Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-15-2022, 04:53 PM   #21
DeBordEngineMan

Default Re: I feel like a newbie again?? Problems, problems,!!!

Hello everybody hopefully getting closer to the problem I visited with two dear friends that has helped me over years helped me get the tudor running 13 years ago and were just the best they help me to rebuild my steering box plus many other things they are 2 hours away thats only problem but not to far when you need help. One of them I bought my zenith carburetor from as he is a master builder never once had a problem with it until I got into it!!!! So rebuild the carburetor again yesterday showed me how to rebuild and explain how the zenith works. The other friend made me a compression adapter to use with 14mm compression tester. With new rebuilt carburetor it does run somewhat better but still a miss. After the tudor has sit for 5 years I suspect that I have a valve sticking or slow from gunk on stem or a stuck piston ring so could be any of these. I done a thumb test turning motor over and felt 4 cylinder next to firewall was weak. Done a compression test today. Results going front to back. 1st cylinder 60lbs. 2nd 55lbs 3rd 58lbs. 4th 40lbs. So I was right 4th one is weak. I have been soaking all cylinders with MMO but I'm going to put some automatic transmission fluid in #4 and and turn over motor with key off to try to get fluid down her. Plus pull side plate off and work it from there also. So wish me luck hopefully I won't have to pull the head. As most guys have told me when I parked it 5 years ago it was running perfectly it wouldn't have broken down on its own. It just needs to be run I think it will fix itself just getting her hot on the road. Thanks Robert
DeBordEngineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:09 AM   #22
katy

Default Re: I feel like a newbie again?? Problems, problems,!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBordEngineMan View Post
It just needs to be run I think it will fix itself Thanks Robert
It seems like you come a long way, so, if it doesn't have one, put a plate on it and as previously stated take it out and give it a good run, that's all it probably needs. Can't hurt anything to give it a try.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)