM   #33
Randy in ca

I can never figure out how they (Howell's) manage to do so well on eBay. They have a 99% positive feedback rating - about 250 positive transactions per month.
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:35 PM   #34
wrndln

Steve,
I couldn't have stated the facts better concerning Howell's and Ahoogh A & T Reproductions than you did above. Dale and Steve are making some good die stamped parts. I talked to Dale yesterday and he said they are probably going to make die stamped 28, 29 and early 30 CCPU and AA truck floorpans. The companies are like night and day.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:12 AM   #35
AHOOGA A & T

Smile Re: howells sheet metal

First off, we want to thank everyone for there kind words.
We really do appreciate it.

Now, we have some really good and big news we wanted to announce and this seemed like as good a place as any.

As of August 1st, 2016. We purchased the assets of what used to be "FUNK'S ANTIQUE FORD AUTO PARTS".

We moved all of our machines, dies, stamping presses, inventory, office equipment, everything to Carlisle, Ohio in the building that Funks used to own.

We are still setting up machines, reorganizing all of the machines, presses, dies, tooling etc and still trying to keep up production.

This has been a major undertaking for everyone and a huge leap of faith.

We are going to bring back a lot of the products that the "FUNK'S" used to make along with what we made before.

I know at one time, "FUNK'S" had a great and solid reputation and that is one reason we decided to make this purchase.

The history of the "FUNK'S" company goes back many years and I have learned a lot of what happened and much of it is really sad for the family.
Our hopes and prayers are with them and we hope and plan to do their name honor by bringing the products they made back to the publics eye.

If you would, please be patient with us as we go thru this transition while we build up our inventory for you.

If you need to contact us, all of our contact information is correct except our address. We are now at the following:

330 Industry Dr.
Carlisle, Ohio 45005
937-746-7105
[email protected]

We are really looking forward to the future and helping everyone we can in the hobby find great parts for their car (Their Baby, yeah, I'm a car nut too, LOL)

Thank you to everyone and hope to see you soon,

Dale A. and Steve H. and the rest of the gang

THE
"AHOOGA BOY'S"
AHOOGA A & T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #36
DougVieyra

Thank you Dale & Steve, for taking the time to 'keep us in the loop". It has been some time since this thread originally showed up, so it goes to prove, 'It ain't over 'til its over". Thanks again, and I am sure we are all waiting with a positive spirit to see your products once again help the Model A restorer with his many problems.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:53 PM   #37
Missouri A

I bought a trunk lid skin from them. Howells, For a 1931 Model a Coupe. Dont know to this day what it is supposed to fit.
Missouri A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #38
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed

Sounds like Bradleys sheet metal ,a guy here has spent been two years chasing them ,wont answer E mails phone calls .They were happy to take the money ,?????

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote