Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #21
RooDog

Default Re: 1973 302 Timing Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
He is a member bracketracer2000
Thanks, Mike, I'm the new guy here and have no idea how to contact a member. Any help?...RooDog....
RooDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:35 PM   #22
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooDog View Post
Thanks, Mike, I'm the new guy here and have no idea how to contact a member. Any help?...RooDog....
On the top of the forum there is black strip with various forum options.

Click on community
Click on member list
Look to the right and click on search members enter the first several letters
click go
look for contact info above his name, click
and there you will find the methods of contact the member wants to use.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #23
scicala

Quote:
Thank you, Mike. It's is good to find an intelligent man amongst the masses.
I have done an internet search and have discovered that this is a recurring problem though not well supported. I do have in my hands a timing tape from "FORD Motorsport" (not listed in their 2000 catalog) installed on a C6OE 6.5 damper. Sorry to say but there is no part number to persue. It features the four cardinal points plus 60 degress of advance noted. I looked here to FordBarn for two reasons. The main being to find the elusive 6.5 tape, but also to see what sort if dumb shit I would get in response. The latter outweighed the former....LOL.....
And I have looked at MSD, MrGasket, Jeggs, Summit, and several other FORD specialty dealers. See, the quest is for the product item, not for getting the job done, I can mark my own damper or use the 6.375 tape efectivly, that should not be too hard to understand, but it seems to be. RooDog

Your not too short on insults for people trying to help you, are you ?
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #24
oj

Quote:
Originally Posted by scicala View Post
Your not too short on insults for people trying to help you, are you ?

My thoughts exactly, but then anybody that thinks he can cut precise timing marks to the thousandths of an inch with a dremel tool is in afantasy world. Let me suggest a dialback timing light if he wants precision and then work from TDC.
oj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #25
ford3

scicila, yes hes pretty rude, he belongs over on thre HAMB, but i dont think those guys would put up with him for more than 30 seconds, i have the info, email and telephone # of the guy to contact, in fact i have one of the tapes sitting on my desk right now, i just recieved it this morning, i wanted to see what was so different about the 6 1/2" and the 6 3/8", very little, about a half degree in every 5, but im not going to give him any info, and these are not for sale, they were made by a member who works in an engineering and drafting company in los angles for the guys who drag race, he made 25 of them and most are gone already, i dont know if he plans on making any more,

Last edited by ford3; 04-22-2014 at 04:30 PM.
ford3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #26
rick55

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
The moral of the story! Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

1958 Ford Mainline Utility, 1955 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
Henry Ford
rick55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #27
tdlmomowers

Quote:
Let me put this in a kind way. You are new to this forum. Please be kind when asking a question. A lot of us have been on here for quite some time, and we would be glad to try and answer any questions you may have. Some of our answers are better than others. We all have areas where we shine and some areas where we struggle. Please don't be so quick to judge us. I am willing to give you a chance.
tdlmomowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #28
RooDog

OK, this is what I've found. I have installed on an old 6.5 damper a FORD Motorsport timing tape. Well I finally located one in a 1986 Ford Mortorsport catalog. page 37. It says: TIMING TAPE. Dull black with aluminum lettering/graduations. Arrow at TDC. Markings at 2 deg increments from 60 deg BTDC to 10 deg ATDC, then every 90 degs. fits most (LOL) engines. M-6023-A390 All ''FE'' engines". does not mention diameterin the description at all.
Well, I guess I was off base as my tape really didn't lign-up with the factory cardinal markings. But as y'all have said, it ain't off enough to really matter.....RooDog....With egg on my face.....
RooDog is offline   Reply With Quote