Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Leonard

Default Early 1931 Vicky Leatherback

I have searched and searched for the front seat frames, mounting brackets and legs for my early 1931 Victoria Leatherback and have exhausted every source and lead that I have acquired . Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions what I might try next to try to find these seat parts?
Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
jetmek

Default Re: Early 1931 Vicky Leatherback

I think there were at least 3 different style seats for those. I would probably consider modifying a pair or tudor seats because you may never find what your looking for. The Victoria owners club had some pretty detailed info in their newsletters years ago.. maybe someone could dredge that up. Our late 30 vic had just angle brackets on seat and floor with 3 holes for a long hinge pin. the drivers was wider that pass and had a part that dropped down from backrest to fill in gap to cushion. also an adjustable foot at back edge similar to the gas pedal footrest
Old 06-30-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
ronn

I agree with jet,

the seats were just hinged in the front and 2 pods on the back-would be easy to use a set of tudor seats. Maybe take a look at a vicki at a car show to see how simple it really is. Nice thing about the vicki is plenty of room for tall folks in the front!
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
Vern

Leonard, the seat hinge pieces & the seat support studs for the early style Victoria are available from most of the vendors. Snyder's has them on page A-206 of their most recent catalog.
The seat frames however are an entirely different matter. There are differences between the frames for the Victoria & the Tudor in how the upper back part of the frame curves. I suppose a talented metalworker could take a set of Tudor frames and re-work them to the Victoria shape.
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:08 PM   #5
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Do you belong to the international model A Victoria Association? They have back issues and books on Victoria parts for members to purchase.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #6
aonemarine

i did not realize there was a difference in the front seats of a vickey. can someone post pics to show what you are talking about? I have a 31 vickey and need to sort through this a bit...
aonemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
Bob Bidonde

The photos show the OEM 190A passenger's seat, and the driver's seat is similar. It should not be difficult to modify a set of 1930 or early 1931 Tudor seats to work.

The hinge rods are made from a set of radiator support rods. The knobs on the hinge rods are windshield lock knobs. As Vern says, you can buy reproduction hinge brackets for the 190A. Reproduction rear feet are also available, or you can make them from carriage bolts.

If you are a member of the Victoria Association, you can purchase a book that has excellent diagrams of the seats for the 190A, and a lot of other info about the 190A that is not available elsewhere. Just contact Vern to join.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1730.jpg (63.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1729.jpg (73.4 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Bob Bidonde; 07-01-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Bob Bidonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
Leonard

Those are great pictures Bob. I have Tudor front seats c/w new springs and I have made mounting brackets similar to those and they will work fine. The only difference is that the brackets that bolt to the floor on the passenger side that I have are 3 hole the same as the drivers side. I have made some pieces for the drivers side to move the seat back a bit as it was to far forward and my belly rubbed on the steering wheel. I will keep looking for the proper Vicky seats as I would like this Vicky to be totally original if at all possible .
Old 07-01-2016, 06:47 PM   #9
jw hash

if you use tudor front seats and you are going to use an interior kit, DO NOT order the front seat covers for the Victoria. the Victoria seat frames and springs are completely different then the tudor seat frames. I have one early Victoria passenger seat frame that is already spoken for but I would be willing to take some pictures and measurements if that would help. I also have a 32 seat frame that could be modified to work in the victoria. it is the same size as the victoria drivers seat
jw hash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #10
art ebeling

Leonard, These are my early 31 Victoria seat frames. If you want to modify tudor seats I can send you any measurements you may need.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image2(17).jpg (74.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg image1(19).jpg (77.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg image4(7).jpg (94.9 KB, 37 views)
art ebeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:20 PM   #11
Leonard

Thank everyone for your feedback , I really appreciate all the information. I have not as yet ordered the interior upholstery kit but when I order it my intentions are to order for the Tudor seats that I have as well as for the early Victoria seats, that way if in the future I find the Victoria seats I will have the upholstery for them all made from the same dye lot.
As for measurements of the Vicky seats, if I decide to build some proper frames I will definatly keep you in mind, and thanks for the offer.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #12
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Here are more pics;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat-3.jpg (69.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #13
Bill Cilker

Here are pictures of my 5/31 Victoria's original seats. The passenger side has a cardboard cover on the bottom and the drivers does not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB170015s.jpg (70.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg PB170017s.jpg (70.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg PB170020.jpg (93.7 KB, 35 views)
Victoria Association President
Bill Cilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:53 AM   #14
Leonard

Hi Bill
Thanks for the pictures, I am getting a great collection.