Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
navypainter

Default Inside dimensions of 28 Sport Coupe

I need help!! I just acquired a '28 Sport Coupe and the floor bracing is gone. The body is kind of wobbly and befor I start welding up the floor braces I want to make sure everything is where it needs to be. Any and all measurements would be great. The main ones are the "A" and "B" posts from left to right hand side and the rear of the car. Once again, thanks for all your help.
navypainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: Inside dimensions of 28 Sport Coupe

The lower structure is the same for all 28 and 29 coupes. I have a 28 special coupe that is mostly together. I am not sure what "floor bracing" is. I have never heard the term used. I am not sure what you are looking for - subrails? cross sills?, etc. I don't know what you are planning to "weld" as there was not a lot of stuff welded on the lower areas, just the sheetmetal panel spot welded some places. The subrails and cross sills were riveted together. Why don't you post a picture(s) of the areas you need help with?
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
navypainter

The subrails is what I was talking about. I know the subrails were riveted in but I plan on welding them in, just think it is going to be easier and last longer. What I was looking for was the measurement between the "A" and "B" pillars from the drivers side to the passengers side. "A" pillar is where the hinges are bolted and the "B" pillar is where the latch latches. If you could take the measurement at the floor level that would be great. I do appreciate all your help.
navypainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
Dennis Pereira

Quote:
Originally Posted by navypainter View Post
I need help!! I just acquired a '28 Sport Coupe and the floor bracing is gone. The body is kind of wobbly and befor I start welding up the floor braces I want to make sure everything is where it needs to be. Any and all measurements would be great. The main ones are the "A" and "B" posts from left to right hand side and the rear of the car. Once again, thanks for all your help.
Im not sure what you need but the door opening is 28" 1/4 inside at the top and bottom inside is 27" 1/2.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Jack '29 Sport Coupe

I've read your post a couple of times and am as confused as some of the others.
a picture of the area you are talking about would be very helpful. Since you don't
have "floor bracing" would it be correct to assume that you are also missing the floor?
Help us out here!

Jack